How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Started a new career after the second patch came out and I'm doing pretty well. Began as a 21 year old opening batsman for Warwickshire and I've made 5 or 6 50s in about 14 innings. Top score of 93 so far...just can't quite get that century yet. One day batting was my big downfall when I was first playing the game...was a bit stuck between attack and defence and would often get out as a result. This time round I've started really consistently another 4 or 5 50s in about 6 or 7 innings. My ODI rating has already popped up to "very close" (which I'm guessing is the point when you start older). So yeah really enjoying the new options and the batting is very rewarding.

Not been doing very well with the ball lately. I might deserve some bonus career points for this though. :spy

image.png

Got him! :rolleyes

So i started a new career once the 2nd patch came out, i'm doing pretty well, got a about 5 hundreds. The thing im struggling with is how to play the spinners, im fine when mid on and mid off are up because i just use RB and come down the pitch and hit it over mid on/off, but when they change the field and have deep mid on/off and stop me going down the ground, i really struggle and end up getting bowled or LBW, any tips for playing the spin from inside the crease?

Please help

Hi i started playing the career mode in Rookie difficulty level. I was batting well and was scoring nicely till now but now i cant score much runs. Finding really difficult to bat and i think that my difficulty level has changed automatically. Is there any way to manually change the difficulty level in career mode. In the normal playing mode my difficulty level is still Rookie and can score plenty of runs but in my career mode finding it extremely difficult to score.

Thanks in advance.

County Season is over now, played for essex and we won all three competitions.

My Career Player's record

FC
16 matches
27 innings
2210 runs
11 100
2 50
371 hs
averaging 85
73 wickets@14
3 5for
6/19 bbi
9/92 bbm

list a
736runs@ 73.6
4 100
3 50

t20
457runs @ 57
2 100
3 50

I'm still only averaging 30! :(

I only just got to 30 point something in T20 matches the other week, my average in all other forms is a miserable 15 - 18 because I did so poorly so early on. Looking forward to starting a new career on the PC version methinks...

Looking forward to starting a new career on the PC version methinks...
I'm still holding off on starting a proper PC career - I want to make sure I've got all the modding sorted out first - so I've got proper kits for all the teams at least, that kind of thing.

Not being able to make changes to career makes me want to make sure I have everything perfect before starting.

But, I can't face going back to the console experience after playing the game on PC - so I'm kinda stuck just doing casual matches.

Anyone else in that boat?

Anyone else in that boat?

I'm doing Tours at the moment. Figured I'd improve my batting there and then resume my career.

Finished the 1st season of my new career as a no. 3 batsman (on Legend) playing for Essex and my batting stats have come down a bit, especially in the shorter formats...

FC: Ave 45 with 2 100s and 8 50s
List A: Ave 25 with 1 100
T20: Ave 32 with 2 50s

Users who are viewing this thread