How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I'm of the opinion, as someone stated above, the reason for the high strike rate is that blocking isn't as safe as playing straight in the game. I have been out caught behind more blocking than I have straight driving, usually the worst that would happen is you hit it back at the bowler and he drops it. I play every ball on the stumps leg side off a pace man and straight/ leg side off spinner. The medium pacers go mostly off side as a lot of times I'm a bit early if I play leg side to them and eventually get caught at deep fine leg or square. Blocking to spinners is a bit of a minefield even when they're not turning it much.

If there was more than one bowling action for every type of bowlers it would have been so great. Maybe not possible in this game but hopefully in the next one or so.

----------

I heard it's possible to change between helmet and cap between sessions. How?

Is it really possible?

I'm of the opinion, as someone stated above, the reason for the high strike rate is that blocking isn't as safe as playing straight in the game. I have been out caught behind more blocking than I have straight driving, usually the worst that would happen is you hit it back at the bowler and he drops it. I play every ball on the stumps leg side off a pace man and straight/ leg side off spinner. The medium pacers go mostly off side as a lot of times I'm a bit early if I play leg side to them and eventually get caught at deep fine leg or square. Blocking to spinners is a bit of a minefield even when they're not turning it much.

I have so, so many +20 XP's from "Bad Luck Mate", trying to block spinners on the leg side (because mid off is in, so I can't play an actual stroke without hitting it down his throat)

People keep saying "you're timing it wrong" - but there's literally no way for them to know that this is the problem, because there is no timing feedback mechanism in a match.

I think I need to sweep more often, so then I start getting caught off that and have a new problem to sort out ...

Right, i've started my second season on the game and I have been called up by my national team. I come to bowl, and theres no bowling assistance!?!? Is this just for tests or has my bowling assistances now gone because i'm in the second season?

Also, does anyone have any tips for bowling without this guide? My pace and line has gone downhill dramatically as i'm struggling with the run up timing.

Finally had an awesome game last night - scored 91* and led Warwickshire to the T20 crown overcoming Essex by 8 wickets (they scored 4/179). This was only my 2nd 50 in T20s (average of 30 odd) and came at the perfect time. Bell was out first ball lofting it to mid on but Trott came in and steadied the ship and we put on a 55 run partnership before holing out at deep long on. I then carried on from there. For once the AI actually put in proper fields, all round the ground resulting in more 1s and 2s (which was actually quite a lot of fun).

Love this game :thumbs

Yoh! To all the Centurions in career mode.

Can you guys tell me in what camera angle u guys scored your century?

I'm old school and still bat with "broadcast" cam. Highest 78.

Let a brother know

Homie, use close batsman cam for batting, and broadcast cam for running/fielding, always hold R2, never call for a run until the ball is past the infield, always pre medititate, always hit the balls away from the fielders, play leg side until they stack the area, then play straight, then play off side, use reverse sweep against the spinners, when they fill that gap, use on drive

if you stick to those things, you will be scoring hundreds no problems

also dont drink or smoke whilst playing the game, they always = terrible results....

mr drunkness does not - concentration or high scores! well maybe it has, but i dont remember!!

Got out for 90 today off 83 balls. Still holding out for that elusive century. Were at 98/6 at one stage but finally found an intelligent ai partner who batted out with me and we put on 90. We got to 234 and won by six runs.

Finally fell into my old trap of trying to play a front foot cut to a straight one when the leave the area vacant. Has caught me out a few times now!

Right, i've started my second season on the game and I have been called up by my national team. I come to bowl, and theres no bowling assistance!?!? Is this just for tests or has my bowling assistances now gone because i'm in the second season?

Also, does anyone have any tips for bowling without this guide? My pace and line has gone downhill dramatically as i'm struggling with the run up timing.

Once you are called to the national team, you are moved from PRO to Veteran difficulty. So bowling assistance will not appear in international matches (both test and ODI). It will again come up when you are playing the county matches again.

Tinkered round a bit with academy and replaced Australian domestic with ranji! Started a career with Karnataka

Tinkered round a bit with academy and replaced Australian domestic with ranji! Started a career with Karnataka

Same here dude. I hae started a new career with Tamilnadu. What are the teams you are playing against??

Users who are viewing this thread