How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Hey guys, I was just wondering, when people have been selected for their international team who has their player replaced in each side (T20, ODI, and Test)? I wonder how the game decides that. Based on batting/bowling averages and strike rates I suppose?

Whats up peeps?

Started a new career after patch 2 and Im in my second yr now and really feeling comfortable with batting and bowling. Stats are climbing nicely.

Im still looking for my 1st 100 in the game after patch 2 and in my new career....hard to believe i got 2 before patch 2 came out. Ive gotten so close but believe it will come after the new patch is out for console.

I started on PRO and within my 1st yr i got selected for my country so playing all games for my country on LEGEND and County games on Veteran. 20140904_130801.jpg 20140904_130904.jpg

Hey guys, I was just wondering, when people have been selected for their international team who has their player replaced in each side (T20, ODI, and Test)? I wonder how the game decides that. Based on batting/bowling averages and strike rates I suppose?

You replace the player in your spot in the lineup, irrespective of who that is.

So if you bat (say) number 4, you'll replace the number 4 batsman for your country. Even if that's the captain ...

You replace the player in your spot in the lineup, irrespective of who that is.

So if you bat (say) number 4, you'll replace the number 4 batsman for your country. Even if that's the captain ...

Wow, really? That's a bit odd. That would mean if you're selected for Australia you replace Clarke, their best batsman. Hmm. I think I'll change the batting order for Australia before I restart my career, in that case.

Wow, really? That's a bit odd. That would mean if you're selected for Australia you replace Clarke, their best batsman. Hmm. I think I'll change the batting order for Australia before I restart my career, in that case.

Yeah, that's what I do - setup the lineups for the Firebirds and New Zealand so that I'm replacing someone not great (or at least someone that I'd want to replace)

It's not ideal, and maybe in the next iteration we'll get some heuristics for batting lineups (and ideally replacements so players can retire, and maybe even injuries - although I'm ambivalent about injuries, because I don't really want to have to "wait" while my guy recovers), but it's what we've got given the freezing of lineups that occurs when you start a career.

Have to say that I am on a great run in career back to back hundreds...On in P40 and another in county test....:D

Update: In the P40 scored 155 from 110 balls and now playing that county match on 114* off 133 balls....Hoping to reach my first double century...:D

Would like to add that it would be great if @Ross could add waving the bat to audience when the career batsman and even for normal matches when they score 60+ and get out and add a great applause from the audience....That would add the feel of playing a great innings....:)

Scored 147 on veteran on my debut, never had a better moment on Don Bradman. I was sitting in the nineties feeling the tension then the sense of relief when I passed a ton was just brilliant. Manage 2 50 partnership's and also a 100 partnership as well to add to the matter. Hopefully this is the first of many in my career.

dave.jpg

1/14 in 4 overs [K Roach]
68 (86)
0/30-odd in 14 overs (Windies 2/250, Gayle has 150+)
Haha, Gayle went on to score a triple on us and the almighty Windies put up 850 runs! We ended up losing the match by 500+ runs. I think I ended with 3/120 for the match and scored another 60 runs in the fourth innings. The next match was a different story. I only took 4 wickets for not very much but we won the match by a good margin. The series was played on a batter's paradise though so with 7 wickets I was the 2nd highest wicket taker in the match. Test averages after 2 matches - 47 batting and 32 bowling. Not terrible for my debut series.

Back to leading Sussex then, we just played an incredible match against...um the team with a Viking badge. I decided to bowl first due to some green I noted on the pitch and it ended up being a great decision as we bowled them out for 188. We proceeded to throw away a good start and were bowled out for 218. At this point we should've had the advantage since we're loaded with fast bowlers. But unfortunately for us the pitch seemed to have dried which allowed them to bat on and on, and our only spinner is Yardy. They amassed 430, giving us a target of 401 in less than 4 sessions.

This is the amazing part. Nash and Wells opened and both tonned up. I came in at 280/4 and we were already almost in to the last session of the last day. I started off aggressively but Prior was blocking everything on the other end (grrrr) so I ran the little shit out. Ben Brown is usually more aggressive regardless of the situation anyway. The tactic worked! Brown and I put on a fast 90 run partnership to take the score very close before I was bowled out. All someone had to do was hit a four and we were golden.

The end result? We successfully chased down 400 with 9 balls to spare!

I love this game.

Just about to start my third year and finally I have been picked by England to make my test debut against Pakistan. I am playing as batting all rounder, it's been a really enjoyable experience getting this far and there is a sense of achievement making the step upto International Level. Looking forward to playing tonight.

Ive done it! Ive done it! Ive done it! :cheers:clap:thumbs:wave;) My Greatest Day in Cricket Gaming History!

Finally my 1st Century!

The perfect day! We had a 3 series ODI against Zimbabwe and i just got made Captain of the ODI team for South Africa. So my 1st game as Captain I got my 1st ton!!!
It was nerve recking as Zim have alot of Medium pace bowlers and we all know they are a nightmare to face, but i stuck it out and batted patiently. My heart was racing as i got to the 90's. WOW!!!
Ive never lasted so long as i came in in the 6th over and lasted to the 34th over of the match.

What i cant believe is ive never got a century on PRO for my Domestic side (Warriors) or on Veteran for my County side Warickchire.

It came on Legend for my National side SOuth Africa as Captain.

Greatest feeling ever!!!

PS: I fkng LOVE this game

20140905_110046.jpg

What i cant believe is ive never got a century on PRO for my Domestic side (Warriors) or on Veteran for my County side Warickchire.

It came on Legend for my National side SOuth Africa as Captain.

You'll be wanting to update your game then. :p

Yes i cant wait for the update!! I just said a day ago that i think ill prob get that 1st ton when i get the update cause ive come so close. I must say i feels like a great achievement getting it before the new patch is out for console cause it sounds much easier to bat on Legend and veteran with the patch.

Either way im the happiest guy ever!! Time to crack open a beer

Ah, fair enough, I forget some people are playing on console, haha! Well it's a better innings than my last one. Going on at a leisurely pace eating my lunch and then being caught behind off a bouncer that came off my top glove, haha! I'm on about 475 career wickets and 4500 career runs though so going well.

Users who are viewing this thread