How are you doing in Cricket Coach (any version?)

blake

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I realise we had a thread like this for the v3.07 update, but we don't really have a generic thread just for Cricket Coach gameplay in general so I thought I would create one. This will hopefully run similarly to the ICC thread, where you can post scores from your saved games from any version.

I've started a campaign with Australia. Our first series was five ODIs against Pakistan and we've performed strongly, winning all of them.

David Hussey has been the surprise for Australia, I called him into the squad and he's performed well on some tough pitches, with 153 runs @ 38.25 from four matches. Brett Lee was the star bowler, he used the Pakistani pitches to his advantage to take 16 wickets @ 12.12 from the series - the Pakistanis couldn't handle him! Generally though, batting was tough, and we only passed 250 once in five innings whilst Pakistan made scores of 206 all out, 191 all out, 205 all out, 145 all out and 221 all out - they really struggled.

D

Dutch

Mmm. reading your post reminds me that I need to fire it up again! I have been playing ICC a lot since buying Cricket Captain a couple of weeks ago and haven't really got round to getting to know it. I shall do and post my progress. I like the fact that I can take a team like the Netherlands or whomever and see if I can develop them further. Plus the domestic seasons of many countries is great.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Hmm, I haven't played it in a while either. Sorta got bored of it but I feel like getting back into it. I'll fire it up later tonight.

blake

School Cricketer
Won the Twenty20 World Cup after beating Sri Lanka in the final, they looked set to make 200 before Watson came on and crippled them with 3/5, backed up by Johnson with 3/29. We chased down the total with ease, as Phil Hughes hit yet another 50 - he averaged 41.25 for the tournament, and hit four 50s, a superb effort.

Mercules

Club Cricketer
Started with Derbyshire, signed a load of players with which I won almost everything in 2 years (over 90% win percentage in all formats) before going to Zimbabwe where I've drawn almost all Test matches (had an annoying amount of rain) and lost every ODI series but oddly, still won the World Cup.

Currently bottom of the test rankings though and Namibia have won the last two Intercontinental Cups so I might be dropping down though. (Bangladesh have already been replaced by Ireland).

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Want to buy CC09 but I have to do it online which I can't really do since my parents won't buy anything over the internet.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Want to buy CC09 but I have to do it online which I can't really do since my parents won't buy anything over the internet.

There are other ways, you'd need to go onto the CC website and contact Oli. Most will be online but there are various routes.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Mostly just been meddling with players abilities on the online editor, had a bit of a war with someone over David Warner's bowling ability, but it seems we agree that he is a crap batsman, maybe I should take him down another peg or two and see if anyone objects.

Warner=crap. All he has is a cow shot, he is just an average run of the mill club slogger.

D

Dutch

Am enjoying taking The Netherlands (:D) through the first season under my captaincy. Beat Scotland, Afghanistan and kenya but am struggling at the mo against Ireland! Great game by the way, really enjoyable!:)

blake

School Cricketer
Yes, you always have to watch out for Ireland.

When I got Gibraltar promoted to the test arena, Zimbabwe dropped down - however, then Ireland won the Intercontinental Cup three years in a row and I went back to the Intercontinental Cup level and had to play against Zimbabwe! They are much better than they look, they had a great team and flogged everyone..

It's tough getting to the test championship, but even tougher staying there.. good luck, anyway Dutch. It took me about 11 years I think to get Gibraltar there, from WCL Div 6.

D

Dutch

Yes, you always have to watch out for Ireland.

When I got Gibraltar promoted to the test arena, Zimbabwe dropped down - however, then Ireland won the Intercontinental Cup three years in a row and I went back to the Intercontinental Cup level and had to play against Zimbabwe! They are much better than they look, they had a great team and flogged everyone..

It's tough getting to the test championship, but even tougher staying there.. good luck, anyway Dutch. It took me about 11 years I think to get Gibraltar there, from WCL Div 6.

We will see how far I get! I am really enjoying the depth of this game compared to "the other one" which I have also bought and enjoyed but this game has an extra depth and dimension to it. By the way can you tell me how to edit the field on the fly as it were or do I ahve to do it via the bowling plan which is a bit of a long way round. What I did find good for ICC is the ability to change the field at will. Maybe I am overlooking something!?:):sarcasm

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Just started playing again with the latest patch, and just started an IPL campaign with all the squads cleared. I started as Bangalore and have put together an epic squad of players, it's so good that it's a tad unrealistic. My strongest XI is:

Sachin Tendulkar
Virender Sehwag
Gautam Gambhir
Kevin Pietersen *
Rohit Sharma
Dinesh Karthik + (missed out on Dhoni, he went for stupid money)
Andrew Flintoff
Brett Lee
Zaheer Khan
Pragyan Ojha
Ajantha Mendis

What a side that is. Then in reserve if needed I've got Michael Hussey, Matthew Hayden, Suresh Raina, Chris Gayle, Submarine (:p) Badrinath, Ravindra Jadeja, Ishant Sharma, Naman Ojha, Munaf Patel, Ravi Bopara, Ashish Nehra, Manoj Tiwary, Irfan Pathan, Robin Uthappa and then a couple of unknown lads. Think I might stand a pretty good chance of winning this tournament you know.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I'm playing CC07 with Tasmania. I'm into my third season with them. I came runners up in the Sheffield Shield in my first season after coming first in the normal tournament and won the tournament the next season. I came last in the State Cup though in my first season and mid table in my second. Tim Paine has been excellent, scoring 1000 runs in 9 matches last season, including 350 odd and 270 odd in 2 matches. Averaging 40 or so in List A as well. Birt was excellent but then he got a CA Contract so he didn't play any matches for me last season. I signed heaps of international players even if many of them can't play.

Tim Paine
Brad Haddin
Matthew Wade
Andrew McDonald (CA)
Ricky Ponting (CA)
Michael Clarke (CA)
Dave Hussey (CA)
Simon Katich (CA)
Shaun Marsh
Graeme Swann (Overseas Player)
George Bailey (C)
Michael Di Venuto
Daniel Mears (Unedited name. It could be Marsh)
Travis Birt (CA)
Doug Bollinger (CA)
Ben Hilfenhaus
Xavier Doherty
Brett Geeves
Brendan Drew
Luke Butterworth (In one game, he took 5/9, scored 40 with the bat and took 8/140 or so off 44 overs out of the total 88 because it kept raining.)
Grifiths guy
I've got a few more bowlers that I can't think of at the moment.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just had an epic low scoring match as Queensland against Victoria in the Sheffield Shield. Andrew Symonds once again won us the game with his off breaks, picking up the 4 wickets in less than two overs at the end to grab us a narrow 9 run win.

Match Summary

qubvsvic1.png

Victoria 2nd Innings

qubvsvic2.png

The last 5 wickets fell for 3 runs, starting with them needing 13 to win with 5 wickets in hand. Hopes and Symonds, my best ranked bowlers, just ripped the lower order to shreds.

In 5 FC games, Symonds has 27 wickets @ an average of just over 9 runs per wicket! He strikes every 22 balls. Immense start to the season for the big man.

Users who are viewing this thread