How about A Two Tier Test System

The only current projects of this type are Ireland and Scotland being involved in the C&G Trophy in England, and a combined East-Asia Pacific team playing in the lower levels of Australian cricket.
and also zimbabwe playing in indian domestic season

avk2love said:
and also zimbabwe playing in indian domestic season
I was talking about non-test teams, but that is another example. India are replacing the national A-teams with the champions of South Africa's main first class tournament though.

I think we need a way of allowing some of the lesser nations a chance against the test sides. But if Holland , Denmark , Bermuda , USA, Ireland , Scotland , Namibia , Kenya , Canada were able to play recognised 5 day cricket against eachother it would give them the chance to eventually develop into a test side in the future.

Bangladesh would be too good for that lot and should continue as they are (When do they next play the West Indies. If they're going to beat a test side at the moment it will be the Windies). Kenya's run in the last world cup (it was Kenya wasn't it) shows that they have some pretty decent players.

We have to give the new boys a chance. And playing recognised cricket would give them a chance to shine.

I think some of the stronger non-Test nations such as Scotland, Ireland, the Netherlands, Namibia and Kenya should be touring Test nations and playing against their First Class sides. They could go over before the start of a season and give those sides some warm up games. Especially in a longer form of the game like 3 or 4 day games.

Users who are viewing this thread