Help for beginners of the ICC series

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
ZoraxDoom said:
Ok, a few tips.
A) Batting wise - let your batters settle in. In FC games, I usually start all players with two bars, then:
- If they are defensive, leave them there untill they are full in confidence before increasing aggression to normal
- If they are normal, wait 3-4 bars till increasing them to normal and the sticking them that way
- If they are aggressive, normal in 4 bars, aggressive (4 bars of agression) in 5.
- If they are very aggressive, then I increase as above, and to one bar from full (Note, full aggression never works) when they have 4-5 blocks of confidence, depending on how good they are. If they are really good, or if it is in a OD game, I set very aggressive types to one bar from full straight away.
And be patient. 400 in FC and 210-230 in OD are very defendable. Infact, with a 200+ score in an ODI game (Even if it is 201 with Bangla, although you might need 220-230 with Zimbabwe) is very defendable. Not so much in OD level, there 210-230 is required. I usually score up to 245-250 there, although I have been able to defend scores as low as 170.
B) Pitch type and weather is very important. Always check on those.
C) Bowling wise, bowl against a batsman's preferences. But, try to keep lengths and lines seperate from each end. Preferences only have back foot or front foot, nothing in middle. You have 3 lenghts to bowl to - Back foot, middle, front foot. So when ecountered with these, keep the line against preference, and one length short/full depending on preference and one length middle. If the line of preference is not specified, then keep one outside off and on on legstump. If the length in not mentioned, keep one short and one full. If neither are mentioned, bouncers and half volleys outside offstump.
D) Custom fields are useless. Also, always have a slip in place, that is, the 2nd most defensive field as maximum. Personally, I always use the second most aggressive fields throughout a FC match, sometimes even using the most aggressive ones if there is like 15 minutes left or I need 5 wickets in a sessions to win and stuff.
E) When bowling in FC cricket, you can try leaving the bowlers aggression bar on full. It's useful, works for me. In OD, I leave it at three.
F) Keep playing the game. The more you play, the better you become.
Full aggression works with confidence.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I need help with my OD's, I keep playing International with Australia and I have to face Bangladesh and I keep getting a score between 230-260 and then I get about 2 or 3 wickets in the 1st 20-25 overs with the score on about 120 and then they just run away with it and I quite it before it saves because Bangladesh beating us again would be unrealistic, I wouldn't mind it if it was someone like Pakistan, England, etc but any tips?

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Yeh, I'm having similar problems. I seem to lose control of a match after a while no matter what team. Is this common?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
It is somewhat common, but there are ways to prevent it.
1) A good spinner. He should bowl in the middle overs, all his overs straight. Afridi does this role for me. I introduce him to bowl the 29th over, and he bowls straight through, his last over being the 45th. (In ODIs, start them on the 30th over straight to 50). Afridi often takes crucial wickets, and is able to remove set batsmen. Also keeps runs down, and finishes off the tail magnificently.
2) Shuffle your bowling. And ideal team would have a bowling attack of:
A great spinner (Boom Boom for me)
Economical seamer (Jerome Taylor)
Wicketaking seamer (Karl Dean)
Good third seamer (Malcolm Harrison, used to be Moss)
Decent fifth bowler (Moss, Paget, North)
What you should do is, re-introduce your seamers alongside your key spinner. I bring back Dean and Taylor with Afridi, and have Harrison bowl in the death. After finishing 5 overs with each seamer, I bring on partimers from both ends and try to finish their overs ASAP. Best to do it with new bats in, as they may get a wicket, and the new batters take time to settle, so less runs given.
If you marshall your resources carefully, you should be able to keep the game in your control.

And Bangla are fantastic in this game, mainly due to their spin attack and several good batsmen. No shame in losing to them, several teams did it while I was managing them :D

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Might try that :D It's shame Hampshire's bowling line-up is appauling. But I guess it's just a balanced line-up.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Yeah they've got the two Islam's, Basher, Nafees, even Omar and Saleh is an aggressive batsman? lol.

I'll try you're tactics now. I finally got one over them.

My bowling attack is.

McGrath
Lee
Bracken
Watson
Hogg
Symonds
M. Clarke

Users who are viewing this thread