How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I had an up and down weekend. Scored a brilliant 97 from 141 balls on Friday and then proceeded to edge every single ball for my next 12 innings (very frustrating). Before this weekend I never edged the ball. I am in my 5th year and are really struggling in FC. Finished of the weekend with a 96 off 68 balls before I edged the ball again. I have only scored 1 century, but have been out on 98,97,96,93 and 88. I think the excitement gets too much.

I love the game though. By far the best cricket game ever.

I have also fallen prey to nervous nineties two or three times. I guess getting to ninety takes a lot out of me mentally and then the stress of that illusive century also has its influence. I have got one Fc and OD hundred though.

What year are you in, bro?

Year 7 or 8. My career player is 23 years old now and managed to reach helmet rating of 3 just before the season started.

----------

I had an up and down weekend. Scored a brilliant 97 from 141 balls on Friday and then proceeded to edge every single ball for my next 12 innings (very frustrating). Before this weekend I never edged the ball. I am in my 5th year and are really struggling in FC. Finished of the weekend with a 96 off 68 balls before I edged the ball again. I have only scored 1 century, but have been out on 98,97,96,93 and 88. I think the excitement gets too much.

I love the game though. By far the best cricket game ever.

That happens quite a lot in this game. The moment you think you have got a handle on the game, especially the batting, it kicks you in the nuts and you end up with a series of low scores after a big knock.

My 187 was followed by 3 single digit scores and a 40 odd. After the ton I thought I had figured out a way to tackle spinners but was out to spinners 3 times in the next 4 innings :noway Playing spin is really quite tough on DBC 14 and you do edge behind quite a lot.

I play like a 2005 Ian Bell. Look pretty, score pretty quickly, but ultimately throw my wicket away in the 30's. What's really frustrating is when you press the wrong button. Quite a few times I've pressed the wrong trigger, and ended up lobbing an easy chance to mid on or mid off. Nothing more annoying than feeling like you're getting going, and on the way to a good score, before playing an idiotic shot and getting out.

Scored my first century in Career mode [legend level]...Scored 117* off 105 balls before all other batsman got out...Felt really happy and was very tense when on 99 as couldn't connect at all for 4 balls and that too a LBW appeal given not out as the ball hitting outside off [Phew]....And a single later to reach the landmark and feels really awesome...:D:yes

I play like a 2005 Ian Bell. Look pretty, score pretty quickly, but ultimately throw my wicket away in the 30's. What's really frustrating is when you press the wrong button. Quite a few times I've pressed the wrong trigger, and ended up lobbing an easy chance to mid on or mid off. Nothing more annoying than feeling like you're getting going, and on the way to a good score, before playing an idiotic shot and getting out.

The problem is no matter how hard you try you end up with wrong footwork some time over the course of your innings, and I'm not talking about front foot or back foot mix-up. I'm referring to you pressing up & left or up & right on left stick when you meant to press only up on the left stick. Same thing with you trying to press down and your batsman missing the ball as you unintentionally ended up pressing down & left on the left stick.

These accidental footwork glitches, caused probably due to a very thin margin in what constitutes up & left as opposed to up, is what causes most of the dismissals. That's why you will see your batsman missing the leg glance and getting bowled with your batsman going across the stumps. It happened coz you accidentally pressed up & right instead of just up on the left stick. Majority of my dismissals happen due to this issue and at higher difficulty levels (e.g., Legend) this issue will be much more prevalent.

I have noticed something about getting those big scores and then have a string of single digit scores. I "think" I actually get mentally drained after compiling a long innings. And in the next few games, I just get complacent and try to hit out resulting in some stupid decisions/shots along with a really mean and hurtful AI.

So last night after scoring my second FC 100, I took a 10 minute break. Had some food and drink. And next ODI innings scored an 80+. I could be wrong, but I think the break helped. So maybe take a break after a long innings and try to bask in its glory.

I have noticed something about getting those big scores and then have a string of single digit scores. I "think" I actually get mentally drained after compiling a long innings. And in the next few games, I just get complacent and try to hit out resulting in some stupid decisions/shots along with a really mean and hurtful AI.

So last night after scoring my second FC 100, I took a 10 minute break. Had some food and drink. And next ODI innings scored an 80+. I could be wrong, but I think the break helped. So maybe take a break after a long innings and try to bask in its glory.

Yeah I agree...Whenever I start missing balls or get inside edges I take a break from the game and then come after a 5-10 minutes break...It really helps....This is the first game which has made tense when in 90's [Seriously was tensed out when on 99 today]....The game makes us feel really frustrated when we get out of a bad shot...Hats off to Ross and team for pulling this off the right way as no game earlier has made me feel this way...:):cheers

Despite my comment recently that I have stopped edging to the keeper, I have had a horrible run of edges. I thought I had nailed down the technique, but then I decided to try and not anticipate my shot to early and found I now have the reflexes to play each ball on it's merits (to an extent).. however this has now got me playing across the line (ableit still straightish) which is resulting in a hell of a lot of edges. I also found I started to play spinners a bit earlier than I used to, and this is also causing me problems (a few scoops to mid off). That being said, I do feel more confident when I intentionally play an ideal timed shot for a big gap and get those boundaries.

100% agree with this!!

Despite my comment recently that I have stopped edging to the keeper, I have had a horrible run of edges. I thought I had nailed down the technique, but then I decided to try and not anticipate my shot to early and found I now have the reflexes to play each ball on it's merits (to an extent).. however this has now got me playing across the line (ableit still straightish) which is resulting in a hell of a lot of edges. I also found I started to play spinners a bit earlier than I used to, and this is also causing me problems (a few scoops to mid off). That being said, I do feel more confident when I intentionally play an ideal timed shot for a big gap and get those boundaries.

This is actually the first game where I find that I am talking to myself while waiting for the bowler to deliver the ball. I will be like: wait, wait, wait.................. I thought that I am crazy but reading these posts I am sure it's not just me. I do agree with the fact that it is very satisfactory when you crack one along the ground into a gap for a boundary! I don't play aggressive to many times as I do not trust my timing.

My Career Player so far.......

Getting there slowly.

Look im the happiest ever getting picked for my national side at the age of 17 but how can they do that when my player's stats (batting stats) are hardly build up.

Look i know i got picked for my bowling performances and not batting.

Ive scored only one century in career and that was in a Twenty20 game. 128*

My best FC score is 76
My best 4 Day is 87
Best in ODI for south africa is 54

i must say its gets ridiculous to bat in career when u play for your country wow!!!!!!!

SUPER Ridiculous

Still the Greatest Game Ever:cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20140601_103952.jpg
    IMG_20140601_103952.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 40
Just scored a hard fought 31 for South Africa vs England in a test match 1st innings in career. Was doing so well till those damn spinners came on and guess what..........an edge!! Lol :facepalm

Edges while facing spinners need to be toned down. In real life you don't end up edging every other delivery to wk while facing spinners. It's frustrating to see that you end up edging to wk be it you play early, late or away from the body. There are no mishits, just the edges to wkt keeper.

Number of edges against spinners should be the same as you get while facing spinners, and not more. Maybe @BigAntStudios can address the issue in a future patch as batting against spinners is an exercise in futility - you know you will edge one sooner or later.

Users who are viewing this thread