help, i suck at bowling

vitor

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i just got the game the other day. I am playing on easy to get the hang of the game, the batting is pretty easy to get a hold of but i cant bowl for my life. On one days the computer scores an average of 20 runs per over on me. Just right now i played a 10 over game on easy and scored 86 runs. the computer scored that in the 9th over. I tried using Sams new exe. it adds fun to bowling with the improved seams and swings but i still give away too many 4s or sixes. Any help would be appreciated. thanks a bunch. :crying

Your next place to go - Practice nets.

For getting a hang of the game, practice nets is the best place. You get to position the cursor better, you get to see how the batsman play becoz the same animations are used for the batsman in both practice nets and the real match.. So go there

keep bowling in the nets and also when playing a game put the cursor to the top right or to the top left then bowl it until the line try to stop a little back and also bowl all over the place and bowl in line and also use w-slower ball - a i think thats out/in swinger d- out/in swinger s- pace ball use those and bowl at different line and lenght

thanks, i always go to practice nets, even there i get hammered, lol. I bowl the perfect line and length, no matter what i do, the computer always seems to hit it hard. and this is on easy. i guess I'm pathetic. thanks anyway.

don't worry friend, we all faced the same thing when we were newbies. Practice a bit more, you should be fine. Have patience, thats the key to anything and everything.

For bowling, start with a medium bowler or a fast one, try bowling on the wickets. Vary the line, use the cursor on the ball and move it here/there. you will get hold on to it. For spinners, try various things. slower ball, etc.
One thing that might help you is watching a cpu vs cpu match. Make sure this options in on and just check out how the cpu is bowling.

For batting, its the same. try and practice.

good luck!

thanks for all your suggestions. but wow, i am just stunned. i just tried playing a 50 over match with pakistan(me) against namibia. seems an easy match huh, lol, they scored 90 runs in the first ten overs. If i bowled too full, they would lob over everyones head for a 4 or a six, if i bowled short, it would be a hook. If i bowled just slightly outside of offstump, they would cut it ruthlessly. on the leg side, they would hit it hard over there. plus not only that, my wicketkeeper is officially the worst wicket keeper ever. he missed about 75839047 easy edge catches. (atleast im making the computer edge, heh). Now after ten overs, im sick and bring in the spinner. Better than my pacers, he bowled a maiden over. the next over, i make the computer pop the ball really really high, inside the 15 yd line, and guess what??? my player dropped it(apparently it was shoaib akhtar who was playing infield who dropped the ball) i get really frustrated. next over by the spinner he pops up again, and guess what the result was??? he dropped again.
I mean its come to the point that i know which ball they're gonna hit for a boundary even before the ball comes out of my hands. sorry, its a long read. but i just had to share it with you guys. :)(

Just bowl a good line and length at good pace and youll be fine, add in the odd bouncer, yorker and slower ball. The problem my not be with your bowling but with the field placements, the computers auto ones suck, so have a fiddle round with them if theyre scoring in a few areas.

I have a problem with patience when batting, can't help but always go for it, I end up getting nice scores but I can;t bat a whole 50 overs or a whole day in a test.

Last edited:
thanks, i saw an improvement in my bowling, i scored 206 against south africa in 50 overs. (well, i used 33 overs only, but got all out, heh). When it was my turn to bowl, i constantly kept the ball on the perfect line and length and only let the comp get 21 runs off ten overs. the next over 2 overs with with shoaib akhtar i got 4 wickets (hurray). The the comp started playing really defensively and in 40 overs, their total was a mere 96/5. I got in my spinners to finish the job and got the computer all out for 125. :) I'm so happy, all the practice finally paid off. Thanks a bunch to everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread