How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

PremierBatsman

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Muahahaha I did it I finally scored a ton 114 off 95 balls before ronie hira got me leading edging to mid on, also today I scored 3 70s an 80 and a 94 I'm in form!

kusudial

School Cricketer
Career Green bit

hi
i just want to know when will the green bit on the radar for jump input will increase

nbutlerps

School Cricketer
Would like to know that also. I am killing it bowling, taken about 250 wickets. Hasnt changed at all.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
got my 3rd t20 50, taking it up to 66 which is now my highest score in any format. getting attention in aus 50 over and t20, fair way off IPL, long way off england odi/t20, no chance of aus state or eng test

was a really good innings as it came of the back of 2 poor innings, 4 and 0, where i managed to run myself out without facing a ball, after i'd started the t20 season with a couple of 20s and 30.

seems to be my format, sadly. need to get the blocks out in 4 dayers.

munsta101

School Cricketer
Wicket-keeper/Batsman

How am I doing in my career?

Well, getting there, slowly.

I am in to my third season (18yo) as a wicket-keeper/batman and am now starting to score 30+ more consistently.

As I do not bowl (the easy bit), I am not being considered for any higher honours, and nor should I with List A average of 14 and a First Class average of 11.

My first season was a lot of single figure scores, with a couple of 20's and a 67. My second season was mainly scores between 11 and 30, with a high score of 40. Although half the season was played under the influence of alcohol (St Peter's Old Style Porter).

Well in to my third season now & have a top score of 78 and am actually making some useful contributions to the team (Gloucestershire). List A games seem to be easier than First Class, which is how it should be.

The less said about the T20's the better. Average of 3. Hardly ever actually get a bat (batting at 6).

Am quite comfortable against any type of bowler. Obviously you have less time to think with Fast bowlers, but then it is easier to mis-time a spinner and get caught. But have scored a load of runs against all types.

Monty Panesar gets me out every time though...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
How am I doing in my career?

Well, getting there, slowly.

I am in to my third season (18yo) as a wicket-keeper/batman and am now starting to score 30+ more consistently.

As I do not bowl (the easy bit), I am not being considered for any higher honours, and nor should I with List A average of 14 and a First Class average of 11.

My first season was a lot of single figure scores, with a couple of 20's and a 67. My second season was mainly scores between 11 and 30, with a high score of 40. Although half the season was played under the influence of alcohol (St Peter's Old Style Porter).

Well in to my third season now & have a top score of 78 and am actually making some useful contributions to the team (Gloucestershire). List A games seem to be easier than First Class, which is how it should be.

The less said about the T20's the better. Average of 3. Hardly ever actually get a bat (batting at 6).

Am quite comfortable against any type of bowler. Obviously you have less time to think with Fast bowlers, but then it is easier to mis-time a spinner and get caught. But have scored a load of runs against all types.

Monty Panesar gets me out every time though...

So you play for glos and drink St. Peter's... Top top man!

gslice1

School Cricketer
Finally scored my first century today (after scores of 91, 91 and 96) and went on to get 155 whilst trying to chase down 550 odd against Hampshire. Managed a 200 run partnership with Cooky, we held on for the draw in the end. Was lovely.

Getting closer to a contract with the BBL, having helped Essex win both the T20 and the Pro40. Things are finally looking up for my 20 year old. Glad I powered through the frustration phase and now really enjoying this game.

Hacky28

School Cricketer
In my second season currently. 17yo named captain of QLD shield and ryobi cup teams. Won BBL 1st season for hobart hurricanes and won BBL, shield and ryobi cup in the second season.

After winning those i was selected to tour sri lanka in the test and one day teams for australia. Really struggling with the jump from pro to veteran with timing the release and jump points. Struggling on a whole with batting. high score of around 32 batting at 7

PremierBatsman

Club Cricketer
A couple of people have I think. The real question is has anyone made it as a pure batsmen or wicketkeeper batsmen.

I'm getting close to playing for nzl for odi and t20 as a pure batsman, I'm "19" and I got a green number 2 skill helmet woot, averages are going up too

gerrievr

School Cricketer
I am in the second year of my career. Going on good - scored my first 100 in a 50 over match a couple of games back. Averaging 33.00 in T20 games and 35.00 in 50 over games. But in the 4 day games I have an average of about 12.00.

Now my question is: Is selection for teams based on your stats or on your form? Or a combination of the two? Sorry if this has been answered before.

smasta

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yesterday, I was playing my first match in 3rd of my career. It was Victoria (my team) Vs Queensland. Queensland scored 237 in first innings and Victoria 258 with my contribution of 63.
In second inning Queensland scored 255 and had lead of 234. When I simulated to my career player I got batting at 4/47. I lost one more wicket at 159. finally I took the match to 200 scoring 89.
I was trying to keep the strike as much as possible and the other guy was playing at 13 on 29 balls.
Suddenly in a over I thought to rotate strike as we were nearing victory and I do not want run or play aggressively.
Over 54.1 score 5/201 and I have gone to non-striker.
54.2 - Bowled - 6/201
54.3 - Lbw - 7/201
54.4 - Bowled - 8/201
54.5 - caught behind - 9/201
54.6 - Caught at mid-on
Game OVER. I felt completely cheated happened first time to me. First time I saw this kind of AI where I became spectator only. Completely mad :mad and furious on this loss in my first game in third year of my career, especially when I was playing so well.

madman981

Club Captain
Just turned it off for the night on 100* second game into the 3rd season for the vics

Gunna post me stats tomorrow, its been a solid weekend og dbc14

I turned this puppy into 210!! My greatest ever innings!!

Unfortunately i backed it up with scores if 0, 2, 6, 22!!

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So I finally got that international stardom achievement and oh what a feeling! International cricket is tough. Made my debut in a ODI series vs Aus for SA. The pace is much harder to deal with and the timing window is so much smaller. I'm averaging almost 60 in all domestic cricket as a 17 year but boy I am finding the jump to international a lot tougher. Granted that is the way it should be.

My debut ended caught behind for 12 off 16. You really need to pick your shots a lot more carefully. I have finished three ODIs and my highest score is a hard fought 33 averaging 25.33. Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks @BigAntStudios!

Users who are viewing this thread