Hats off to this young boy

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Amazing talent and I think Martin Crowe may be in love.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
I guess one of the most talented players in the circuit these days. So many times I thought he will fail this time, but surprises me everytime. Even more noticeable since his teamates are just falling apart

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
A.B. the 19 year old just hit his 1st 100, against a better bowling attack..hats off to that too

angryangy

ICC Chairman
What will bode well for Umar Akmal this summer is that he has already toured Australia with Pak A, facing the likes of Tait, Bollinger, Geeves and McKay. They're definitely some bowlers good enough to test international batsmen; not that Shane Bond darting the ball around at 150 kph is worth as much dismissal as it is getting here. Akmal's scores on that A tour are what propelled him into the ODI side in Sri Lanka in the first place. I don't see much wrong with him; although he plays a lot of shots, he's pretty conventional about it. I don't think he'll be a batsman who always goes after the bowlers in Tests, but he isn't timid and will certainly try to dominate as much as possible.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
He is a talented boy but if he wants to success then he should do this

Play less shots
keep the bowl on the ground not in the air
Dont come forward before the ball is released he comes down the pitch so early that a bowler can judge him very well

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
He may have played a lot of shots but they were all very controlled. They were far from rash shots.

nikhil_99

International Coach
He is definately looking a good promising batsman for Pak, lets see...

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Its not like he was slogging every ball, his strike rate in the 2nd innings was 43 so he showed hes capable of playing cautious. He also faced over 300 balls without getting out, pretty good effort on debut.

P

pcfan123

If he had not played that 2nd innings I wouldve chalked the 1st one up to luck. He scored 90% of his 100 runs from flashy boundries, but as Sly said, the 2nd innings was class and proves he has the ability to play a proper Test innings.

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
He has talent for sure, but lets not compare him with anybody right now....lets wait and watch....

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
He's yet to score runs on a difficult track yet, and against a quality attack. I'm sure he'll go far, but I suppose he mustn't be rushed.

Great to see the Pakistani selectors going with him though!

braguvaran

Club Cricketer
Maybe he is the batsman pakistani's were searching to dominate the subcontinent teams.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
It's still early days though. And he's certainly a very exciting player, one my favourites at the moment. I certainly cannot wait to see how he does against Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread