How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Just turned it off for the night on 100* second game into the 3rd season for the vics

Gunna post me stats tomorrow, its been a solid weekend og dbc14

Progressing through my 1st IPL season.

My statistics are as follows:
158,043 pts (42nd online leaderboard)

* 17 years old - Promoted to captain of QLD Bulls
* Big Bash contract with Melbourne All Stars
* IPL contract with Bangalore

Yet to play for Australia but am expecting selection for next tour

IPL Season
Bat : 439 Runs @ 73.17, top score 118. 4 x 50, 1 x 100
Bowl : 18 wickets @ 6.89, best 5/11, 2 x 5WI

T20 (domestic)
Bat : 870 runs @ 39.55, top score of 118. 5 x 50, 1 x 100
Bowl : 54 wickets @ 9.03, best 6/32, 3 x 5WI.

OD (domestic)
Bat : 723 runs @ 32.86, top score of 143*. 1 x 50, 2 x 100
Bowl : 86 wickets @ 7.56, best 8/16, 9 x 5WI.

First Class (domestic)
Bat : 1251 runs @ 26.06, top score of 113. 4 x 50, 2 x 100
Bowl : 183 wickets @ 4.90, best 8/2 and 13/18, 19 x 5WI, 5 x 10WM.

Anyone knows what the different levels are before getting selected in national team

Right now I am at "Very Close" level for getting selected to Indian test team. Not sure how many more levels before playing for the test team

NVM, this time the search found the answer

The progressions in selection status goes:

1. No chance
2. Long way off
3. Fair way off
4. Getting attention
5. Very close
6. Good chance
7. Expecting selection
8. Regular member
9. Core member
10. Star member

Last edited:
Has anyone tried both an Aussie and English career batting? It is just totally different.
Batting at 4 for both I faced 80% short balls in Australia (after 5 matches) compared to about 20% in England.
You have to play totally different way. My dismissals were pretty much all missing the yorker.

Wonder if this is from the players being given different stats during creation.. did you download manually all from the same creator or just get best?

career mode just got really hard now because the difficulty has increase..its not fun anymore. :(.

Is this because you've reached international level, or did you up the difficulty? Are you loosing your wickets from being bowled/LBW'd or being caught? They key really is to find the biggest gap you can in the field that you can confidently play a shot to, and basically premediate to hit it there.

I'm all for watching the ball (thats how its supposed to be done

As above, I'm still premeditating it on anything that is not spin.. any spinners I basically play very straight or block.. otherwise I might as well just give up right away. Against quicks, I try and time as late as comfortable (so I don't early it to a slower ball), also helps to keep the shot on the ground.

----------------------------

Re-started a new career with a batsman, using what I thought was on disc teams. I was trying to find a way to easily update all the players names and looks to the get best or other download options, but there is no way, as far as I can tell, to download the players en-mass without bringing their stats with them. As a result, I had downloaded Blocker Dave's Aus team, but copied it without overiding the on disk team.. or so I thought.

Found it weird when in the first game against the Vics I noticed a James Faulkner in the team.. though 'isn't that the guy's real name??'. Next minute, the top order is collapsing around me, all being bowled by some demonic swing from the real named Siddle and Harris was putting full quick ones down and hitting stumps.. I did manage a really comfortable 78 off 86 before my attempted wide on drive turned into a square hook to a short delivery which I nicked to the wicket keeper.

Got out of the match and sure enough, even though some of the players names on the Vic team matched the on disk names, all the players from Blocker's Australia team had transplanted themselves in there as well. Checked between the stats from his team and the on disk team (as per one of my many wild theories) and even though there is some minor differences, they are very similar. I think I'll restart career again this time ensuring I'm using on disk teams and see how the same match goes.

Wonder if this is from the players being given different stats during creation.. did you download manually all from the same creator or just get best?

I did get best. I think it's to do with there being more teams and thus fewer fast bowlers in the English county season. I would blame the bounce too but a lot of the Country Championship games take place in Australian stadiums.
The speeds are pretty unrealistic for most bowlers. Most I face seem to be between 60 and 75mph.

As above, I'm still premeditating it on anything that is not spin.. any spinners I basically play very straight or block.. otherwise I might as well just give up right away. Against quicks, I try and time as late as comfortable (so I don't early it to a slower ball), also helps to keep the shot on the ground

I've slowly been able to bring my batting average up to around 15 by:

1. playing all spinners on the backfoot. Helps to play cuts and late cuts but beware the 'late cut straight to the keepers' glove' issue.
2. using the sweep and reverse sweep as much as possible. Easy 2 runs there each time (works about 3-4 times until the AI wisens up to it). Once they put a Point in there, I switch to sweeping. However its not without risk.
3. playing pace bowlers on the front foot. doesn't always work.

The dumb thing is...I can drive roughly the same ball, one will scoot along the ground, the other will lollypop straight to a fielder. Its like there's some random 'sky ball' generator.

Start of the 3rd season for the vics and here is where im at:

On pro level

123065d1398644026-how-you-doing-your-career-dbc14-current-stats-3.png

Attachments

• DBC14 Current Stats 3.png
    DBC14 Current Stats 3.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 132
I would blame the bounce too but a lot of the Country Championship games take place in Australian stadiums.

That was my other thought, as just because it's using an 'Australian Stadium', the actual pitch condition could be set to match the real life home pitches in the UK. As they are the on-disk 'leagues' used in the Career mode, I'd hope they'd have the level of detail that would have made this pre-programmed. Guess you just need to look at the pitch based on where the game is noted as being played and compare that to how the pitch usually comes up in real life. To be honest, have not yet done this with my games in the Australian Domestic comp in career mode, but I will start looking and comparing from now on.

I've slowly been able to bring my batting average up to around 15 by:

1. playing all spinners on the backfoot. Helps to play cuts and late cuts but beware the 'late cut straight to the keepers' glove' issue.
2. using the sweep and reverse sweep as much as possible. Easy 2 runs there each time (works about 3-4 times until the AI wisens up to it). Once they put a Point in there, I switch to sweeping. However its not without risk.
3. playing pace bowlers on the front foot. doesn't always work.

The dumb thing is...I can drive roughly the same ball, one will scoot along the ground, the other will lollypop straight to a fielder. Its like there's some random 'sky ball' generator.

I have yet to really play spinners on the back foot.. usually block or front foot drive. The few times I've gone back foot against a fast who's been bowling predomidantly short has helped, but, naturally, get some air that makes life stressful until it falls short.

I've had 0 luck playing sweeps against spinners in the net, so have not even tried that in a career match yet. Funny thing is, the AI have connected on 99% of sweeps, only one was mistimed that got a thick top edge that went no where.. all the other times it's along the ground safe for a single or double.. (bastards!)

The skying issue is all about timing. When I'm on song and getting my timing nice and late like I did last night, everything is one the ground. It's only when a slower ball makes me play early that I have higher chance of airing it. Timing is also affected by confidence I think, sometimes it gives you a nice big timing window to get an ideal shot easier.

3/4th of the 2nd season done and so far I am averaging 29 in FC with 3 tons and 5 50s, 25 in List A with 5 50s and 25 in T20s with 2 50s. My career batsman is turning out to be quite an average batsman :(

By the way can you view averages for each season individually?

Just made my highest score of 84 runs. Didn't realize AI had put a fielder back got caught.

3/4th of the 2nd season done and so far I am averaging 29 in FC with 3 tons and 5 50s, 25 in List A with 5 50s and 25 in T20s with 2 50s. My career batsman is turning out to be quite an average batsman :(

By the way can you view averages for each season individually?

It will tell end of your season on points earned & best figures, that's it. :( would agree that some sort of career graph for 20 years would be awesome.

Also not really sure, does the stats of other players remain unchanged in career? Christian has reached 3 times 2000 runs in FC game in all the games I partnered with him, commentator mentions that on every fourth run of him. LOL :D

Users who are viewing this thread