How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Did anyone notice the change of pace from fast or fast medium bolwers which decrease drastically and is slower than a spin bowler. I got out yesterday to medium pace bolwer who bowled the first ball at 110.5KPH, second ball 93 KPH and the third ball was 88 KPH and I got out in the third ball. I waited to see his pace in his next ball to the AI batsman and it was 105KPH again. I felt cheated here. Please fix the change of pace issue for the bowlers.

In great form. Scored 5 consecutive 50s in the OD games and a 67 and 78 for the Adelaide Strikers. Not interested in FC just throwing the bat around. Strike rate is 243 in the BBL

Maybe restart again as a batting all rounder but as a medium or fast bowler
thinking might be much more of a challenge

If you are any good then no - most wickets will still be to mid on/off after yet another AI slogathon

after a truly horrific start to the BBL season (48 runs from 4 matches at an average of 12), i just got my 2nd t20 ton, 3rd career ton overall - 103.

Still haven't picked up the elusive ton in season two. Have found batting in English p40 much better as ai partners seem to be less bone headed. Last night we recpvered from 64/5 to chase down 258 thanks to a 159,run partnership with me making 68. I am wondering whether the real issue behind bonehead ai batting came from the skills people have given players rather than the game itself. Michael trott played magnificently for 110 not out and rotated strike/played to the field.

Did anyone notice the change of pace from fast or fast medium bolwers which decrease drastically and is slower than a spin bowler. I got out yesterday to medium pace bolwer who bowled the first ball at 110.5KPH, second ball 93 KPH and the third ball was 88 KPH and I got out in the third ball. I waited to see his pace in his next ball to the AI batsman and it was 105KPH again. I felt cheated here. Please fix the change of pace issue for the bowlers.

Ummmm... I don't see the problem with this.. bowlers change their pace on a bowl-by-bowl basis in real life all the time. My career medium pacer goes through the speeds you mentioned even when I'm not intending (due to my error in timing or just the skill of my bowler being able to maintain consistancy).

110 - 88 is not a drastic change of pace, it is noticible, and so it should, but it's not like it's going down to 40kph.

Playing the 2nd round of the 3rd Year of T20 Cup in England, Made a nice little 26* from 27 balls against Northamtonshire :lol two reason for my slow innings;

1) Scored only an 8 in the previous innings so I was extra cautious not get out for cheap as that would mean my average going down quite a bit.

2) Worcestershire slumped to 92-6 in the 13th over from being 77-0 :eek: thanks to gareth andrew who blusted away in the death overs 46* (19) we got to a competitive total of 161-6. Won the match in the end but only just by 5 runs!!! I got man of the match for my patient 26* and 3 wicket while bowling.

But other then that, I am doing great in the longer formats. Got a couple of centuries and 3/4 fifties in County and doing even better in P40 with an average close to 50 with a hundred and 2 fifties after 8 matches this season.

Last edited:
@surendar - Excellent advice on using Pro camera view man.. Tried this out in a 4 day County game yesterday - ambled my way to a leisurely & risk-free 79 ball 100 - my 3rd century overall. Got out at 111 trying to play a nudge to 3rd man in the hunt for quick runs. :D
It is very easy to time the ball in 'Pro'view - especially the spinners. Also the degree of premeditation goes down significantly making us feel in control.

Only issues I have with the pro mode is that it is quite strenuous on the eyes (the jerky movements of the batter's head) & the difficulty in judging a run immediately after playing a shot (using Running cam). Also would be great if Big Ant provides us with an option in the future to disable pro mode camera when we are at the non-striker's end - not sure why its required when we are not facing. (I understand that we can manually change the camera every time the strike changes but it will be too tedious)

what about the career rebooters?

ya know the ones on your friend list, whom log on every 5mins and start playing bradman every 5 mins

I would love to see an auto-save feature to not only stop 'cheating' but to also help with the occasional 'black screen of death'.

I wonder how many people would score 300 or 400 if the game auto-saved immediately after a wicket?

If you are any good then no - most wickets will still be to mid on/off after yet another AI slogathon

Tru that but last night 6 wickets i took as not caught at mid on or off at all

leftie came in, inswinger to him on just outside off stump, thick thick edge to 5ths slip, that was sweet

2 catches at square leg and nice bolwed as well, batter playing down wrong line (middle order batsman)

This pro cam has got me interested, Im waiting for my next FC game too try it out, at the moment i am involved in a 3 match T20 series against the WIndies and Im too scared too try it out

I tell ya, the step up in level between T20I and ODI's is unbelievable at the moment

Ive hit 4 T20I fifties with a highest score of 93 in 8 games

In ODI's i suck, 10 matches with a highest score of 29, man, they swing the ball a mile... and the spinners, dont bloody get me started on them!!

in the next iteration of DBC, can we have a button/ability to kick/tap the trickling ball away from the stumps

so many times i get hit in the helmet/pads and have 2 seconds of spare time to watch the ball trickle onto the base of the stumps in what feels like slow motion death:lol

This pro cam has got me interested, Im waiting for my next FC game too try it out, at the moment i am involved in a 3 match T20 series against the WIndies and Im too scared too try it out

I tell ya, the step up in level between T20I and ODI's is unbelievable at the moment

Ive hit 4 T20I fifties with a highest score of 93 in 8 games

In ODI's i suck, 10 matches with a highest score of 29, man, they swing the ball a mile... and the spinners, dont bloody get me started on them!!

ha ha! I know what you mean. I crap myself everytime I see they are bringing a spinner on! I let my batting partner have all the time he wants!

Users who are viewing this thread