How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Just finished playing my first season on legend as the Vics. Chose to play as a batsman, batting no 4 in the order. Finished on top of the ladder in both first class and One Day, drew the FC Final and won the OD Final. Unfortunately I contributed nothing to the finals nor most of the season.
Stats ended up at:
List a 128 @ 8.53 sr 90.78 hs 57
First class 220 @ 7.59 sr 56.41 hs 30

T20 played for the Strikers, lost the semi final
28 @ 4 sr 90.32 hs 14

Really enjoying this game even though at times it is beyond frustrating

career mode - I'm a batting allrounder for QLD (RH wrist spin). We played WA.

After 1st innings for both teams, scores were roughly tied (all out for around 350 each). 2nd innings, I bowled 6-11 and got 4 runouts (yes - stupid AI hitting to midon and going for a run) and we bowled them out for 40 runs. Highlights for me - 4/30 in the first innings, top score of 21 as well (got caught by a superfielder), 6-11 in the second and getting MOTM.

yeah I know there's problems with AI but boy did it feel good :thumbs

Bagged career best List A bowling figures of 8/22 against WA playing as South Australia.

Felt pretty proud about that one :thumbs

EDIT: I say that then next game playing Victoria I get figures of 9/35

/feelsgoodman

Last edited:
Just scored my first ton in career mode. I can't describe this feeling in words.
This was my first game playing for Yorkshire, I originally play for NSW.
dvkpw2.jpg

----------

Btw has anyone scored 200 yet in 50 over format?
i have scored 209 not out in a 50 over game playing for warwickshire. What is your psn maybe we can play online sometime

Last edited:
Has anyone tried both an Aussie and English career batting? It is just totally different.
Batting at 4 for both I faced 80% short balls in Australia (after 5 matches) compared to about 20% in England.
You have to play totally different way. My dismissals were pretty much all missing the yorker.

I seem to find it isn't always the case.

I have put up quite a few good partnerships with the ai. Opening with Lyth for Yorkshire we put on a 216 opening stand before I holed out in the deep. He went on to make 150 if I remember correctly.

For Western Australia Voges and I bat quite well together more often than not. I really think it comes down to the match situation

I bat at 3 for WA/Perth, so I bat with Voges a lot, all he does while I'm there is smash absolutely everything and end up with no more than 20 from 10 balls haha. Shaun Marsh and I end up with the big partnerships.

Finished the first season last night and gutted with the stats :( I averaged 26 in FC, 22 in List A and 22 in T20, and managed just one hundred in the first season. Started the 2nd one and other than a couple of 50s don't have much to show as an improvement, but my FC average is now 27 (or maybe 28) and List A average has nudged up to 24. Haven't started playing T20s yet.

The game is extremely addictive in career mode as once you fail, you want to quickly move on to the next innings to put up a decent score. And if you do succeed, you want the trend to continue ASAP. So far I'm beginning to get occasional 50s (once every 4 or 5 innings) but the low scores are the killers. Still ruing that stumping off a fast bowler on 78 in the first season as my average started going downhill after that fiasco.

One other frustrating thing is that even though I bat at 3, I still don't have a review for majority of my innings. A couple of times I knew I was given out incorrectly - once adjudged LBW when I had edged the ball and another time when the ball had pitched outside leg - but I couldn't do much. Maybe something @BigAntStudios can patch in, i.e. career player has a review every innings.

One other frustrating thing is that even though I bat at 3, I still don't have a review for majority of my innings
Are you talking about One Day matches?

I've never had the AI use up a review on me in my entire career - I bat at 9 and have always had it, and it's always there right through my bowling innings until I use it.

Just remember that there's no reviews in the FC matches (I assume you'll get them at International level). So it's not them being used on you, it's just they don't exist.

---

Anyway, I'm slowly moving along now - I had a much better Big Bash this season, and my hopes of making the T20 tournaments are now slightly closer. I've also finally managed to cement myself at 'Getting Attention' in the County Championship, I got there a few times, but it dropped me back the next match because I couldn't get a repeat of the performance I needed to make it there.

Just had this happen to me:

Judge for yourself and then click the spoiler below -
Given Not Out

Last edited:
Finished the first season last night and gutted with the stats :( I averaged 26 in FC, 22 in List A and 22 in T20, and managed just one hundred in the first season. Started the 2nd one and other than a couple of 50s don't have much to show as an improvement, but my FC average is now 27 (or maybe 28) and List A average has nudged up to 24. Haven't started playing T20s yet.

The game is extremely addictive in career mode as once you fail, you want to quickly move on to the next innings to put up a decent score. And if you do succeed, you want the trend to continue ASAP. So far I'm beginning to get occasional 50s (once every 4 or 5 innings) but the low scores are the killers. Still ruing that stumping off a fast bowler on 78 in the first season as my average started going downhill after that fiasco.

One other frustrating thing is that even though I bat at 3, I still don't have a review for majority of my innings. A couple of times I knew I was given out incorrectly - once adjudged LBW when I had edged the ball and another time when the ball had pitched outside leg - but I couldn't do much. Maybe something @BigAntStudios can patch in, i.e. career player has a review every innings.

There are no reviews in First Class (4 day) mode. Just remember to not waste a review on your partner at the other end - no one cares about his 50/50 LBW decision, save it for yourself! haha!

There are no reviews in First Class (4 day) mode. Just remember to not waste a review on your partner at the other end - no one cares about his 50/50 LBW decision, save it for yourself! haha!

Didn't know that! Thanks for the info. yeah, I never use a review for my batting partner coz you never know when I might need it :p

----------

Just remember that there's no reviews in the FC matches (I assume you'll get them at International level). So it's not them being used on you, it's just they don't exist.

I was talking about FC matches and didn't know there were no reviews for them. Thanks for the clarification and after completing the first season now I know there are no reviews in FC matches :lol

career mode just got really hard now because the difficulty has increase..its not fun anymore. :(.
bowling is hard because I can't see that meter thing anymore.
keep getting out to that annoying stumping or run out bug..hope that get fix soon!!! so I can enjoy this game.

Last edited:
Getting a bit frustrated with catches not carrying. Most balls my career bowler delivers at 90+mph bounce again before reaching the keeper and thus 9/10 edges fall short.

Completed 1 year as a Bowling All-rounder, reached International Stardom

Users who are viewing this thread