How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Cheers for the heads up Ross!

Well just bear in mind that during the course of your career, the difficulty will jump as your player's helmet level increases and when he makes international selection. The difficulty jumps to a maximum of two times, so if you start on Pro for example, you'll eventually end up on legend. Of course the benefit of starting on Legend is that it can only get easier! :D
Oh yeah, I know, I meant that I'll start it on Pro so that it will change to Legend by the time I get to international selection. The way I've been playing lately I don't think I'd even get to international selection if I started the career on Legend...

Cheers Ross, I'm on PS3 though. For the record, I'm happy with not being able to change it once I start anyway.

Since my one decent score of 77 I am having an absolute nightmare batting, a few single figure scores and scores in 20s/30s and a high of 46! My avg is just over 20. This bloody aerial shot thing is killing me, as soon as there's someone in the point and a square leg regions I've absolutely had it, can't block for more than a few balls before I get a knick and if the bowler changes from over to round I can't cover/on/off drive either!! Absolute walking wicket ATM! On the plus side my test bowling has been a revelation!! I may have to take a break from career until the patch comes, batting on pro is hard enough without having a batsman who thinks he's giving catching practice.

I've started my career as a 16 year old batting allrounder for Yorkshire. Batting at number 6 and bowling medium pace. Scored 5 & took 4 wickets on debut. Nothing great. But scored a quick fire 59 and had match figures of 8/25 in the next match to be the man of the match. I bowl stump to stump military medium pace. Generally you miss, I hit theory. Working well so far.

I haven't touched Career mode post patch 2 after a few tries. They made batting even more difficult. At least pre patch 2 I successfully use to score some rins on domestic, cant do even that now.

Yea I must admit I could score runs with my bowling all rounder easier pre patch 2 than I can with my batting all rounder now. From what I remember the main problems pre patch 2 were superhuman fielders and the occasional silly run out. I have no idea why the pull/cuts/drives go in the air post patch, but although ill admit that on rookie/amateur it was quite easy to score runs in casual matches, in my current career on pro for internationals I'm really struggling and even at domestic level on amateur its difficult to get a big score because sooner or later you're going to be caught.

Yea I must admit I could score runs with my bowling all rounder easier pre patch 2 than I can with my batting all rounder now. From what I remember the main problems pre patch 2 were superhuman fielders and the occasional silly run out. I have no idea why the pull/cuts/drives go in the air post patch, but although ill admit that on rookie/amateur it was quite easy to score runs in casual matches, in my current career on pro for internationals I'm really struggling and even at domestic level on amateur its difficult to get a big score because sooner or later you're going to be caught.

For me its the other way, consistently scoring 50,s and 100's now....Avg before patch was 27 but now its 48...Obvious increase due to change in the batting position of no.5 in the new career...

Previous 2 innings 82 and 46.....

How am I going in my career?

Well... if we're talking as an all rounder, they'd be saying 'look kid, you have a future as a bowler but batting...you'll always be a rabbit'. As a batter? '...don't you think you should consider going to become a plumber or something - you'll never make it as a pro batsman...'

In short, I am disastrously bad at batting. I have improved a little - I used to be catastrophically bad, now I'm only disastrously bad. Perhaps one day I'll just be 'bad'. :lol:lol:lol:lol Still, I have fun while I'm out there in the middle, even if it is for only a few balls. The other day, I got to 27. Wheeeee!!

One of the reason why I find batting so difficult is that after patch it locks every mode to legend level (does my helmet #3 has anything to do with it?).

I simply dont have the time or motivation to go through the learning carve yet again.

I think that the reason I'm struggling with the bat more than any other is the aerial shots. I have tried to use the triggers but its unlocked more ways of getting out by edges to keeper. I find that its simply not possible to build a score as it was before, and even on amateur the centuries and even 50s elude me.

How are you doing in your career?

I've started a number of careers, most of them are parked until I stop getting caught/dropped off every second ball. Latest one is a #5 bat/med-fast bowler, which is much more fun than just being a batsman. My only real complaint, apart from the obvious hitting-it-in-the-air issue, is that I lose a lot of limited over games because the batsman above me all think they're Chris Tavare. But in the end career mode isn't about the team, it's all about the individual and who cares if I lose as long as I get to be MOTM?

Seriously awesome game, can't wait for the patch to come through.

After getting ass whopping of lifetime in online games, I am back to career mode.
Scored 14 and 67 and took 2/29 in lost cause.
Difficulty legend, pro cam, no HUD elements.
I will share big wheel in some time.(Reinstalling windows)

Edit @kushari ,I still owe you a game, I think I am up for the challenge now:rolleyes:noway:rolleyes

Had a real struggle against India just recently. In 6 matches (3 ODI & 3 T20) I only managed to pass 50 once. Was averaging just 22 across those 2 series with a high score of 68. I thought my poor form was going to continue into the series with New Zealand as I was out for just 4 in the first match...then made back to back hundreds. 109 not out in a fairly low scoring game then blitzed 139 off 97 balls in the game after. This is only on pro though so the only real gratification is my own :)

Ehmmm maybe I need to swallow my pride and drop down a level, as Pro seems too difficult for me. That causes a problem with bowling though, as Pro is just right - anything easier would be too easy. Perhaps separate difficulty options for batting and bowling, Big Ant?

Users who are viewing this thread