How are you doing in your career?

Does anyone know why Career Mode has suddenly broken for me? I play one match and then straight away after the match, it cuts back to the original screen where you have to select either a current player to start as, or create a male or female career. I've been looking around if anyone else has had a similar problem but I can't see that much.

I'm an all rounder batting first or second. I'm now 20 years old level 15 with a rating of 48. I'm club captain, just been asked if i want to play for Yorkshire. My selection status is England county fringe player, England one day expecting selection and england t20 getting attention. How does this compare to yours?? batting and bowling on medium.

I'm an all rounder batting first or second. I'm now 20 years old level 15 with a rating of 48. I'm club captain, just been asked if i want to play for Yorkshire. My selection status is England county fringe player, England one day expecting selection and england t20 getting attention. How does this compare to yours?? batting and bowling on medium.

typical, i was just going to play my first game for Yorkshire and every time i try to start the game, it crashes, so i have to simulate the yorkshire games. I'm not happy....:mad

ok I have started a career for Colombo, I am in my 2nd season I have got picked for the state team - my rating is now 50 - I am quite liking the career mode cos there are lots of tournaments you can play for.
my major issue though is the stat tracking..... it is SOOOOOO much better on DBC14 I cant believe they have messed it up for this game. I don't really just want to see runs scored and balls faced for a current season it is called CAREER mode meaning you should see your stats for your whole career. Is this going to be fixed in the patch or will we have to start new career - if it will be fixed in the patch ill stop playing career mode till its fixed - anyone know?

Hi All,

I recently purchased DBC17 and I started my career in England with Richmond and eventually Middlesex - working my way up my batsman is now rated 91 - only problem is that seems to be the limit. I am unable to play for England.

I thought perhaps I had made an error and restarted with another career and the same thing happened.

I then started a career in Australia and there is no problems being called up to the Australian team - therefore is DBC17 limited to playing international cricket in career mode as Australia only?!

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

SebG

I've read a few varying scenarios on the thread. Apologies if I've missed any clues.

I'm a batting all-rounder at number five in the order. I think that I should have been an opener or three at least because I keep getting left stranded not out or get out cheaply if I really go for it. I'm into my third or fourth season now, aged 22 I think and no sign of getting signed up. My batting average is 20 and I dread to think what my bowling average is but batting at five I don't really see how I can improve. I've completed some objectives. I guess if I keep raising my stats with a few not outs I'll hit the ball further and more often and might eventually get signed but fear I'll be playing club T20 forever. Obviously in Oz it's quite normal in real life for club cricketers to not join state sides till mid or even late twenties but not so in England.

Of the sides I selected for my league only one is correct and my highest score (55 not out) doesn't show on my stats. Annoying that you can't see your bowling ave when you sim to player, maybe it comes up when you bowl if you field as well. Will give it a try.

I'm on Veteran, Hard and Hard.

Anybody got any ideas what I need to achieve to get signed up and who might offer me a deal?

Many thanks.

Don't forget to check your selection status on the main career screen (your stats tile) - you press triangle or whatever the equivalent is for PS4. That should give you some indication of where you're at.

If you're an all rounder I'm assuming you have to get both runs and wickets to get noticed. Re running out of partners I used to up my scoring rate when I got to the lower order and would hog the strike by refusing runs

Well been a long time since posting here... Sorry guys regular life took over spare time, and not easy when your building something big for the local community. But as usual found my way back here following the release of DBC17 - after getting the kids their christmas presents etc I had to wait until the next pay day to be able to buy it - due to it being released early, I thought I had it all timed well.

Set it up to download three times from the PSN Store - I do it this way so my youngest (2 1/2) doesn't have the opportunity to wreck my discs and for some reason it has been getting to the same point then failing to download. So woke up this morning, devastated that once again it hadn't downloaded, and now sitting here kids locked away watching DVDs, playing with toys, watching DBC17 download (it's like watching paint dry) but now am at 7.686GB / 9.336GB with 50 minutes to go and so been browsing this part of the site for stories, tips, pictures, etc (without trying to watch videos that will slow my download down) and have to say from what I have seen so far while there are some bugs that @BigAntStudios will no doubt be looking to fix come Patch #3 I am very excited to begin playing this game this afternoon.

Would like to thank @MattW for his constant updates on the game, off course @BigAntStudios for the game and for working on updates/patches for us and everyone who has contributed in the academy to improve the game. Kids and wife go away tomorrow for 10 days (while I 'work') so hopefully the patch will be out sometime then. But in the mean time once I get the game downloaded and start my career I will be here to post updates on my career like the rest of you - please keep your updates coming.

What setting determines that every ball you bowl is on the stumps?

Playing around in settings and sliders in a star player career with Stuart Macgill and everything I bowl now is on the stumps, even if i flick the right stick straight to the side.

What setting determines that every ball you bowl is on the stumps?

Playing around in settings and sliders in a star player career with Stuart Macgill and everything I bowl now is on the stumps, even if i flick the right stick straight to the side.

Has to be something related to player attributes & skills as I don't see anything related to Bowler Accuracy in Gameplay Modifier sliders.

Yeah it was weird, I had control at the start of the innings now everything pitches on the stumps. Might be something to do with stamina.

Yeah it was weird, I had control at the start of the innings now everything pitches on the stumps. Might be something to do with stamina.

I saw a post in some thread which said to hold/press the left stick (or it could be right stick depending on which stick controls the line) at 9'0 clock position while delivering the delivery to right hander to bowl the delivery outside off.

I'm an all rounder batting first or second. I'm now 20 years old level 15 with a rating of 48.

Can someone briefly explain this to me - I haven't really heard about except seeing it mentioned briefly. Curious to know as much as I can before I can get the game, haha!

International selection is not showing up for me on the selection status screen. Has anyone else come across this and is it a bug?

With respect to stamina, I for one find it annoyingly realistic.

As a not so fit guy approaching 30s who likes to roll his arms over as a bowling all-rounder during the weekends, I can attest to being at 0% stamina at the start of second innings if I had a substantial role to play in the first one.

This last weekend only, I was fortunate enough to be promoted to top of the order and contributed my bit of the partnership with an actual batter. The partnership lasted 10 overs with a lot of running involved and as a result when it was my turn to bowl - a trait I'm actually half decent at, I was already exhausted. Either I would end up not completing my action and bowl slow half trackers or try to over compensate by bowling the 'effort ball' and bend my back only to pitch it even shorter. Got a couple of wickets from mistimed pulls but that doesn't hide the fact that my stamina was shot.

This time I say the game is a little too realistic. LOL!

I hope things get better when my career player moves into higher leagues because I surely am not.

Users who are viewing this thread