Harmison hits out at Boycott

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is Harmison still trying to prove he is good enough for Test Cricket? Geez, England, can't you see when a player is past his use-by date? e.g Jason Gillespie.

Gillespie had one awful series which coincided with a slow decline as he aged - he did not suddenly become permanently useless in that series.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Is Harmison still trying to prove he is good enough for Test Cricket? Geez, England, can't you see when a player is past his use-by date? e.g Jason Gillespie.

Dizzy's last series: 200 and man of the series.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I think Boycott is just doing his job. He has his opinions and his job is to state them. Ok, he's a long time out of the game and things have advanced a fair bit but sport needs pundits especially ones who sometimes say ludicrous things as they raise the profile of the game (everyone loves a good argument). Sadly nobody would buy a newspaper in the UK that consisted entirely of good news, bad news and slagging down people sell papers.

I don't think Harmison should let it get to him, but I do wonder if he does deserve a central contract. I'm not saying drop him completely, but i think Boycott is right on this point (only this point). The only reason really to give him a central contract is even when Harmison is not performing he's still a much better bet than that utter muppet Jimmy Anderson. How that guy gets to play county cricket let alone International cricket is beyond me.

Last edited:

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
lol you need to listen to more HipHop!

where you at guys?

Lol you need to stop thinking your a ganster, your an idiot your not making money or anythig out of hiphop their making money out of idiots like yourself...spamming twat.

Colin your first post in this thread cracked me up. On another note I'm suprised Harmy struck back so hard. Just read like 3 lines of Kev's post, I agree that sport needs people like Geoff it adds a bit of excitement and media banter.

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Gillespie had one awful series which coincided with a slow decline as he aged - he did not suddenly become permanently useless in that series.
Harmison has had many poor series and is on the decline as well...

Dizzy's last series: 200 and man of the series.

Because of the bat he should be in the side as a pure bowler?

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Harmison has had many poor series and is on the decline as well...

I know, but to suggest thag Gillespie suddenly past his sell-by date in that Ashes series is inaccurate.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
He didn't pass it in the one series, he started the decline then, didn't do all that well in Domestic Cricket and never got better. He went on a slope, not off a cliff in terms of form.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
He went on a slope, not off a cliff in terms of form.

I think it was a cliff. Just looking at his economy rates, he hadn't gone for over 3 runs an over for 11 Test series before then and then went for 4.47 in that torrid series.

BTW, have you ever seen a very good bowler capitulate, in one series, like that?

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Who are you talking about, Gillespie?

Because now your just confusing me.

At the end of the day, Gillespie had one bad series, was sent to domestic Cricket and he never got better...so it was a decline of any sort. Like Harmison...he had a few bad series and now he is on the decline and it doesn't look like he is getting better.

AndyRAC

School Cricketer
‘Actions speak louder than words’ – Steve Harmless should remember that phrase. The best way to stick Sir Geoff’s words down his throat are to take lots of wickets at the start of the season, get back into the England team and carry on the summer taking wickets and making batsmen jump about.
Boycs is paid to give his opinion – on this occasion he is right – Harmison hasn’t bowled well for England for about 2 years – he’s still living off WIndies 2004. In fact he comes across as a whinger – moaning in the press. From what I’ve read, people say he’s a really nice bloke – unfortunately maybe too nice. Fast bowlers need to be nasty and snarling.

Users who are viewing this thread