How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Bit harsh on Ballance. He has gears which certainly Trott did not have. Can see your point though. You wouldn't want a team full of 'em (unless you're an England ODI selector and then apparently you do).

To an extent it's also the fact that accumulating is basically like camping in an fps. You're making the game as easy as you can possibly make it for yourself, and just waiting for your opponent's mistakes. Players who look to take on the oppo with imaginative, entertaining cricket are actually making the game much harder for themselves, and they usually need to make more runs to catch selectors' eyes because creativity and imagination are viewed with suspicion.

So when considering Cook vs KP for instance, there's a huge gap in ability. If Cook had spent his career trying to play like Pietersen and Pietersen like Cook, I'd guess Cook would probably not have made it past club level and Pietersen would have added 10 runs to his test average.

i personally feel this generation blockers are too technical nd thus get too drab. the old generation blockers like dravid, kallis laxman, etc were always a treat to watch, i think its more due to them playing good deliveries once they settle in instead of just cashing in on bad ones all day long and leaving of good ones like the current crop do.

To an extent it's also the fact that accumulating is basically like camping in an fps. You're making the game as easy as you can possibly make it for yourself, and just waiting for your opponent's mistakes. Players who look to take on the oppo with imaginative, entertaining cricket are actually making the game much harder for themselves, and they usually need to make more runs to catch selectors' eyes because creativity and imagination are viewed with suspicion.

So when considering Cook vs KP for instance, there's a huge gap in ability. If Cook had spent his career trying to play like Pietersen and Pietersen like Cook, I'd guess Cook would probably not have made it past club level and Pietersen would have added 10 runs to his test average.

Aye especially in England. Look at how Alex Hales is regarded as opposed to Sam Robson.

Yeah Robson is the latest selection I don't understand. Surely there are either more able grinders or strikers out there than a guy who can't stay alive vs Indian / Sri Lankan medium pace on off stick.

As you all know I've been experimenting with playing on Legend/Pro Cam with No HUD, and Pro Cam running too. I decided to give a pure batsman a go opening at #1 for Yorkshire, and to say I have had a decent debut is putting it mildly!

DXvNklt.jpg

G1sEa8t.jpg

Apologies I didn't get the wagonwheel exactly on 50, I forgot! Anyways here is the chart after scoring 59. As you can see I have scored runs all over - which I am particularly proud about. Quite a nice balanced chart I think you'll agree! I ended up getting 68 for my debut inning, which ended after Graham Onions trapped me lbw trying to take a greedy 4 down legside with an attempted on-drive. I ended up top scoring for my side after Yorkshire collapsed somewhat thereafter - reaching 238 all out after just 64 overs.

Unp2ulE.jpg

Durham picked up the pace with their first innings and hit 349 off 96 overs, leaving us trailing by 111. Sadly I was not able to match my performance from the first inning, getting out cheaply for 8 after playing on to my stumps whilst attempting a cover drive into the gap. Needless to say that started the wickets tumbling, and we reached a total of 217 all out. This left Durham a meagre target to win, and they clubbed 110 for 1 to win the match.

mS5aobh.jpg

Overall a decent debut, but a poor team performance. :(

Last edited:
Holy c**! My game crashed part way through my second 4-day match against Notts. It was kind of a blessing really, I may have some trouble with this one. With Siddle leading the attack on a pitch which bounced a lot, they were causing me all sorts of trouble with the short ball. They were practically bowling bodyline! I'm sort of glad the game crashed in a way, I just hope that I get more favourable conditions on my 2nd try. I still think Siddle will be my arch nemesis in this one.

How are you people doing?
Came here after a long time. I've played two first-class matches yesterday after a long time & scored 2 Centuries. It Felt Good. :)

I'm a bit conflicted. I'm about halfway through my first season and I'm doing quite well (on Amateur). But I realised that the international teams are all going to be out of date and I think that's going to bother me so I think I'll restart. I have a couple questions:

Do I actually have to create each team that I want to change so I can 'replace' them in Career Team Lists in the Academy? Or is it enough to just change them in Team Manager? I have to ask because you can't view the team in Career Team Lists.

Also, do people think it's worth starting it on Pro instead of Amateur? I figure since the career takes a while to complete by the time I make it to the international side I'll probably be ready to play on Legend. Then again from what I've heard it's really hard so maybe I should just be content with my biggest challenge being playing on Veteran by the time I get to international? I don't really like the idea of finally making it and then not being able to score a run.

I'm a bit conflicted. I'm about halfway through my first season and I'm doing quite well (on Amateur). But I realised that the international teams are all going to be out of date and I think that's going to bother me so I think I'll restart. I have a couple questions:

Do I actually have to create each team that I want to change so I can 'replace' them in Career Team Lists in the Academy? Or is it enough to just change them in Team Manager? I have to ask because you can't view the team in Career Team Lists.

Also, do people think it's worth starting it on Pro instead of Amateur? I figure since the career takes a while to complete by the time I make it to the international side I'll probably be ready to play on Legend. Then again from what I've heard it's really hard so maybe I should just be content with my biggest challenge being playing on Veteran by the time I get to international? I don't really like the idea of finally making it and then not being able to score a run.

Replacing the teams in the team manager in the academy will be enough, but you will need to start a new career in order for those changes to take effect.

As for difficulty, go for what feels right to you. Some people are naturally comfortable with Legend, others progress quickly, and some probably will never get there. Don't let other peoples' experiences push you into doing something you might not be ready for. It has to be your decision really.

Replacing the teams in the team manager in the academy will be enough, but you will need to start a new career in order for those changes to take effect.

As for difficulty, go for what feels right to you. Some people are naturally comfortable with Legend, others progress quickly, and some probably will never get there. Don't let other peoples' experiences push you into doing something you might not be ready for. It has to be your decision really.

Thanks mate. Yeah, I'm leaning towards just sticking to starting on Amateur since I'm still struggling with that at the moment, but I suppose I should actually try Legend and see how far off I am from there.

Thanks mate. Yeah, I'm leaning towards just sticking to starting on Amateur since I'm still struggling with that at the moment, but I suppose I should actually try Legend and see how far off I am from there.

Well just bear in mind that during the course of your career, the difficulty will jump as your player's helmet level increases and when he makes international selection. The difficulty jumps to a maximum of two times, so if you start on Pro for example, you'll eventually end up on legend. Of course the benefit of starting on Legend is that it can only get easier! :D

Users who are viewing this thread