How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Vibration for edges? is that a possibility, cant tell myself whether I have hit some fine edges, different vibrations for how thick the edge is

I topped the second division of the County Championship in my first season with Hampshire. I'm just starting the Australian domestic season now. I was wondering if you'd noticed if Promotion/relegation exists in the CC? Will I still be in the second division when I get back for the start of next season?

You'll get bumped up to division 1 if you topped the tables of division 2. I played as Northamptonshire before my save died, same deal as yourself we came 1st overall in division 2, next season we were in division 1 playing against the different teams.

You'll get bumped up to division 1 if you topped the tables of division 2. I played as Northamptonshire before my save died, same deal as yourself we came 1st overall in division 2, next season we were in division 1 playing against the different teams.

Great, thanks for the answer. Sorry you lost your save. Hope mine survives...

I just want ask a question about how people are playing career mode.

I have seen lots of People saying they are In year 5, 10 or more of career mode. Are people actually playing all of the games? I am only a casual gamer these days really but I have been trying to clock up a few hours every night or so in career mode since release as an all rounder. I have only just finished the first season. I can't imagine getting through to year 10 or more at this point it is taking forever.

I have seen lots of People saying they are In year 5, 10 or more of career mode. Are people actually playing all of the games? I am only a casual gamer these days really but I have been trying to clock up a few hours every night or so in career mode since release as an all rounder. I have only just finished the first season. I can't imagine getting through to year 10 or more at this point it is taking forever.

Most of them are either playing nonstop or are terrible batsmen so they just sim most of the time.

Hmmm.. good question. I'd probably use the leaderboard to gauge how many people are realistically ploughing through the seasons and actually playing matches or simulating most of their matches instead.

I'm in my 4th season (20 years old) and around 17th on the leaderboard, so i'd imagine most of the guys from 1-50 on the leaderboard if they are actually playing will only really be in their 2nd-5th/6th season. Most of the career points really start piling up after season 2 or 3 when you get offers from other leagues and become captain etc. So i'm assuming most people who have gone through loads of seasons are actually doing really bad, don't have many points and just simulating alot of their matches rather than playing/getting to the grips of the game/performing etc.

Last edited:
Scored 162 not out and 122 in my last Shield game and took match figures of 2/7 off 5 overs (not many overs for a bowling all-rounder but my player would've needed the rest).

My FC average as a result of this game has shot up from 44 to 104! :D

Hmmm.. good question. I'd probably use the leaderboard to gauge how many people are realistically ploughing through the seasons and actually playing matches or simulating most of their matches instead.

I'm in my 4th season (20 years old) and around 17th on the leaderboard, so i'd imagine most of the guys from 1-50 on the leaderboard if they are active playing will only really be in their 2nd-5th/6th season. Most of the career points really start piling up after season 2 or 3 when you get offers from other leagues and become captain etc. So i'm assuming most people who have gone through loads of seasons are actually doing really bad, don't have many points and just simulating alot of their matches rather than playing/getting to the grips of the game/performing etc.

This is going to sound rediculous but I didn't even realise you could simulate matches! I probably would have skipped a few first class games by now as being an all rounder I end up with a heavy bowling workload when I really just want to keep working on my batting. I must investigate further I must have missed a simple button cue.

Have you found that as your stats get better batting is becoming easier (and hence keep generating better stats) im hoping my batting will start to get a bit easier than grinding out scores in the teens off fourth five balls.

This is going to sound rediculous but I didn't even realise you could simulate matches! I probably would have skipped a few first class games by now as being an all rounder I end up with a heavy bowling workload when I really just want to keep working on my batting. I must investigate further I must have missed a simple button cue.
You can't simulate past your involvement. You can forfeit matches to skip them, but otherwise you need to play everything.

I just finished my fifth year of my career - as a bowler starting on Veteran difficulty - I'm sure I've put 50+ hours into it (any chance of including a counter @BigAntStudios?), helped by vacation time just as the game came out and a bunch of late nights.

Others, might just be playing as bowlers on the Pro difficulty, rolling teams out for 40, having no real challenge and racking up the points in a short space of time.

---

Anyway, speaking of finishing my fifth year - I just won the Sheffield Shield, though didn't realise it until the match finished and there was the ceremony.

kpQ3f6k.jpg

Still quite a distance off selection - had a comparatively bad year, only adding ~6000 points, with no MOTMs and only one 5 wicket haul. My stats are great though - in FC I lead the competition on strike rate and average.

Just got my first century. Boom! What an exciting, stressful experience. I love how hard you have to work and concentrate in this game.

I'm in my first year, round 5 of the 50 Over Cup. I made 100 (73), then blocked out to end up on 101* (82). I was gunning hard for the NO! I'm a batting all-rounder at number 6. I didn't get to bowl until the opposition were 7 down, but still took 2-0 from one before we secured the win. I imagine I was then lifted and carried off the ground to roaring cheers, or something like that.

It was much more enjoyable than the 9/28 and 16/34 I got in a Shield match. I'd rather make 50 and take 4 wickets than dominate with the ball.

I'm doing much better the second time around, after my first short-lived career was over. I rarely go without a 5WI/10WM and can generally score 30 - 50 runs. I earned 30k in my first year last time, an I have 26k after 5/7 rounds this time. I'm now averaging 50.67 with the bat and 3.03 with the ball in this format (as opposed to 14.78 and 3.29 in the Domestic Shield).

I definitely prefer spin, medium then fast-medium. I still premeditate a bit, but I leave anything that I know might get me in trouble. Slowly getting the hang of it.

I love this game.

Attachments

• IMG_2884.JPG
    IMG_2884.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2889.JPG
    IMG_2889.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2890.JPG
    IMG_2890.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2894.JPG
    IMG_2894.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2895.JPG
    IMG_2895.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 13
Bagged a MOTM in a losing effort to South Africa where I took 6 wickets (including my bunny alviro petersen per innings :lol) and made a career best 68* batting at no.10

Between myself, peter siddle and nathan lyon we managed to put on ~150 runs before both had brain farts and cost us the game...

Others, might just be playing as bowlers on the Pro difficulty, rolling teams out for 40, having no real challenge and racking up the points in a short space of time.

---

I was under the impression the difficulty increased as you went. least it says that in the start up screen.

I hope so, I'm finding it very easy right now, I've just completed my first season (did the english then selected for the australian shield) and I'm average about 8 with a SR of 14.

I was hoping that it got a lot harder with time, I don't want to start another new season as a bowler because it takes ages, I already did that with the patch. if it just stays on pro though this going to be pointlessly easy.

You should play as a batsman. I started as an allrounder but soon found out the ease of bowling. Now I am a number four pure batsman having to earn every run I make.

I was under the impression the difficulty increased as you went. least it says that in the start up screen.
Yeah, it goes up once you reach international level, but by that point you've probably built up enough skill points to make it an easier step up.

The progression stuff just seems wrong for people starting on Pro, it's basically just a shortcut to the international stuff for those who get the hang of things early. I have some sympathy for those trying to get batting careers, batting is clearly tougher than bowling - but the balance seems off.

On the flip side, my career starting on veteran difficulty seems to be shaping up perfectly - after 5 years, I'm getting close to being selected to play county cricket, I'd imagine in 5 more years I'll make it to the international level - and then have 10 years of cricket at the top level, with cameos in the IPL nearer the end of that.

That sounds like a pretty close replication of a lot of cricket careers, and is probably why I'm enjoying the career mode so much, because I'm right on that point where I have good and bad matches against the AI, but am normally headed in the right direction for skills and selection chances.

Users who are viewing this thread