ICC chief suggests four-day test matches

I will not surprised if Test cricket will take place of ODI's.

Just imagine, now 4 days tests, then 1 innings tests and then limited over test matches.

I quite like sohum's ideas. Penalise boards producing 35% or more draws in non-rain affected games. I would have it at 25% instead. 75% of the games should end up in results thereby leading to more interest among the viewers.

I wish we have a test world cup where teams play each other home and away, and then meet for a final. Away wins should count for more than home wins. The teams should accrue points over the whole world cup, and once the next world cup starts, all the teams start on a fresh slate as far as points are concerned. We dont need bilateral tours at all. Just have a huge test World cup and have all test cricket within it.

I think they shouldget rid of Test Cricket because its just boring
and its about of 50% of chance that the match will end up as a draw

I can see how you think that(flat pitches where you live etc). Anyway I thought 5 day test matches was the ultimate test for the batsman to see who's better out of a long period of time. If you start to shorten it's the team that can bat faster wins.

:noway

Test Cricket shows us who truly is the best and who has the best temperament.

We dont need bilateral tours at all. Just have a huge test World cup and have all test cricket within it.
Don't agree with this at all. Bilateral series' are the lifeblood of Test cricket. Not only are you playing the most difficult level of the game, you're playing against an opposition that can discover all your weaknesses over the course of the series, making it even tougher. It is kind of like the playoffs in American sports--you can't take preparation lightly for a playoff series because both teams' scouts will have pinpointed every little problem.

Are you serious? test cricket is the best form of cricket implented. Like Leggie said, it proves who is the best in the game.

why don't we use a ball with more pronounced seam. Such a ball would seam even on dead tracks and assist spinners too. So that would even out the contest between bat and ball.

Users who are viewing this thread