Has anybody done a really long New Zealand Career?

Joelza1990

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I decided when i got the game i wanted a challenge, nothing as hard as Bangladesh or Zimbabwe though, so i thought why not New Zealand. I have struggled in test with a ranking of 9th and am 8th in ODI's. I am up to late 2011 at the moment on a Pakistan tour and was wondering if they are any star youngsters that came along in the future? because there isn't any promise coming through the ranks at the present time apart from a 23 year old called Arlott who bowled ok in Pakistan his first international tour.

I decided when i got the game i wanted a challenge, nothing as hard as Bangladesh or Zimbabwe though, so i thought why not New Zealand. I have struggled in test with a ranking of 9th and am 8th in ODI's. I am up to late 2011 at the moment on a Pakistan tour and was wondering if they are any star youngsters that came along in the future? because there isn't any promise coming through the ranks at the present time apart from a 23 year old called Arlott who bowled ok in Pakistan his first international tour.
The players who pop up every season are random. You just have to be lucky to get a good regen.

BTW, regens are nothing but the computer generated players who dont exist in real life.

I played a career for around 10 years before it became corrupted.

I found Hay and Robertson to be capable of playing at that level and basically kept the same team that is the current one with regens coming in as soon as they'd had a goodish spell such as New Zealands lack of depth.

I've played a few long New Zealand careers and they normally end up doing well...not normally first on the ratings though. Second a few times though. And Hay, Southee, Robertson and Ryder will basically be the staple of your lineup for the first decade.

I did a few years (Up till the 2015 WC) with Zimbabwe and NZ on ICC 05, they get crap regens. It's hard to make progress with both sides as the new players aren't all that good. Unlike Bangladesh whom become God-like, or India who have a seemingly endless supply of quality. England gets some great players too and inevitably end up number one if you play as a County side.

I've played a few long New Zealand careers and they normally end up doing well...not normally first on the ratings though. Second a few times though. And Hay, Southee, Robertson and Ryder will basically be the staple of your lineup for the first decade.

Really? Southee and Ryder? I'm in 2010 currently and they have both been shocking. Southee is averaging 40ish is both forms

In my first save file before the patch, Southee average 20 with the bat, with a test century, and 29 with the ball in tests I think. And his bowling in ODIs was better. Being only 19 at the beginning of the game, he has lots of room for improvement with technique training. And Ryder, while he isn't as good a batsman as he seems to be irl, he is a very good bowler for some strange reason.

After the patch, Southee becomes better with the ball, and Ryder becomes a worse bowler...with the patch I've found that Weston is really great and so is Hiini.

Greg Hay, Test match batting average of 70+ over 100 test matches.

Users who are viewing this thread