How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I decided to drop down to amateur and just be a batsman - and I was right to do so. First time out, I got an 82 off about double the number of balls but then got two low scores in a row. So now I can actually build an innings but also get out in stupid ways from time to time. The perfect balance!

Do any of you guys play your whole career, including as a fielder?[DOUBLEPOST=1409228729][/DOUBLEPOST]
@BigAntStudios @HBK619 @fiction Thanks for patching the batting! Played a FC game just after patch and finally got a decent run in, even though I went out to stupid shot selection. Batting is SO much better with the ball going along the ground.

AI Fielders seem to misjudge balls along the ground at times too, where they dive over the ball, or the ball is past them before they actually realize it. Will see if I can get a vid of it happening.

That's a good thing - because they do that in real life too. :)

I decided to drop down to amateur and just be a batsman - and I was right to do so. First time out, I got an 82 off about double the number of balls but then got two low scores in a row. So now I can actually build an innings but also get out in stupid ways from time to time. The perfect balance!

Do any of you guys play your whole career, including as a fielder?

I play on Pro and thanks to the patch I finally got some runs. I sometimes field, but it increases the time of a game by too much.

Do any of you guys play your whole career, including as a fielder?
Definitely not, I doubt anyone does. :p Even in real life it can be quite boring and uneventful in the field, especially the longer the format...

There would need to be some sledging mini-game or something to keep it even remotely interesting to just field :p.

The first time I played a test I simulated to career player and fielded in between my overs until I was taken off. I quite enjoyed it but its not something I do often due to playing time restraints (4 kids)!!

Started a new career as an opener for Essex, oh god I forgot how frustrating it is to bat with no skill points!

Just made a 49 in my second 4 day match, rage quit after that.

Coming right in the 2nd innings, 2nd game of my new career. Loving the new changes, feels more like cricket. LH opening batsman

216260_2014-08-29_00004_zps8f8c498f.png

Had a great T20 match in career legend difficulty, played one of my best t20 innings walking in at 58/2, having gotten out cheaply the 2 games before this trying to slog it out and seeing the team loosing, decided to play the anchor role cruising at around 120-130 SR, still putting it away for a boundary whenever i got a chance, reached 50 of 36 balls, then decided to give more strike to Indrajit who started to go bonkers after playing second fiddle to me while i got to fifty.

We went in to the last over with 187/3 19 overs, then karnataka made the mistake of giving last over to a part time spinner, i knew i had to get on strike with the form i was in, indrajit wacked the first one for six then rotated the strike, the stage was set for me, and i smashed K.nair for three 6s of four balls, two of them going straight over the long off fielder while one going a long way over the covers, and we cashed in 25 runs in total of the last over ending with a solid 212/3 20 overs.I ended with 75(46). We went on to win the match handsomely and i got awarded MOTM.

The game really rewards getting settled and going bonkers, you can pick and choose when/who to attack and when/who to defend, playing the waiting game to cash in at the right moment, when you succeed it really feels good.

The game really puts you in the role of of the type of player you choose, being a No 4 player really feels like you are the back bone of the team, every time i come at 2 down, i feel the pressure especially if another wicket also falls at the other end, i feel obliged to stay there to take the team home, if you fail the game may simulate to a decent score but more often than not you will be left wanting more runs on board and lead to defeat.

t20sum.jpg

t20car2.jpg
cart20.jpg

@grkrama, how does playing shots along the ground feel like post patch 2.5?

Absolutely fantastic, its all we wanted and more, you will like the feeling of getting one past the fielder after all his attempts at stopping one, you can play freely without worrying about getting caught as long as you time it well. The ball bounces of the pitch like those classy drives, the trajectories they take are very realistic. Not only this but the modification to less edgy defense shot is a huge plus you will be able to use defense as an option and play the waiting game, it really opens up the possibilities and let you score freely and set your own pace.Batting is absolutely an enjoyable experience with this update.
these two ODI wheels should give you a idea of how enjoyable it is.

indengodi.jpg wjeel.jpg

will try to upload a video of all the classy shots and drives i was able to get tomorrow or something.

Last edited:
I think I'm starting to get the hang of Legend/Pro Cam No Markers. It still makes me rage at myself sometimes, but I'm getting runs at least!

96CvYR1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread