Help with my USB Pendisk

Madsalty

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have just discovered that my usb pendisk doesn't work. I will explain:

When inserted into a usb drive (i've tried several) my usb disk powers up and the led comes on showing this but thats it, it doesn't load.

Can anyone help?

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
You could try going to Device Manager and doing scan for hardware changes

Not much will happen when you insert a usb storage device, you might see something popup about found new hardware/usb mass storage device but thats about it, it should just appear as the next available drive letter.

Last edited:

Madsalty

Club Cricketer
Thanks but its 'knackered', i've tried several different recommendations and apart from sending it off to an expert recovery lab, i aint going to get my work back (i am lucky though all my work has already been handed in and marked)

Thanks all the same

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Have you tried it on a different USB port? Maybe the first time you put the USB into your comp Windows didn't detect it properlly hence it won't work unless you tell Windows what it is.

voldemort

International Coach
You would have got the answer had you read the instructions that you get with your pen drive

When removing the pen drive make sure that you first safely remove the hardware using the icon in the taskbar. You have to stop all processes related to it till the LED stops glowing. Then it is safe to remove. Failing to do so will lead to damage of the pen drive and the data in it

I am not joking, this is what it says in the instructions

:rolleyes: These are meant to be read you know

Madsalty

Club Cricketer
i do safely remove hardware, i think three years of battering in my back pocket seemed to be the main problem and a couple of spin cycles in the washing machine may have been the final straw, anyway i haven't lost that much work as i backed it up recently

Users who are viewing this thread