How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I am playing as a batting all rounder(pace).. batting is going fine but I am really struggling with bowling. Whenever I bowl I am mostly within the jump markers or barely early on the jump but mostly in the marker for the release however 90% of my deliveries go on the leg side almost on the 5th-6th stump which the batsman easily flicks towards fine leg.. Any help or tips on line of ball would be appreciated.

Last edited:
In my first year at Tasmania (thought i'd go somewhere that isn't a huge team) i'm and opener and i'm liking it. I average a shocking 7 and a half in FC and 5.83 in OD. I find being opener is a great way to go though. Anyway the other night i get tossed the ball in a One Day match, and i picked up a 5fa as a off spinner! Ever since the captain throws me the ball more often so can't help but think that 5fa enticed him to bowl me more!

But was just wondering for those of you who are far into the game, can you become captain of the team you represent? :)

By the way, had a relieved innings where I went to bat in very third ball of the innings( my player is number 3 ) and took the strikes most of the times, kept my nerve to stay patient and felt so comfortable on 33 runs. But received a curse at same time, that I got dismissed on cancelling the run with batsman not sliding his bat. :(

Was so determined to get my first 50, damn! I have turned off my PS3 to get some break. This innings is very clearly my best innings in terms of experience as I felt that I was in charge of the situation in building a good partnership with AI. Other thing that I admired was the cloudy overcast condition which really gave a good feel while batting.

Today I have received 3 'Bad Luck Mate' awards, LOL!

Concentration is what you need for the big scores. I'm playing the game in the lot of 100 runs. Turned off the PS3 once i reached double yesterday. Will start again in a few minutes and take another break after if i reach triple. ;)

Concentration is what you need for the big scores. I'm playing the game in the lot of 100 runs. Turned off the PS3 once i reached double yesterday. Will start again in a few minutes and take another break after if i reach triple. ;)

I am playing in the lot of 10 runs.

Guys , any suggestions on how to start career mode in Indian domestic league? All I get now is Australia or England domestic teams to choose?

Finally got that half century after a few tantalisingly close forties along the way! Got to 55 fairly safely in a T20 before attempting to slog a spinner over his head two balls in a row - a bit too ambitious and pre-meditated, haha.

Just scored a BBI against Somerset playing FC, 9/30 very devastating indeed!

Of those 9 wickets, 6 were bowled...

If only my batting was this good :-)

Edit: on that note completed my first year and got the national call up to play a 2 match test series vs Pakistan straight away!

Last edited:
Career bowling issues

Hey i am in my second year of career mode, and am currently playing for australia. I am an opening bowler with 200+ wickets in first class cricket (in the first season). I am having issues with the captaincy in the career mode. I will open the bowling some games, while in others Alex Doolan (Number 3 batsman, not a bowler) Bowls before i do? And basically by 60 overs gone in the innings EVERY single player has bowled at least an over? Is anyone else having this issue in career mode as a bowler?

----------

After playing one season as an opening bowler for NSW, then moving onto Surrey for a season, and eventually being selected for Australia, in my second year i am first class captain of NSW

There is a bug when linking Academy-created players with the on-disc default players. The bug causes batsmen to bowl with more skill than they should and bowlers to score more runs than they should.

It's in the process of being patched by Big Ant.

Yes the captaincy is dumb. I played last night and after 6 games Richie Benaud hadn't bowled and when I played against Queensland they had Kepler Wessels open the bowling and Jeff Thommson didn't bowl a single delivery all match.

Even if i play the ball on leg, the player hits it on off, quite a few times..

is anybody experiencing this issue..
or is it just AI

M very gud in bowling n but littlebit weak in batting m cming on 7th in batting can any1 tell me how i can change batting order????

Users who are viewing this thread