Help for beginners of the ICC series

metallics2006

International Coach
Hey guys i just bought the icc game(version 2005 ashes) and my losing streak has stretched for about 20 games!!!!!!I dont know anything about the game.Give me tips for batting,bowling for all types of matches.And also about how to get superb players at the end of the season.I play in the easy difficulty...

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok, a few tips.
A) Batting wise - let your batters settle in. In FC games, I usually start all players with two bars, then:
- If they are defensive, leave them there untill they are full in confidence before increasing aggression to normal
- If they are normal, wait 3-4 bars till increasing them to normal and the sticking them that way
- If they are aggressive, normal in 4 bars, aggressive (4 bars of agression) in 5.
- If they are very aggressive, then I increase as above, and to one bar from full (Note, full aggression never works) when they have 4-5 blocks of confidence, depending on how good they are. If they are really good, or if it is in a OD game, I set very aggressive types to one bar from full straight away.
And be patient. 400 in FC and 210-230 in OD are very defendable. Infact, with a 200+ score in an ODI game (Even if it is 201 with Bangla, although you might need 220-230 with Zimbabwe) is very defendable. Not so much in OD level, there 210-230 is required. I usually score up to 245-250 there, although I have been able to defend scores as low as 170.
B) Pitch type and weather is very important. Always check on those.
C) Bowling wise, bowl against a batsman's preferences. But, try to keep lengths and lines seperate from each end. Preferences only have back foot or front foot, nothing in middle. You have 3 lenghts to bowl to - Back foot, middle, front foot. So when ecountered with these, keep the line against preference, and one length short/full depending on preference and one length middle. If the line of preference is not specified, then keep one outside off and on on legstump. If the length in not mentioned, keep one short and one full. If neither are mentioned, bouncers and half volleys outside offstump.
D) Custom fields are useless. Also, always have a slip in place, that is, the 2nd most defensive field as maximum. Personally, I always use the second most aggressive fields throughout a FC match, sometimes even using the most aggressive ones if there is like 15 minutes left or I need 5 wickets in a sessions to win and stuff.
E) When bowling in FC cricket, you can try leaving the bowlers aggression bar on full. It's useful, works for me. In OD, I leave it at three.
F) Keep playing the game. The more you play, the better you become.

metallics2006

International Coach
Thanx ZoraxDoom....drew a game right away after reading these tips...you ve taken your time to explain most of the things...great...tell me one more thing...how do you use the weather conditions to your advantage???how do you identify youth players who grow up to be legends???

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Read these forums more, all these are given.
Overcast conditions are best for medium pacers, sunny for batsmen. And use second team averages as indications. Batting averages above 45 and bowling averages under 25 are good indicators. Economy rates under 3 means they'll be good in OD games. Also, they tend to improve faster when younger with the technique coaching sessions.

metallics2006

International Coach
can any of you please post a saved game file with atleast 50 years of gameplay???I want to turn unknown players into legends ....my game version is ICC 2005 Ashes Edition....n one more thing for ZoraxDoom...thanks mate i ve started winning a fair number of games thanx to your tips...

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
No problem :)
Try taking a county team which you are unfamiliar with, and just skip games for a season. Then, terminate the contract of every player, sign every youth possible, and leave it. The computer will fill your squad with youths, and then you can take charge from there. All new, random, players.

metallics2006

International Coach
Will the youth players win games for me immediately?or should i give them some time to grow?one more thing...are the skip match results randomly generated?sorry if there is another thread dealing with these questions...

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Some youths may be good, others not so much. Give coaching sessions (Technique) to the youngest ones to improve them. Might take a while, but if they are good enough, then you could win immediately.
And skipped matches aren't exactly random, more like the CPU AI playing against itself and seeing what happens.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
i find all you need is a big knock on debut to set a benchmark for their careers. this player i scored 257* on debut with
untitlednb1.jpg

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Or, he could have just been a good bat...
Although, TBH, I find a big score tends to help players improve somewhat with the bat. They look like they become better if they remain not-out or score a big score.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Its a lot harder to get International players with higher than 60 averages. Rarely happens. 50-55 is great for Tests and 35-45 is great for ODI's

Users who are viewing this thread