How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
@Vans......do you not find it unrealistic being able to play in the test team at 17? As I am a pure batsman in my career I am relatively crap so am only playing domestic cricket even though I am into my fourth year.....but if the call comes I feel it has been a tough but rewarding journey...

I hear u Dutch!

The thing is I think I was chosen for bowling. Looks at my bowling stats. Hahaha definitely not for my batting....lol.

A young bowler taking tons of wickets in any domestic team will get attention from a national side.

So I think I was chosen for my good bowling performances Dutch see that I am a batting all rounder. Bat @ 5 and medium bowler. So I think my chances are better than u with just a pure batsman.

Batting is hard in this game witch I love and think is realistic. If they could just make the AI the same and make it more difficult for bowlers to dominate.

Hopefully Patch 2 will sort that out for us.

I hear u Dutch!

The thing is I think I was chosen for bowling. Looks at my bowling stats. Hahaha definitely not for my batting....lol.

A young bowler taking tons of wickets in any domestic team will get attention from a national side.

So I think I was chosen for my good bowling performances Dutch see that I am a batting all rounder. Bat @ 5 and medium bowler. So I think my chances are better than u with just a pure batsman.

Batting is hard in this game witch I love and think is realistic. If they could just make the AI the same and make it more difficult for bowlers to dominate.

Hopefully Patch 2 will sort that out for us.

If I read between the lines of what Matt is saying then this has defintely been fixed in patch 2. It will be much harder to pick up wickets as a bowler if the AI start batting sensibly and with consideration for the match situation. Not begrudging you your test status either!!:p

That would be cool if that's fixed yes, but trust me when u start playing for ur country in test and odi my friend it is super super difficult to bowl and take wickets. Take a look at my odi stats where I've only played 3 games for the odi side. And then again the test side I've played 6 test matches. Not great bowling stats I tell u!

Can't belive they put more edges in for bowling??? Why?

I get about 2-3 edges a game. 80% the weekie will take it behind and the rest slips. I've had some beauties in the slips.

Got bored of constantly batting with Burns and Harinath, so started my career again with an edited Surrey line-up. Davies is no longer keeping, but opening up with Smith, I've got KP in at 3, with Gary Wilson coming in at 7 to take the gloves. I've then started as a batting all-rounder, batting #4 and bowling right arm medium-fast. Started well, didn't get many against Somerset in the FC stuff, but scored 43 in my first OD game, and bowled well. Hopefully stick with this career for a while!

Finally got a century with my batsman career. Got 145 off about 122 opening for Glamorgan in my 3rd year against Notts. Bragg and I had a 190 run opening partnership before he fell over his pad and was LBW at the end of an over, next over I cut one past 3rd man for 4 then edge behind and our number 4 went 1st ball. 194/3 from 190/0 :noway

After the 190 run opening stand we made 490, bowled them out for 287 then come the second innings and I flopped hopelessly for a 14 ball 4 runs (couldn't have hit a beach ball with a tennis racket!) and we ended up setting them 396 to win. Bloody gits went and got it in the last over of the day with 1 wicket left. Patel got 96* and nabbed the Man of the Match award despite me being the only centurian. So still searching for that MotM in this career.

However, it was an epic match and I stopped simulating for most of the final session as it was damn close. Excellent game (both the one I just described and the whole thing!)

On an unrelated note, this was the 3rd to last match of the season and we're bottom by about 40 points so in the context of the season, the loss/victory was moot!

Finally got a century with my batsman career. Got 145 off about 122 opening for Glamorgan in my 3rd year against Notts. Bragg and I had a 190 run opening partnership before he fell over his pad and was LBW at the end of an over, next over I cut one past 3rd man for 4 then edge behind and our number 4 went 1st ball. 194/3 from 190/0 :noway

After the 190 run opening stand we made 490, bowled them out for 287 then come the second innings and I flopped hopelessly for a 14 ball 4 runs (couldn't have hit a beach ball with a tennis racket!) and we ended up setting them 396 to win. Bloody gits went and got it in the last over of the day with 1 wicket left. Patel got 96* and nabbed the Man of the Match award despite me being the only centurian. So still searching for that MotM in this career.

However, it was an epic match and I stopped simulating for most of the final session as it was damn close. Excellent game (both the one I just described and the whole thing!)

On an unrelated note, this was the 3rd to last match of the season and we're bottom by about 40 points so in the context of the season, the loss/victory was moot!

Sounded like a very exciting game dude! Well done on the century just got my today for the 1st time in career.

Can I only just be the one batting.

I take the single and see the other guy play 5 balls, gets boring.

anyway to simulate him batting out of the way as well or I am stuck at the non strikers?

Can I only just be the one batting.

I take the single and see the other guy play 5 balls, gets boring.

anyway to simulate him batting out of the way as well or I am stuck at the non strikers?

Take a single off the 4th or 5th delivery and reject any singles after that. But that gets boring too. Also, its not like you can relax at the non-striker's end, unless you wanna get runout :p

Take a single off the 4th or 5th delivery and reject any singles after that. But that gets boring too. Also, its not like you can relax at the non-striker's end, unless you wanna get runout :p

yea h I just want to bat, not see the other guy play 6 dot balls. Gets boring

Once the new patch comes out I'm restarting a career, in Warwickshire again, but with:

1. edited batting line up (Bell shouldn't be opening)
2. medium bowling rather than spin
3. middle order spot rather than opening

this plus the new patch should be fun :D

Yeah how??? Kids can play a career and wack it around - that's a good thing

My nephew came to my place a few days ago for sumer vacation and wanted to start a career in his name (He is just ten years old). How much ever he tried he could not get past three to ten runs. He was very good in bowling and took 9 wicket once (even I have not reached it yet :D). Poor fellow use to give the controller to me whenever he comes into bat :( and i use to score twenty to thirty runs for him and he will be out in next three or four runs. He could not enjoy the complete game.

Adding lower difficulty to the career mode will make everyone happy. Don't say he should learn it. He has lot of things to learn than learning a video game.

How many of you agree this

My nephew came to my place a few days ago for sumer vacation and wanted to start a career in his name (He is just ten years old). How much ever he tried he could not get past three to ten runs. He was very good in bowling and took 9 wicket once (even I have not reached it yet :D). Poor fellow use to give the controller to me whenever he comes into bat :( and i use to score twenty to thirty runs for him and he will be out in next three or four runs. He could not enjoy the complete game.

Adding lower difficulty to the career mode will make everyone happy. Don't say he should learn it. He has lot of things to learn than learning a video game.

How many of you agree this

The fact is that a cricket game is a niche market (said 100s of times) so anything they do to widen audience participation/enjoyment is good for the game. They aren't removing anything that takes it away from us "hardcore" players who want to scrap around for every run so ultimately it really shouldn't bother anyone!

Users who are viewing this thread