How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
...and the spinners, don't bloody get me started on them!

I love the spinners! But I'm clearly in the minority on that one.

Sweep until they put a guy at point/square leg then either block out or drive.

My preferred blowing order is Medium, Spin, Fast Medium then the dreaded Fast.

I've got my first ever career hundred. 37 balls against the easiest team in a first class game, Glamorgan (lots of medium pacers). I got out for 105.

I've got my first ever career hundred. 37 balls against the easiest team in a first class game, Glamorgan (lots of medium pacers). I got out for 105.

yeah my average against Glamorgan in all formats is borderline obscene... think 90% of my innings against them have been 50s plus several of those were not outs.

I've got selected to play for bangladesh in a ODI series against Pakistan!!!! :clap after my 77 in T20 quarter final though we lost that match.

In my 4th season and still only two career 50's, both first class. Making marginal improvement as my career averages are now just under ten in all 3 formats. :)

Was so hacked off the other night after a double failure in a FC game, I played a pro40 game and decided to just go for it. Got 33 off 19 balls and thought 'hey, I've found the right approach'...haven't made double figures since :lol

Sweep until they put a guy at point/square leg then either block out or drive.

I tried this too against spinners, but now I get caught behind while sweeping or get lbw :mad .. how the hell will I be able to play spinners!!

Career going well!

On the verge of selection for England test! Still a 1 rating though :-(
First Class Career

Batting

Matches: 26
Innings: 42
Not Out: 8
Runs: 2103
Top Score: 168
Average: 61.85
Balls Faced: 2384
Strike Rate: 88.21
Hundreds: 9
Fifties: 9
Ducks: 2
Fours: 260
Sixes: 21

Bowling & Fielding

Balls Bowled: 3348
Wickets: 238
Runs: 1481
Average: 6.22
Economy: 2.65
Strike Rate: 14.07
5WI: 31
10WM: 12
BBI: 8/8
BBM: 15/36
Maidens: 90
Catches: 7

----------

My advice on batting is.....

Front foot always to spinners... Play late you have more time than you think.
Play leg spin and sla with a straight bat. Sweeping is easier with finger spin and inexperienced low rev spinners.

Medium is easiest to face but play sensibly and pick gaps and only play sits when pitched in the right area.

Fast I play on the back foot.

2nd ODi against Pakistan, I played a mistimed agrresive shot on my stumps. I put my hand on my.. :facepalm then I witnessed the most bizzare thing on a cricket field, Batsman given not out. It certainly wasnt a no ball. But Everyone acted as if nothing ever happened. It doesn't stop there, as it was an agressive shot my batsman got bothe his feets out of the crease and stayed there in a static possition while the bowler came running in. He picked the ball and removed the bails. Surely out this time? Nope. No one appealed... Again.

Surely a bug.

Just got called up to play for Australia, at 16. The pressure's on now!

L4uFweb.jpg

Shame I don't look 16.

I tried this too against spinners, but now I get caught behind while sweeping or get lbw :mad .. how the hell will I be able to play spinners!!

Try playing a late cut shot.

Attachments

• IMG_2964.JPG
    IMG_2964.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
@surendar - Excellent advice on using Pro camera view man.. Tried this out in a 4 day County game yesterday - ambled my way to a leisurely & risk-free 79 ball 100 - my 3rd century overall. Got out at 111 trying to play a nudge to 3rd man in the hunt for quick runs. :D
It is very easy to time the ball in 'Pro'view - especially the spinners. Also the degree of premeditation goes down significantly making us feel in control.

Only issues I have with the pro mode is that it is quite strenuous on the eyes (the jerky movements of the batter's head) & the difficulty in judging a run immediately after playing a shot (using Running cam). Also would be great if Big Ant provides us with an option in the future to disable pro mode camera when we are at the non-striker's end - not sure why its required when we are not facing. (I understand that we can manually change the camera every time the strike changes but it will be too tedious)

This "motion sickness" while using 'Pro Cam' is the reason I haven't used the camera angle even though I would love to play using it. I tried it a couple of times and didn't enjoy the experience much. If Big Ant turn off the 'Pro Cam' view at the non-striker's end and go with the normal broadcast camera angle for the same, you will see a lot of people start using the 'Pro Cam' view.

Won't make it for this patch but we will look at it for the next.

Had a dream season. 6 OD fifties and 2 hundreds. Got VB to the finals and lost. Won Adelaide Strikers the championship with fliers.
Bangladesh ODI and T20 - fair way off
English T20 - expecting selection
IPL - very close
English P40 - very close

This is only as a batsman so no bowling.
Is it good?

towards the end of my 4th season, my curent stats are:

123974d1400192839-how-you-doing-your-career-dbc14-current-stats-5.png

Attachments

• DBC14 Current Stats 5.png
    DBC14 Current Stats 5.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 137
Only issues I have with the pro mode is that it is quite strenuous on the eyes (the jerky movements of the batter's head) & the difficulty in judging a run immediately after playing a shot (using Running cam).

Right, I am getting on what you were saying. Though we can't do anything much about it, what I do to mitigate is - I count the fielders in ring whenever it starts from that angle & when my head is turned to runner-up, I would be curiously seeing the bowling crease to see whether bowler is over-stepping while bowling. In this way, I am not feeling too much strain on my eyes as I deviate and do something else during those non strikers' time. In terms of running, I just wait until I get sight of the clear gap and still we will manage to take 1's, 2's and 3's.

Am not saying it is too perfect, but I am ready to compensate these difficulties as batting in pro-cam - NOTHING can beat to it, you just play your real cricket and I am not even getting interested to play in other camera angles now. :p

Users who are viewing this thread