How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Didn't replace all teams

I replaced almost every team including BBL.

I have TN, Andhra, Railways, Kerala, Delhi, Maharashtra in Austrlian domestic shield

Karnataka, Mumbai, Punjab, Bengal, Goa, Rajasthan in BBL. It looks like a real ranji trophy career for me. :D :lol

Finally got my first century yday (124 in 112) in my third year. Had to be a real di*k to my fellow batsmen but the result was very satisfying :P

I basically still haven't gotten the hang of playing spin despite implementing the "play it late" technique, because then I get undone on the fast ones they sneak in.

But yday I decided, I am not going to face any spin bowling. So the moment a spinner started his spell, I would get off strike with a sweep/reverse-sweep, deny my partner singles and then hog the strike against non-spinners. Took every ounce of my douchey-determination but the results showed

I basically still haven't gotten the hang of playing spin despite implementing the "play it late" technique, because then I get undone on the fast ones they sneak in.

I got a question on the point i have highlighted. When the spinner bowls the fast deliveries, though i play a straight bat or towards the pitch of the ball. the ball is still going under the bat.

My question is i know he is bowling a quicker one and I know what shot I have to play. But I can not get the bat the dab the ball. The bat is hanging above and the ball is going under it. How to avoid this and defend the ball from hitting the stumps or getting LBW.

I guess I made my question clear :rolleyes.

Just scored my first double century(202),,,it came at a time when my country(S.A) was struggling, came in at 5 and played till the end, last wicket to fall and got a captain's knock trophy

I got a question on the point i have highlighted. When the spinner bowls the fast deliveries, though i play a straight bat or towards the pitch of the ball. the ball is still going under the bat.

My question is i know he is bowling a quicker one and I know what shot I have to play. But I can not get the bat the dab the ball. The bat is hanging above and the ball is going under it. How to avoid this and defend the ball from hitting the stumps or getting LBW.

I guess I made my question clear :rolleyes.

Haha yes you did .. because I usually have the same issue. I don't really have a solution to this. Maybe some other experts in this thread can address this and give some advice.

I usually think I am playing the right shot, with decent timing and footwork but it just "sneaks" through. And that is while playing a defensive shot with R2 pressed

@Ross Is this true after patch 2 people even can start at rookie difficulty and it will max go upto Pro? This will just totally ruin the fun of career mode man.

How does adding an optional feature ruin the fun?

The career was realistic and fun because of the difficulty. If it was easy like other cricket games then the interest would had been long gone. The Bugs were the problem, not the difficulty, specially in batting.

The career was realistic and fun because of the difficulty. If it was easy like other cricket games then the interest would had been long gone. The Bugs were the problem, not the difficulty, specially in batting.

No one is forcing you play this way it is OPTIONAL

So don't play it on the easy difficulties...bloody hell

Yeah but he will be sitting there knowing that others are playing it on an easier level.... Oh the torture...,

Bro, if someone else wants to have fun, and to do that they need the difficulty turned down, let them.

It's literally none of your business, except from the perspective of online leaderboards - which are almost universally garbage anyway.

*edit* Oh. Looks like a pile on, then?

Last edited:
FINALLY!!!!! My 1st Century in career. 128n/o in Twenty20

I thought it would never come. I think it's because of the better fielding the AI sets.

Here is my current stats so far:

Twenty20:
Bat Avg: 35:75/Top Score 128n/o.
Bowl Avg: 6.34/29 wickets best 6/10
Catches 16

List A matches:
Bat Avg: 19:94/Top Score 86
Bowl Avg: 8.09/85 wickets best 6/11
Catches 20

First Class:
Bat Avg: 13.86/Top Score 78
Bowl Avg:7.56/252 Wickets best 8/10
Catches 51

ODI - SOUTH Africa (only 3rd game)
Bat Avg:24.00/Top Score 54
Bowl Avg: 94.00/1 wicket
Catches 1

Test - South Africa:
Bat Avg: 22.67/Top Score 58
Bowl Avg: 21.28/14 wickets best5/64
Catches 5

That my career so far. No IPL and T20 for South Africa yet.

My Player is 17 yrs old into his 2nd year now.

Man u gotta love this f... game!

Users who are viewing this thread