Harmison hits out at Boycott

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
cricinfo said:
Harmison hits out at Boycott
Cricinfo staff
March 23, 2008

Steve Harmison, the England fast bowler, has struck back at Geoff Boycott after the former opening batsman had launched a scathing attack at him in a column for Daily Telegraph.

Source: Cricinfo

Good on Harmison, his place in the side is under scrutiny, but there is still fight in the dog. He is fighting his critics, hopefully he can start to do the same on the field.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I was actually half-way through reading this article.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well Its like when Nothing going at your way then everybody start laugh at you..There was a time when Same Peoples have counted him as world number 1 test bowler and he was..Now Hes in difficult mind stat..I think people should encourage him instead of realizing him that hes doing nothing in team..

I feel He'll bounce Back..Just need some time..
With same approach you will get nothing except one more player to say good bye from Cricket...

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Quite right Harmison. Everyone involved with cricket knows that Boycott is full of crap. He changes his opinions more often than his clothes and contradicts himself constantly. The sooner TMS boot him the better.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Quite right Harmison. Everyone involved with cricket knows that Boycott is full of crap. He changes his opinions more often than his clothes and contradicts himself constantly. The sooner TMS boot him the better.

lol, i swear that made me laugh..

:laugh

:thumbs I'd never see but reality struck Better find out before your time's out, WTF?!

usy

Chairman of Selectors
lol you need to listen to more HipHop!

where you at guys?

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Kicking a man when they are down is pretty low. I hope Harmison proves Boycott wrong.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is Harmison still trying to prove he is good enough for Test Cricket? Geez, England, can't you see when a player is past his use-by date? e.g Jason Gillespie.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
I don't think Harmison should've done that. Boycott's just doing his job really, since he's a pundit, and yeah, Harmison is entitled to his opinion too. But he should try and reply by actions, not words.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I've just heard Boycott on 5-live defending himself. He's obviously feeling a bit touchy cos all Pienaar did was ask him if Strauss had been feeling the pressure from the media and the next thing Boycs was ranting about Harmison!
Whilst I agree that the best response is on the pitch, Boycott is a seriously unpleasant person although apparently not as bad as Henry Blofeld who has an even bigger ego.
Reminds me of the old quote, "now you know that no-one has a higher opinion of you than you do".

PhilD123

International Coach
Yeah, I read the article yesterday, generally getting more shocked as it went on. It was very scathing and it'll make it awkward should Boycott ever have to interview a player in the future. I guess at least with Harmison, he'll say what he thinks in an interview, instead of doing the whole media trained routine that is usually associated with sportsman today.

Users who are viewing this thread