How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
My point was more that if you're smashing double centuries as a 16 year old or whatever, how exactly are you supposed to improve on that later in your career? There's no progression presumably, you can do worse basically. Just seems a bit pointless in terms of trying to work for something over a longer period of time.

Got my 8th career 50 earlier against Nottinghamshire, but it didn't stop us losing by an innings, even though I'd earlier taken the wickets of both of their openers in successive balls when they were on just 92. We didn't perform with the bat as a team sadly. I'm now in with a really good chance of getting an offer from the Australian teams anyway. If I accept that, does that replace my matches with my English county, or do I still play with both?

I have been doing really well in my career.
Batting is easier if you are ready to show some patience.

I have 13 career 100 including a triple in fc
9 in fc
5 in 1st innings
4 in 2nd

2 in list a
1 batting 1st
1 chasing

2 in t20
Both while chasing

My batting plan
Play on leg side
Pick up singles n doubles with odd 4

After confidence is 50+
Go after bowlers specially spinners

I keep chipping the ball in the direction of fielders just as I get going... Went out for 44 just now in a 40 over game playing off my pads and getting caught because my career player thinks the grass is evil or something.

At least bowlers can't really catch (unless if an on drive bounces off silly's face and into his hands) or I'd never score runs.

Otherwise going well...

I forgot to mention yesterday that I was given not out when plum lbw hitting half way up middle stump

Started my 3rd career year, and playing in my second test against Bangladesh. Took 1 for 35 from 22 overs in their 404 all out, and currently batting well with 67 from 51 - slower than normal for me just getting ones and twos as opposed to my normal "find gap hit the ball hard technique"

Really surprised by some of the field settings i've seen in this game the ai use - in an odi game against India, they had no-one square of wicket either side, so kept sweeping Jadeja and Ashwin (nigh on every ball going for 3 or 4) and in this match, i've faced mid on and mid off, as well as deep mid on and deep mid off at the same time

I forgot to mention yesterday that I was given not out when plum lbw hitting half way up middle stump

Had that once off my bowling, but had another that was given out when it was clearly missing so not complaining. Overall though, I very rarely get LBW dismissals these days. There's always one of the three parts which isn't dead on.

I started a pure batsman career for my story on PC version, felt so rewarding to score a TON on my first OD match. :D Though I had 2 back to back average scores in FC around 20s, my OD for this player has started off in a sparkling way! Full innings highlights of my century in below video, yeah am still loving the PRO-CAM! :D

Oh well, am now having 2 career guys in parallel on PC - AR and pure batsman!

Last edited by a moderator:
Started a new career on Patch 2 and definitely finding batting much easier and bowling much more difficult as a spin bowling allrounder on Pro. Imagine my surprise when in my first career game against Gloucestershire I hit 173. I hadn't even got a fifty in my previous career. I had to keep pinching myself.

Haven't been able to get another hundred but have hit a 40 and two 40 over 50s. Am bowling more than before for Essex too, but not taking 5fers every innings and yet to get a 10 in the match. Helps that I dropped Panesar this time before starting again.

Hi guys, sorry if this has been answered before but I have looked for quite a while without finding anything so here goes.

I started a career as a batting (4th spot) all rounder (wrist spin) on the easiest difficulty and I was bowling 10-30 overs per inning in 4 day matches and if they lasted long enough without losing all 10 wickets, my max allowance in the 1-dayers. I was playing AUS domestic and after the T20 series (about 7-8 50 over and 4-day matches played prior to T20) I believe it auto jumped to next difficulty. I had brilliant bowling figures (and batting was decent) but as from my first game after the T20 tournament, I found myself never selected to bowl, even when the opposition batted for 150+ overs. 4 games later I got 3 overs in a 4-day game, took a wicket to break a 200 run partnership and was taken off, not to return at all (another 50-60 overs bowled). Since then I get 2-4 overs once in every 4 or 5 games. I understand the difficulty went up but that shouldn't matter. Is it possible my career player's bowling stats are too low to be considered when even Marcus North is chosen before me? Not sure how an all rounder is meant to build on his bowling skills when he spends 1000 overs in the field and bowls about 10 of them.

Playing English County Cup now, 4 games in with Warwickshire and haven't bowled a delivery.

Cheers guys.

Something is odd here. I haven't reached a Helmet rating of 2 nor have I have been selected for any team, but as of today I find batting to be more difficult. The fast bowlers who were usually bowling around 110-115 kmph are now bowling 130+ kmph.

The spinners, on the other hand, are managing to get nicks/edges quite often and their RPM have gone up too. It's surprising because there wasn't any update and I find the sudden increase in difficulty a bit difficult to handle.

Something is odd here. I haven't reached a Helmet rating of 2 nor have I have been selected for any team, but as of today I find batting to be more difficult. The fast bowlers who were usually bowling around 110-115 kmph are now bowling 130+ kmph.

The spinners, on the other hand, are managing to get nicks/edges quite often and their RPM have gone up too. It's surprising because there wasn't any update and I find the sudden increase in difficulty a bit difficult to handle.
I observed this too today but I reached helmet rating of 2

Check the nets of career, your difficulty will be shown there.

Joined Tasmanian Tigers (replacing Faulkner in the batting lineup - d'oh!!! :facepalm) - out for 1 off 3 balls in my first innings. Good start. :thumbs

I'm finally starting to have some success.

I've nudged my averages in the Shield and 50 over games to over 22, have posted 2 first-class 100's and a few 50's in 50 overs.

Bowling's still going really well: my crappy part-time offspinners took 8 wickets against Tasmania in the first innings.

One thing I've found is that it's really worthwhile to just absorb as much time as you can, even if you don't score that many runs. You'll grind out a lot more experience off the front and back foot that way.

In general, the longer you stay in the more you level up your batting, which in turn makes future innings easier. It's also always great to wait until a spinner comes on, because you can up your skills by +2/+3/+4 every time you cart them for a six.

Medium pacers like Faulkner/Hopes are also great for milking runs. (Although why Faulkner is a medium pacer is bizarre, since he bowls at 130-132km/hr in real life, but whatever.)

after 8 and 0 in last game, i am back with a bang got a double hundred (3rd). overall my 10th ton in fc.
in 2nd innings batting on 4 chasing 134.

Users who are viewing this thread