How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Started a Career for NSW as Only Batsmen in Veteran plays at #3.
Scored 85 of 113 Balls in First FC 1st innings tried to cut a ball through point but got caught.

having a great second season, got a 200:D.
here is the big wheel of the innings2014-08-30_00006.jpg 2014-08-30_00008.jpg
dismissed for 204

This innings is very similar to mine, in terms of runs & time.:thumbs
yep, i reached my 100 of 75, 50 in 25 balls, after that i started defending and rotating strike. finally got out caught behind while cutting the short ball.

Just remembered one of the best innings I played while playing against west indies. Needed 570 to win, we were 170-4 and ended up scoring 238 and leading my team to victory. Was playing on veteran :yes

Attachments

• DSC_0536.JPG
    DSC_0536.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Now that's more like it! I thought I was heading towards another century earlier but I edged behind on 96! :facepalm

It was my highest ever partnership of 165 though.
Yes , Batting like this gives you more satisfaction than scoring @200. i had 3 100 partnership during my 204,
first with Mickleburgh (128), 2nd with Bopara(100) and 3rd with Pettini (133).

Coming in at #7 with us still needing 347 to win against the West Indies, I wasn't too impressed, and decided to just smash my first ball as far as I could.

Untitled.png

I had no idea that it would be the start of my best innings to date. I was eventually caught and bowled for 123, but it was the manner of the performance that I really felt a sense of accomplishment with. Chasing 433, I'd come in at 86-5 and left us on 309-8. Eventually, we were all out for 372, and lost by 50 runs, but I'd made the highest score of the match and really carried my team along, giving us a real chance of winning the match, which had seemed like a lost cause when I came to the crease.

I went the opposite route, we were chasing 414 on the last day and i walked in at 108/2 at 2.30 pm, i was looking to go bonkers get a quickfire 50 or 100, but to my dismay, i saw 2 wickets fall in one over to spinner apanna, and we were 124/4 and i know if i got out trying to go for runs lower order will be exposed and we may loose easily, so i revised my strategy with just 3 hrs to go i decided to stone wall and let the lower order bat around me, there were some nervy moments in the middle with apana spinning becoming unplayable but i took it on myself to see him off and farm the strike so lower order could play the pace bowlers. aswin went after the bowling in the last 40 mins but it was too little and too late. Saw the team through the day with my grind of 35(146), felt great taking the team home avoiding defeat.This is the thing amazing about this game you get that sense of achievement when you achieve your goal cause the game makes you work for it.
wall1.jpg

wall2.jpg

I went the opposite route, we were chasing 414 on the last day and i walked in at 108/2 at 2.30 pm, i was looking to go bonkers get a quickfire 50 or 100, but to my dismay, i saw 2 wickets fall in one over to spinner apanna, and we were 124/4 and i know if i got out trying to go for runs lower order will be exposed and we may loose easily, so i revised my strategy with just 3 hrs to go i decided to stone wall and let the lower order bat around me, there were some nervy moments in the middle with apana spinning becoming unplayable but i took it on myself to see him off and farm the strike so lower order could play the pace bowlers. aswin went after the bowling in the last 40 mins but it was too little and too late. Saw the team through the day with my grind of 35(146), felt great taking the team home avoiding defeat.This is the thing amazing about this game you get that sense of achievement when you achieve your goal cause the game makes you work for it.
View attachment 129865

View attachment 129856
Great knock, after recent patch defending has become easy or I should say more realistic. Keep it up

ya defense is certainly a viable option now. but i left more deliveries(as in didnt press anything) than i defended in this one, i didnt want to give the slightest chance anything not coming to my stumps i kept leaving.

ya defense is certainly a viable option now. but i left more deliveries(as in didnt press anything) than i defended in this one, i didnt want to give the slightest chance anything not coming to my stumps i kept leaving.

Great innings there, just out of curiosity - are you also having spinners opening the new ball in FC and OD?

I downloaded these teams, but for some reason spinners like Jakati open the bowling against me.

im no 4 batsman in career, i have walked in a few times early in the innings and dont remember seeing spinners operating.But have seen them come in as first change a few times.

Coming in at #7 with us still needing 347 to win against the West Indies, I wasn't too impressed, and decided to just smash my first ball as far as I could.

Untitled.png

I had no idea that it would be the start of my best innings to date. I was eventually caught and bowled for 123, but it was the manner of the performance that I really felt a sense of accomplishment with. Chasing 433, I'd come in at 86-5 and left us on 309-8. Eventually, we were all out for 372, and lost by 50 runs, but I'd made the highest score of the match and really carried my team along, giving us a real chance of winning the match, which had seemed like a lost cause when I came to the crease.
I don't remember if I ever left a delivery alone, I swing or defend every thing unless I get beaten by some.

Got 93 of 57 last night chasing 299 in pro 40. I got out in 18th over with needing 152 of 135, i thought we will win easily as gambhir was going great ,but ai messed up big time and we lost by 99 :([DOUBLEPOST=1409457558][/DOUBLEPOST]
Great innings there, just out of curiosity - are you also having spinners opening the new ball in FC and OD?

I downloaded these teams, but for some reason spinners like Jakati open the bowling against me.
I have seen a few in all formats .
But always bowling the second over of the innings .

Users who are viewing this thread