How are you doing in your career?

Struggling on the career mode i cant hit single ball very well what to do??

Just had this amazing match where it was just a pure batting pitch and both teams scored huge runs..We got a lead but even in 2nd innings the opposition post a huge total and when I had to come on crease it was 25 overs remaining with over 180 runs required in the last day of the match so we were headed for a draw so had to make sure I was there till the end..Really happy with my innings as we successfully drew the match with me staying there for all of the 25 overs with a score of 8(74)*

20170124161152_1.jpg

20170124161207_1.jpg

20170124161157_1.jpg

@Chief Remember when you asked whether such situation arrives in game would I be willing to do this , then here it is..Was really fun doing something like this and its definitely one of a kind of experience that such a game gives..Amazing stuff by @BigAntStudios ..

Just had this amazing match where it was just a pure batting pitch and both teams scored huge runs..We got a lead but even in 2nd innings the opposition post a huge total and when I had to come on crease it was 25 overs remaining with over 180 runs required in the last day of the match so we were headed for a draw so had to make sure I was there till the end..Really happy with my innings as we successfully drew the match with me staying there for all of the 25 overs with a score of 8(74)*

@Chief Remember when you asked whether such situation arrives in game would I be willing to do this , then here it is..Was really fun doing something like this and its definitely one of a kind of experience that such a game gives..Amazing stuff by @BigAntStudios ..

You have a lot of patience. I would have gone for the win.

First of all, my kit issue is fixed since last night's steam patch so awesome job Big Ant! :thumbs:D:thumbs

Second of all just had a gutting 1st class match. We're chasing 281 to win and I come in at 72-3 with just over 3 sessions remaining, so I decide to play as patiently as possible only going after the really bad balls. We lose a few more wickets at the other end but eventually I build a nice partnership with the no.8 who plays a perfect defensive support innings. I eventually bring up my hundred off 190 odd balls with only 20 needed to win. Next over I get a tasty short ball, spank it through mid-wicket for 4. Few balls later another short one... And I pull a bottom edge straight onto my stumps. :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm Tail collapses and we lose by 2 runs. :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

I had a pretty exciting end to my first year in club T20 competition. I'm a batting all-rounder, opening the batting and part-time off spin, having a fairly average season. Last game of the round and we need to win. I have, easily, my best bowling game finishing on 3-17 from 4.0 and my team has just made the finals.

The elimination final was against the same team we'd played the week before and it was almost identical as I finished with figures of 2-13 from 4.0.

The preliminary final was a nail biter. My bowling was nothing, but during my chase I built my innings perfectly and we got the winning runs with an over to spare, while I ended up at 44 not out from 47 balls and we'd made it in to the grand final.

I'm feeling very confident having put in some good bowling performances and and a good batting performance. In the final we bowled first and I had a tidy 0-16 from 4.0, but the other team put up a very competitive 157. Our chase was paced pretty well and I'm playing a supporting role like last innings. We started losing a few wickets, but I resisted going for it thinking there's still plenty of time while protecting the lower order a little bit. 2 overs to go and we need 17 from 12, 7 wickets down, and I'm on 42 from 41 balls. Straight drives off the first two balls go for 4 and 3, I'm on 49 at the non-strikers and we've got it down to 10 from 10 and feeling very confident. I press x to simulate and the game ends, good work I think, my batting partner must have hit the winning runs, and there we are holding the trophy. Then it hits me, that's not our team uniform. What just happened!

From what I can tell my partner at some point hit a two and must have got a single off the last ball of the penultimate over. He got out on the second ball of the last over and the new batter was not out on 0 from 4. We lost by 6 runs and I was stranded at the non-strikers on 49 and didn't face any of the last 10 balls. Absolutely gutting ending to the season.

I had a pretty exciting end to my first year in club T20 competition. I'm a batting all-rounder, opening the batting and part-time off spin, having a fairly average season. Last game of the round and we need to win. I have, easily, my best bowling game finishing on 3-17 from 4.0 and my team has just made the finals.

The elimination final was against the same team we'd played the week before and it was almost identical as I finished with figures of 2-13 from 4.0.

The preliminary final was a nail biter. My bowling was nothing, but during my chase I built my innings perfectly and we got the winning runs with an over to spare, while I ended up at 44 not out from 47 balls and we'd made it in to the grand final.

I'm feeling very confident having put in some good bowling performances and and a good batting performance. In the final we bowled first and I had a tidy 0-16 from 4.0, but the other team put up a very competitive 157. Our chase was paced pretty well and I'm playing a supporting role like last innings. We started losing a few wickets, but I resisted going for it thinking there's still plenty of time while protecting the lower order a little bit. 2 overs to go and we need 17 from 12, 7 wickets down, and I'm on 42 from 41 balls. Straight drives off the first two balls go for 4 and 3, I'm on 49 at the non-strikers and we've got it down to 10 from 10 and feeling very confident. I press x to simulate and the game ends, good work I think, my batting partner must have hit the winning runs, and there we are holding the trophy. Then it hits me, that's not our team uniform. What just happened!

From what I can tell my partner at some point hit a two and must have got a single off the last ball of the penultimate over. He got out on the second ball of the last over and the new batter was not out on 0 from 4. We lost by 6 runs and I was stranded at the non-strikers on 49 and didn't face any of the last 10 balls. Absolutely gutting ending to the season.

Haha I don't think I'd be simulating in the closing overs of a limited overs game that close. Should be trying to run to get back on strike! :p

Just started a new career as a wicket keeper out of curiosity and I haven't had a catch or stumping opportunity at all in my first 5 matches. Might be better playing as an all rounder.

Just started a new career as a wicket keeper out of curiosity and I haven't had a catch or stumping opportunity at all in my first 5 matches. Might be better playing as an all rounder.

I get a feeling the keepers get more activity in longer forms of the game more than in T20. Not certain as I haven't done it myself, just a theory

Just started a brand new career played with sliders a bit and getting hang off new batting system but far from got it but definitely having fun trying. Bowling harder but not a bad thing

Users who are viewing this thread