Hindi Music Thread

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I went and had a listen at the album after your post. I am afraid I found it very average :(

And this is coming from a massive SEL fan. Bharat was the standout song and the peak of the album for me. Maybe the rest of the songs will fit in well with the narrative, but I couldn't go back to them for a repeat listen just for the melody or music

I think Raazi was a much more solid album from SEL despite having only 4 tracks

Hmm... I guess different perceptions and taste. Apart from Bharat, I loved Vijayi Bhava. It had a lovely melody to it, with shades of Raag Darbari. I also liked Rajaji, Tak Taki too. Dankila was just OK and "Bolo Kab Pratikar Karoge" was above OK (I thought Sukhi sang it really well).

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
When the words 'Vijaya Bhava' comes in the song, I got goosebumps. Totally loved the song

True. I feel its the Shankar Mahadevan effect. He is brilliant in both the tracks that he has sung in this album. Bharat and Vijayi Bhava are just so lovely. He takes the cream of the tracks and nails it.

On other topic - I didn't enjoy "Mere Gully Mein", the new track from Gully Boy that released today. The original version was far better than this. Also after "Apna Time Aayega" that came out earlier was super cool and way better too.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
True. I feel its the Shankar Mahadevan effect. He is brilliant in both the tracks that he has sung in this album. Bharat and Vijayi Bhava are just so lovely. He takes the cream of the tracks and nails it.
Yeah. Shankar Mahadevan is one of my favourite singers. I love his voice. But nowadays his songs have reduced. This album was very pleasing to my ears.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Apna time aayega and asli hip hop were amazing. Meri gully mein wasn't as good for sure.

The trailer and the three tracks have definitely gotten me interested in the movie though. Looks like another killer performance from ranveer[DOUBLEPOST=1548181296][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah. Shankar Mahadevan is one of my favourite singers. I love his voice. But nowadays his songs have reduced. This album was very pleasing to my ears.

I think shankar mahadevan is the most underrated singer in Bollywood. His voice is so smooth and melodious, and he has amazing control on classical as well as non classical music.

I think he is a legend in his own right. Only problem was he broke onto the scene at the same time as Sonu, Shkhwinder, Shaan.. And they got preference because they had voices more suited for playback singing.. Plus shankar had music composing to take care of as well. Superb talent overall

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Gully Boy full album is out!! Absolute DOPE!!! Some real serious DOPE!!!

Love Loved 'Azadi' and 'Doori' the most!! But almost all tracks are brilliant!! Every track has passion written all over it. This album is one of the best in Bollywood in recent times.

Note: Wonder why they pushed 'Apna Time Aayega' to the middle of an 18-track album!!! It's a massively KILLER track!!

I think shankar mahadevan is the most underrated singer in Bollywood. His voice is so smooth and melodious, and he has amazing control on classical as well as non classical music.

I think he is a legend in his own right. Only problem was he broke onto the scene at the same time as Sonu, Shkhwinder, Shaan.. And they got preference because they had voices more suited for playback singing.. Plus shankar had music composing to take care of as well. Superb talent overall

+100. I think Shankar has not gotten the same due that an Kumar Sanu or Udit or Sonu or Sukhwinder have got in Bollywood. But still, he is a superstar singer who can hold up an entire concert on his own singing. Especially his singing in devotional songs will literally charge you up with extreme positive energy. My favorites are his Ganpati songs like "Ekadantaya Vakratundaya" and "Sur Niragas Ho".

Last edited:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Wow. There are 18 tracks?? Thats crazy

Looking forward to listening to it

B

Bigby Wolf

It was after Gully Boy trailer I researched about the desi hip hop guys - Divine,Naezy,Emiway,MC Stan. Have to say Naezy and Divine are really good some hard hitting reality in theie songs and that Kaam 25 by Divine is the best Hindi Hip hop song I have listened even the likes of Emiway Bantai and MC Stan are doing really good and the movie Gully Boy will give these guys even morr mainstream popularity.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I heard the album (Gully Boy) on a 3x repeat marathon yesterday, while in gym and coming back. Just stunning! Unfortunately, I could not purchase the album on iTunes as it costs a staggering $22 (in USA iTunes). I am listening to it on Saavn Pro and man, this is among the best music that Bollywood has come out with in recent times.

By the way, anyone heard 'Wako Naam Fakir' (Fakir of Venice) by AR Rahman? Stars Farhan Akthar, Annu Kapoor.

As with all of Rahman's recent works, did not like it at all on first hearing but after 3rd hearing, can't get it out of my head. And good to see ARR working in a Farhan Akthar movie. I've always wanted him to work on a Farhan directed film, as the Akthar's (Farhan and Zoya) have some really good taste in music and ARR could really blossom there. I hope ARR composes for a Farhan directorial someday.

Last edited:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Anyone else absolutely SICK of the remix/recreation trend. Its like the creativity has gone down the drain. Very few albums are even trying to stay original. Which is why I have even more respect for albums like Gully Boy and Manmarziyaan. Manikarnika is also a good one in recent times which doesnt conform to the "template"

What other original movie albums have you liked in last couple of years? Raazi was quite good and I loved Jab Harry Met Sejal's complete album

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
What other original movie albums have you liked in last couple of years? Raazi was quite good and I loved Jab Harry Met Sejal's complete album

I am a huge fan of AR Rahman's Rockstar ! :)

More :

Main Hoon Na
Kal Ho Na Ho
Om Shanti Om
Sanam Re
Mere Brother Ki Dulhan
Ladies vs Ricky Bahl
Band Baaja Baaraat
Ek Tha Tiger
Khiladi 786

+ many more .........

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Bollywood music has completely lost the charm of the "composers". Those days, people used to wait for albums if it had certain composers working for it. E.g. RD Burman, SD Burman, Nadeem-Shravan, Lakshmikant-Pyarelal, Anu Malik, Jatin-Lalit, AR Rahman, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy. Now its so hard to find who is composing for what film. Also another big thing is, these days composers are not given enough exposure on the film's publicity material. Many a times, I have seen first look posters of films releasing without the music composer's name. No credit is given to them unless they are huge shots like AR Rahman (when Rahman is involved, they publicize film on his name).

Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy did well in Manikarnika but they dont seem to be working as often. Pritam had a small purple patch in the middle but he again seems to be gone in the wilderness. Bollywood needs to treat its music and its composers better. I dont subscribe to the idea of "one film having umpteen composers". A combo (two people combining and working together) is fine. But you cant have one composer delivering one song and then the other delivering one and then combining it into a single album. I hate that trend (of compilations). Has a big disconnect and doesnt make it feel like 'one album'.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Back on this thread after a long time. I came to post this gem which I found yesterday and have listened to it about 150 times already if not more. As @abhi_jacko mentioned above, absolutely tired of remix shithole and it's good to finally find something which just feels nice.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Two amazing songs and what a movie this is going to be. (Ya ya.. its a remake of Arjun Reddy, got it)

Users who are viewing this thread