Help Please

aryan_6668

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi everyone
juss gotta ask a question
i have high-speed internet connection and in my network places i have two internet icons.
my total internet speed is 500 mbps and as i said i have two internet icons there one has 100 mbps and other has 500 mbps. one icon's name is local area connection and other says a number and connection. when i go to the status one shows sent and receive packets and the other doesn't show any sent and receive packets in activity area.
how can i find my total internet speed? i have two icons one has 100 mbps and other has 500mbps now whats my real speed? is it 500 mbps or 100mbps?
thanks

Briggsey

International Coach
To my knowledge, whichever one is sending and receiving the packets will be your connection

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
local area connection will be a network card

aryan_6668

Club Cricketer
Briggsey said:
To my knowledge, whichever one is sending and receiving the packets will be your connection
if thats the case then my internet speed is 100mbps cuz the one which is sending and receiving packets is 100 mbps.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
what type of modem do you have? is it an ethernet modem or usb?

aryan_6668

Club Cricketer
its ethernet.
i have cable connection motorolla modem and from modem an ethernet cable goes to my pc. on package it says my total internet speed is 500mbps.
somewhere i read 1394 is a firewire if u setup a firewire connection the speed increases to 400 mbps. anyone know how to setup firewire connection?

i have this kinda modem and ethernet cable.
i don't need to install anything to run interent. i just plug it and it connects as the provider said.

Attachments

• BT_200_MODEM_TH[1].jpg
    BT_200_MODEM_TH[1].jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 25
  • ethernet_cable[1].jpg
    ethernet_cable[1].jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Prakash

Executive member
The think that 100mbps denotes the speed at which your computer is connected to your modem and it might not be your real internet speed. Use this website to find out your internet connection speed www.dslreports.com/stest

aryan_6668

Club Cricketer
thanks man i check my total speed with a internet speedometer and found out its 500 mbps.
thanks

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
yes chances are you have a 100 base T network card (100mbps) its unlikely you have a gigabit network, from your pic it looks like you have a modem/router. You can tell the speed usually in the admin for the router, you do this through internet explorer. Your modem/router will have an ip address (probably 192.168.0.1) enter this into your address bar in ie, then enter your username and password for the router (guessing administrator and password) you should then find yourself in the modem settings. Somewhere in here you will find the connection speed.

PS if your username and password are administrator and password, its a good idea to change the password, but make sure its something you will never forget.

Users who are viewing this thread