How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Ended my first year with a decent run in ODs averaging 36 & having played only 13 innings in FC as I forfeited most of the FC games.

Guess what? Suddenly turned my pro-cam back for the last FC game before season end, I enjoyed it so much with patient knock of 60( for a brute batsman ;) ).

Loved it, as I was batting so freely in all the directions despite 2 spinners operating in first 10 overs. Spinners with new ball on a test match is so frustrating.

End of First Year Stats :
Helmet ranking 2 & 5675 career points earned( with 3954 earned only in OD games )

endoffirstyear.png

Season 4 and now seem to have become more consistent

Last 5 scores are 191,0,47,82,23

So finding batting better after the patch??
Absolutely, i can now play a wider variety of shots without being bothered about it going in the air.

I am tempted to start a new career. Maybe i'll wait for the patch 3 to roll out before deciding.

I'm currently fair way off from Domestic OD and T20 matches selection and long way off IPL.

Absolutely, i can now play a wider variety of shots without being bothered about it going in the air.

I am tempted to start a new career. Maybe i'll wait for the patch 3 to roll out before deciding.

I'm currently fair way off from Domestic OD and T20 matches selection and long way off IPL.
That's great to hear...

Just clean bowled a batsman through his legs. When I say through, I don't mean between. I mean the ball actually went through his legs, haha! I'm still taking it though! :lol

This new patch has totally changed the game for me, and in a very good way. Since timing of shots seems to have come more into play i am less kamikazi for the boundry and now work harder on playing each ball on its merrit. Definate thumbs up :thumbs

I also have found that sweet nirvana when batting, since the latest patch.
Batting is now a joy instead of a chore.
Balls played now go along the ground and the fielders no longer leap to snare anything close to them as they did in the past.

Couple with the change in career mode where you only level up when playing International games, it has to me, meant a completely different game than pre-patch.

Neil W

This new patch has totally changed the game for me, and in a very good way. Since timing of shots seems to have come more into play i am less kamikazi for the boundry and now work harder on playing each ball on its merrit. Definate thumbs up :thumbs
I also have found that sweet nirvana when batting, since the latest patch.
Batting is now a joy instead of a chore.
Balls played now go along the ground and the fielders no longer leap to snare anything close to them as they did in the past.

Couple with the change in career mode where you only level up when playing International games, it has to me, meant a completely different game than pre-patch.

Neil W
Great to see that you guys have been enjoying the game more after the patch which is a very good news as the game is moving more towards the balanced gameplay it needs...
Awesome..:thumbs :cheers

For first time, I am experiencing AI asking me to do more part-time bowling despite me being the pure opening batsman.

Have already bowled 6 overs in 2 ODs & 1 over in T20! Interesting tactic of part-timer options.

For first time, I am experiencing AI asking me to do more part-time bowling despite me being the pure opening batsman.

Have already bowled 6 overs in 2 ODs & 1 over in T20! Interesting tactic of part-timer options.
Agreed. I have also bowled the occasional 1-2 overs when the need be in OD and T20 matches. The logic is quite good. Let's see if i get more bowl if i do well

Agreed. I have also bowled the occasional 1-2 overs when the need be in OD and T20 matches. The logic is quite good. Let's see if i get more bowl if i do well

Yep, I am also curious on where it will end up after few seasons, i.e. whether there is any logic to convert part-timer to batting AR if we keep performing good down the lane after 5-6 seasons.

I was brought into bowl for the 3rd time in OD. I am loving this part-timer options, as it is relaxing to bowl despite being hit for runs. ;)

So were you having a lot of trouble getting runs on Pro before the patch? Maybe I'll give Pro another chance at some point but then again the difficulty increases during a career anyway doesn't it?
Yeah I was battling, kept getting caught, now I can play my shots regardless of fielder placement... as long as I time the shots correctly of course.

Users who are viewing this thread