How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Now the runs are coming.. Scored a 200 in English county 4 day match. It wasn't exactly a chance-less innings. I pulled one to the fielder who dropped it when i was on 90 odd. that was the only chance i offered which is a big change in this new patch. i played my shots all around the wicket. I struggled when i came to the crease. It took me around 15 odd balls to get off the mark. This patch has made defense much better, but mind you, you still have to time it well. There were drives which went in the air, inside edges. The straight drives still go in the air once in a while, but i am ok with it. This innings still took a lot of focus and also my team mates played well so i had time to build up. I accelerated after scoring my 100. i got out on 200, played on to my stumps. Spending time on the wicket mattered more to me, Game time shows time at the crease is 5hrs 52 mins. I almost played 3 sessions, gave one chance..pretty happy. Previously I always used to nick one once in a while in pre patch game and had to slog more often so i don't get out defending. Great patch Big Ant. Gameplay feels good now..
2014-08-29_00002.jpg 2014-08-29_00003.jpg 2014-08-29_00008.jpg

What format was that in? I just got my third century (one for Tasmania, one for England, and one for Worcestershire) and I'm definitely not as aggressive as you, haha!

Third_Century.png

I'm playing first class and test though mostly, so if you're favouring limited overs then fair enough.

What format was that in? I just got my third century (one for Tasmania, one for England, and one for Worcestershire) and I'm definitely not as aggressive as you, haha!

Third_Century.png

I'm playing first class and test though mostly, so if you're favouring limited overs then fair enough.
county cricket(FC), at veteran.

county cricket(FC), at veteran.

Fair enough - you don't seem to care much about being caught, haha! To be fair, I played like that when I first started - smash the ball as far as possible as much as possible until I got out. I'm a lot more measured now though. Just passed 3000 first class runs with that last century, which is nice.

Seeing all those shots along the floor makes me jealous, I'm getting the DTs not being able to continue my career. Just keep staring at the ex-box rocking backward and forward saying "I need a fix, I need a fix, I need a fix on console"

Fair enough - you don't seem to care much about being caught, haha! To be fair, I played like that when I first started - smash the ball as far as possible as much as possible until I got out. I'm a lot more measured now though. Just passed 3000 first class runs with that last century, which is nice.
congrats , I just started my new career as a opening batsmen, passed 1000 fc runs during that ton.

here is my last innings(2d)(LIST A)
sadly got out for 99 :(
2014-08-30_00002.jpg )

Now into the T20 league play in my First season of English county. I totally suck at it, averaging around 10 in 4 games.. coming from a very good 4 day & 40 over games where I average around 50 in both formats. The longer versions of the game suits me more. Watch, defend, play for time, get set and score steady. I guess I have to slog again..

Yeah, I just see the T20 competitions as a massive nuisance really. Even the List A games feel like they're just getting in the way of letting me play the longer format.

It would be nice to be able to choose if you didn't want to be included in some of the limited overs teams.

I must admit I tend to play t20s as a way to build up the lesser skills in my batting all rounders bowling. As I have maxed out the leg break, I don't bowl it at all, I'm not a fan of t20 in real life, so to me its just a way to improve my bowling for test and first class cricket.

Had the chance to sit and enjoy a full 50 over state match vs QLD today without my monitor suddenly turning off (which makes DBC 14 crash) and not having work or anything interrupt the session. Buggered it up a bit by playing a shot from Zampa too early, nicking behind, but otherwise didn't give away any chances getting to the 50.

dtPmC0x.jpg

I must admit I tend to play t20s as a way to build up the lesser skills in my batting all rounders bowling. As I have maxed out the leg break, I don't bowl it at all, I'm not a fan of t20 in real life, so to me its just a way to improve my bowling for test and first class cricket.

Yeah, I've made a point for a couple of seasons now of trying to mainly bowl deliveries that my skills aren't as high for. It probably means I get a few less wickets, but it should pay off in the long run.

I also always do the practice nets between matches, because over time it makes a massive difference. But yeah, if I'm spending 60 balls in the nets for every T20 match, and in the match I maybe bowl for 4-5 overs, and usually don't bat at all (I'm at #7), and I then have about a dozen T20 matches in a row, it gets a bit annoying, haha! There's also so little time for the game to evolve or to really get involved in it, like I can with the first class matches. But yeah, I've taken just over 100 wickets in limited overs matches combined, so if it boosts my career totals in matches I don't otherwise care about, then that's a bit of compensation I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread