How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Second season and now playing in the IPL and having an absolute blast. MOM'd the first game with three wickets and a solid 61. Second game didn't do that well on batting - a measly 11 off 9 - but four wickets pretty cheaply still got me MOM.

Third match: even better. Bowling short arm balls - and short anything else, really - is working a treat. 5-18 would have been enough to win MOM alone but then I followed it up in the second innings with this:

mMJyuT9.jpg

Gotta love it when you just take the odd 1's and 2's, hard slash anything a bit wide down to third man. Buvi Kumar then came on and gracefully bowled a few half-trackers just outside off stump, which I happily pumped ten rows deep into the crowd over point.

Ended up with an unbeaten 60 and a few more runs through cover. A completely chanceless innings to close out the match after strangling the bowlers in the first innings. Pretty happy with that.

whYfFDU.gif

Been in phenomenal form with the ball lately. I've taken 21 wickets in my last 3 first class matches, including my best match figures of 9-66. Just had my first call up to the Aussie 50 over competition, and proceeded to rip through the batsmen there as well, with my best ever innings figures of 7-11 (my previous best was 6-11 in first class interestingly). I took a wicket maiden with my first over, a triple wicket maiden later on, and a few others along the way.

I was taken out of the attack with only one wicket remaining for some reason, and they added a few runs at the end, which only served to let me come in with the bat needing to score 2 off 20 overs, haha! It was nice to hit the winning runs after that bowling performance, but I still didn't get MOTM somehow, haha!

Still, it's nice to know that the last half a season of struggling to take any wickets at all has paid off in the end. Same with the bat, where I averaged 5 over 34 innings at the start of the season, then finally found some form and got 3 quick hundreds, haha! Back to getting my average of 20-30 now though. I love the natural ups and downs on this game.

image.png

3 tons in a row
1st in list a then 2 in English t20 cup
139(LA)
2014-09-01_00001.jpg
1092014-09-03_00002.jpg

I find it hard to believe that you're playing on Veteran or Legend and making these quickfire centuries. There are so many lofted shots there, which are quite unforgiving for timing on the higher difficulties, especially at the start of your innings without the confidence built up a bit.

I really doubt that if you are capable of batting like that on the higher difficulties then you would have gotten 'whooped' online... I want to believe you, but I just don't and I know there's no real way for you to prove it.

I find it hard to believe that you're playing on Veteran or Legend and making these quickfire centuries. There are so many lofted shots there, which are quite unforgiving for timing on the higher difficulties, especially at the start of your innings without the confidence built up a bit.

I really doubt that if you are capable of batting like that on the higher difficulties then you would have gotten 'whooped' online... I want to believe you, but I just don't and I know there's no real way for you to prove it.
Its ok Buddy, If you have any problem with me sharing screenshots here , just say so i will stop. i don't want you doubt me every time i share anything here.
these innings are played on veteran. I suck at bowling big time , can't bowl shit, that's why i lost online games and it was all different in online games, not quite like career mode where you have one player to control.

edit i sucked at batting too in online games:yes

Last edited:
You are free to post whatever you like, and enjoy the game however you like. It's just that to me, these scores seem too good to be true for Veteran difficulty.

I'll leave it be though now :).

You are free to post whatever you like, and enjoy the game however you like. It's just that to me, these scores seem too good to be true for Veteran difficulty.

I'll leave it be though now :).
Its ok, i am not going anywhere, will surely make you believe.
but now i am taking a break from the game . will be focusing on mods for some time. You have been doing some great work in mods, I might need some help in that.

Its ok, i am not going anywhere, will surely make you believe.
but now i am taking a break from the game . will be focusing on mods for some time. You have been doing some great work in mods, I might need some help in that.
Thanks, and yeah if you need any help with mods then be sure to ask - I should be able to help when it comes to bats/stumps/balls :).

What's the full progression for the difficulty system again?

I can see how this could happen.

I play career on veteran and have started getting more comfortable with batting to the point where I'm ok batting against any bowler and annoyed when my player scores less than 30 in an innings.

And then playing online I absolutely suck. I can't bowl to save my life, the pace of the game feels very different, I constantly play off the wrong foot, I have to use right handers (my career players are all LH like me) so the whole package is just...different.

All I'm saying is that what he's posting is plausible.

Yeah, seeing people with innings comprised solely of smashed shots just doesn't seem right to me. People can play however they like, but I can't see how it's enjoyable.

Here was the screenshot I took of one of my hundreds for comparison.

Third_Century.png

Yeah, seeing people with innings comprised solely of smashed shots just doesn't seem right to me. People can play however they like, but I can't see how it's enjoyable.

Here was the screenshot I took of one of my hundreds for comparison.

Third_Century.png
these were t20 innings, in t20 I just swing and swing and swing till I get out. reason is I don't enjoy t20 as much i enjoy playing first class games, in which i am now trying to build innings by spending some quality time at the crease.

edit you have been a great inspiration for me in FC games. Thanks

Just got my first century in career mode :)
Pro 40 game smashed the league leaders worcestershire all around the park.
My first year on career, doing really well in t20 & pro 40 but I suck at county.
Probably because I'm scared to defend to many shots, loving the game so far, can't wait for the next console patch.

Users who are viewing this thread