How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Just scored a hard fought 31 for South Africa vs England in a test match 1st innings in career. Was doing so well till those damn spinners came on and guess what..........an edge!! Lol :facepalm

And some people are complaining that there are not enough edges lol.

Edges while facing spinners need to be toned down. In real life you don't end up edging every other delivery to wk while facing spinners. It's frustrating to see that you end up edging to wk be it you play early, late or away from the body. There are no mishits, just the edges to wkt keeper.

Number of edges against spinners should be the same as you get while facing spinners, and not more. Maybe @BigAntStudios can address the issue in a future patch as batting against spinners is an exercise in futility - you know you will edge one sooner or later.

there IS a way to avoid this --> leg glance, drive, reverse sweep or cut. I haven't been caught by a spinner for a long time primarily because I don't block (primarily because I would knick it).

There does need to be more variety with edges, some goin to slips/ gully, even if the fielders aren't there, it simply isn't correct that the only edges off the spinner are only goin fine, I think I've had a handful of catches off my bowling that would have gone to other fielders in that area, also the cut shouldn't be so risky as it is, and I'd like to see 1st slip take a catch instead of keeper. I'm sure this has been looked at/patched as many people are mentioning it, also it would be nice to play and miss rather than edge all the time, if the physics in the game is more realistic than ever before why isn't there more variety, I know I'm rambling but I've spent probably 3 hrs a night every nite since I got the game and I could count on one hand how many catches I've seen taken by slips/gully, on or off side. I've never inside edged one that's missed the stumps either its like if you're not perfect you're out. Sorry for the rant but I'm bad enough at this game without the bloody edges and superhuman fielders!! Can't wait for the patch!!

There does need to be more variety with edges, some goin to slips/ gully, even if the fielders aren't there,

I recently went through a crazy time.. 20 edges, about 2 went to the keeper, the rest were anything from going through the vacant first and second slip position all the way to gully, then I had a couple of inside edges that went wide of the keeper, don't think I had a single 'Bad Luck Mate' in that run. However, that was then replaced by a bunch of edges to the keeper, but that is most probably due to my change of technique in not trying to pre-meditate.

Last night saw that the on side was completly empty, went to play a shot off my hip and the ball smacked into the chest of the Leg Slip fielder that I didn't see as I didn't look past square before hand.. fortunately he dropped it. Freaked me out when it happened, sigh of relief for sure.

My current match has now been going for about 4 or 5 nights.. only playing a few overs while waiting for another game of mine to load up on the PC or when the server restarts, but currently sitting on 40 for my top score in my second year, closing in on the elusive 50 for this pure batsman.

By the Way, Matt W is that you coming 4th on the Career leaderboard??

Just below the Chunnster....

gee, theres a whitehorn ranked 4th on the PS3 career leaderboards with over 1 million points, i thought it was you

I have played alot and am on 270 odd thousand as a pure batsman, the leader is amazingly on 1.7mill, i assume he is a all rounder but fair dinkum, 1.7mill is alot of play time!!

im actually very happy with my 140 odd ranking, I dont know why people poo poo the leaderboards stuff, it is the last thing i check every night before i stop playing

id love it more if it was sorted into Bowling / batting / allrounder categories due to the way the scoring works, yet 140 off on PS3 as a pure batter after starting again after the 1st patch makes me very happy with my progress

doesnt matter though, haters are gunna hate

Enjoy while you can
At least I know you won't catch up to me soon,
NTEcWuN.png

:p

I have more than one account.... yes... and more than one copy of Ashes 2013 :)

Users who are viewing this thread