How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Maybe it's different captaincy in the county system, but I've noticed that now I'm on the 3 helmet, I'm getting a lot more regular bowling spells - basically as soon as I've recovered back to a bit over half way, I'm put back on.

That's good in that I get a few more chances to bowl and get taken off less often - but also means I struggle through latter overs with no speed because the captain doesn't let me rest.

Also finally got to play my first matches at the English grounds - seemingly the home matches for Surrey were set to Melbourne or something? Suppose the luck and draw of Get Best...

Obviously county cricket also helps boost your chances - I'm now 'Getting Attention' for the test team:

MIPY9k1.jpg

Hey Guys, how do we get the helmet number increased in the career screen. Even in my first career as bowling allrounder, I gained more than 140,000 career points in one & half years or so. But helmet number still remained in 1 even after I got selected to play for the International team.

Maybe it's different captaincy in the county system, but I've noticed that now I'm on the 3 helmet, I'm getting a lot more regular bowling spells - basically as soon as I've recovered back to a bit over half way, I'm put back on.

That's good in that I get a few more chances to bowl and get taken off less often - but also means I struggle through latter overs with no speed because the captain doesn't let me rest.

Also finally got to play my first matches at the English grounds - seemingly the home matches for Surrey were set to Melbourne or something? Suppose the luck and draw of Get Best...

Obviously county cricket also helps boost your chances - I'm now 'Getting Attention' for the test team:

MIPY9k1.jpg

So does your ranking? or "helmet number" increase with age or skill? because I got selected for India's test team at 17 (not selected for ODi or T20 yet) and got a 5 wicket haul including Smith, Peterson, ABD and Kallis (Counts for something doesn't it) and I'm still a rank 1 :(

Helmet rating is entirely based on how full your skill bars are - this is mine from a few matches back:
OnKxMLb.png

And for comparison - when I reached rank 2:
Xfhd9zq.jpg

Sounds good, I'm almost 3/4 up on my googly skill and over a 1/2 for my flight, maybe I get to a rating of 2 now :D

Started my first career mode as a batting all rounder but changed since I started to get bored of bowling over after over in first class matches.. so my 2nd career mode I am playing as an opening batsman and in my first t20 match Ive been given the ball to bowl and in that very over I take a hatrick... seems Im just as good in bowling as I was in my first career..

On the other hand I managed to score some runs.. 2 centuries in first class 1 50 and 1 double century in list A and 2 50s in t20

last 4 FC innings, all out under 30 played on :(

Would suggest to try pro-cam. I am enjoying singles rotation and playing it on time. I was getting the timings right( not too perfect but close to good ) with far batsman camera view, but after I changed to pro-cam for last couple of days, I feel I am learning new thing every shot I play with complete control over defensive strokes & leaving the ball to wicket keeper.

Would suggest to try pro-cam. I am enjoying singles rotation and playing it on time. I was getting the timings right( not too perfect but close to good ) with far batsman camera view, but after I changed to pro-cam for last couple of days, I feel I am learning new thing every shot I play with complete control over defensive strokes & leaving the ball to wicket keeper.

i'll give it a go - i use close batsman. in CA nets i found pro-cam had blind spots.

Oh boy, loving the pro-cam. Last 100 runs for me, I am scoring in realistic way. Marched to 350* runs now & my skip is yet to declare. Currently we are 506/8 with massive lead.

Highlights of this Innings :

• 352* from 213 balls.
  • 3 century partnerships - 149 for 4th wicket, 146 for 5th wicket, 129 for 7th wicket. In that 7th wicket partnership, myself & AI(my partner) dominated equally where AI was dismissed on 48 runs from 61 balls.

So Continued my innings, and ended up with 400 runs. As my skipper was no longer in mood to give any forms of declaration message - I started going blindly and got dismissed for 412 runs on next day.

I was the last wicket to go, felt so good for having batted the whole day. I came into bat when we were 3/17 & got dismissed as last wicket on total score of 580 runs. Great experience.

Highlights of this Innings :

• 412 Runs from 260 balls. Back to Back tons - 106 in first innings & 412 in second innings.
  • 3 century partnerships - 149 for 4th wicket, 146 for 5th wicket, 129 for 7th wicket. In that 7th wicket partnership, myself & AI(my partner) dominated equally where AI was dismissed on 48 runs from 61 balls.
  • Too many awards given out at end of match, closing to 1500 XP points from this match alone. :D

Its time to take a day break before continuing to play my next match.:thumbs

Finished my final CC match in my bowler career and got a Sheffield Shield invite so now playing the Aus season before I finish my first year. Just FC sadly...

Finding more bounce. A lot of balls that were getting bowleds and lbws in England are now bouncing over. Have scored a few runs but getting fed up with all the caught behinds!

Managed to break into Indian odi and T20 teams in my 6th season. Am a core member of Pro40 & English T20, and a regular member of IPL, Indian odi and indian T20 teams.

Don't care about FC anymore and generally throw my bat around to get through FC games as soon as possible, as shorter formats is what's more fun in career mode. I guess I will play Tests in the user/human vs AI mode when patch 2 comes out, and focus on shorter formats in career mode.

Haven't managed to get a 100 for more than a season now and still stuck on 9 100s (4 in FC & 5 in List A), though manage to get 50s on a regular basis. I guess as I get better against spinners, my conversion rate will improve. Spinners still pose me plenty of difficulty. I made my intl odi debut against SL in a 5 match odi series and got out nearly every time in 20s & 30s coz I managed to get a start and then Herath & Mendis would come on after the 10th over and knock me over. Simply can't get the timing against spinners right and feedback mechanism would go a long way in helping improve the batting as I've no clue whether I edge behind when I'm early, late or in either case.

...or if everyone just wants to ignore my question that'd be alright too.

Users who are viewing this thread