Hb Studios Progress??

VeerVortex

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi guys.

I just want to know from you guys what you think of the developements of the game of ea cricket developed by HB Studios.I find that as a developement team they seem to be leaving a lot of bugs behind in what they claim to be a finished product.What are your views on this developement company.Do you think they are doing a good job, or could another developement entity do even better?

It is after all or so i belive, there third attempt at this title.

Thanks

1. No game is bug free
2. Without HB/EA, there wouldnt have been any cricket sim for a good part of six years, since Codies last released BLC in 1999.
3. Cricket 2005 is a decent game

The only problem with EA/HB is that they dont release any patches/updates (dint do it for Cricket 2004), which if they do will definately make Cricket 2005 a much better game.

m_vaughan said:
1. No game is bug free
2. Without HB/EA, there wouldnt have been any cricket sim for a good part of six years, since Codies last released BLC in 1999.

The only problem with EA/HB is that they dont release any patches/updates (dint do it for Cricket 2004), which if they do will definately make Cricket 2005 a much better game.

Second that!!!

Steve S.

Yeah i agree too.I wonder why they dont do that though??

I think most gaming studios release patches when there are problems?

m_vaughan said:

However the question was what do we think of development of HB's cricket games, not should we be grateful that they have been making cricket games the last 6 years.

And to answer the question (apologies for those who have known me ages and have seen me say this a million times before)

Bowling configs - been essentially the same since HB made BLC 99
Stroke configs - been essentially the same since HB made BLC 99
Cpu pacing files - been essentially the same since HB made BLC 99
Default fields - been essentially the same since HB made BLC 99

On the above points, little if no progress has been made in 6 years. Not good enough in my opinion

Graphics - improved each version?
Front and back foot options- good innovation back in 2002

Animations - essentially the batting animations have not altered much (enough) since 2002
Bowling animations are different it appears but I do not particularly like them

Plenty more to write about this but cannot be bothered at the moment

Yeah, patches for EA Games such as Maxis' Sim City 4 have been made available to the public. I don't see why HB Studio should do any different.
And I agree, Cricket 2005 is a decent game.

zimrahil said:
However the question was what do we think of development of HB's cricket games, not should we be grateful that they have been making cricket games the last 6 years.

And to answer the question (apologies for those who have known me ages and have seen me say this a million times before)

Bowling configs - been essentially the same since HB made BLC 99
Stroke configs - been essentially the same since HB made BLC 99
Cpu pacing files - been essentially the same since HB made BLC 99
Default fields - been essentially the same since HB made BLC 99

On the above points, little if no progress has been made in 6 years. Not good enough in my opinion

Graphics - improved each version?
Front and back foot options- good innovation back in 2002

Animations - essentially the batting animations have not altered much (enough) since 2002
Bowling animations are different it appears but I do not particularly like them

Plenty more to write about this but cannot be bothered at the moment

Yeah good points there...and we've had some of the same bugs over the last 6 years too...

Will certainly be interesting what BLIC comes up with...if it's relatively bug free I think HB will struggle as I think the cricket game community has had enough....although I have to say that C2005 is a vast improvement bug wise, just a simple patching of one or two areas will improve it still further ready for the next installment....if it happens.

Steve S.

m_vaughan said:
1. No game is bug free

i dont think they will go for a patch when they are working thier A*s out for c2k6 to be out so i think it all up to the mods now

EA dont release patches for games like Cricket because it is not as big as there other franchise games like the Fifa's or Madden's or NFL games, im sure that has been said before but it is simply stating the facts.

You would think that HB would release a patch though, shame they have not yet done so and one would think with them being a relatively unknown company (to me anyway) they would strive to make the games they have out better by releasing such patches.

Briggsey said:
EA dont release patches for games like Cricket because it is not as big as there other franchise games like the Fifa's or Madden's or NFL games, im sure that has been said before but it is simply stating the facts.

Point taken. However, its possible that if they took their cricket game seriously enough their following would be as big as FIFA, Madden etc. I think we all know how big the potential market for Cricket Games is. I guess It's a self-fulfilling prophecy on EA's part.

Back to topic:

The AI of the CPU opponents in 2k2, 2k4 and 2k5 are almost identical. The fact that they are using still using pacing files is pathetic. We should be rid of those by now. Having played 2005 I think they have made a few good strides with the fielding, and strokeplay. I just feel as though they're putting band aids over a bullet wound with every new release. For ONCE they need to code a game from scratch!

The stroke configs and player animations in Cricket 2005 has been improved. Though the fielding, and bowling configs are pretty much the same.

m_vaughan said:
but its not that they gave us the game freely ,we still paid for it

kmk1284 said:
but its not that they gave us the game freely ,we still paid for it

so you are expecting BLIC to be free or what?
obviuosly you'll have to pay for it :mad

m_vaughan said:
1. No game is bug free

I whole heartedly agree with you
we would have been deprived of cricketing action.
Those who feel that Ea has not made any developements, how would you explain the transition from WC1999 to cricket 2002?
EA has not changed commentry though,but the game features have improved vastly....theres more shot selection too.
You see guys, Ea's not that bad.

Those who feel that Ea has not made any developements, how would you explain the transition from WC1999 to cricket 2002?
You see guys, Ea's not that bad.

WC1999 & Cricket 2000 were not done by HB Studios....at the time these two were in development the producer of HB studios was working with codemasters on the first BLC and previous to that with Audiogenic with the Graham Gooch series and Brian Lara/Shane Warne '96....

Steve S.

Users who are viewing this thread