How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
One thing I have noticed is the graphics that are used after each over tend to e exactly the same. In my first game I could see batsmans confidence and fatigue and it was a little bit variable.

The only thing I can think of is I did not sim that game, but I tend to sim the fielding now,
Is that why the graphics are always the same and why I do not get to see other bits and bobs?

I am playing as no. 4 batsman on legend, my front foot is near maxed, on and off side are quarter filled and playing an off drive always or near always result in an edge, solution is playing off drive with both triggers pressed. But after getting so many skill points I should be able to play without triggers. May be its how legend is. Doesn't happen on veteran or pro. Was finding batting easy so started on legend.

I'm just wondering how long It took you guys to get international call up as pure batsman and with what kind of stats ? I startet on amateur difficulty as opener and currently my selection status is
T20 fair way off
Odi getting attention
Test getting attention

I'm just wondering how long It took you guys to get international call up as pure batsman and with what kind of stats ? I startet on amateur difficulty as opener and currently my selection status is
T20 fair way off
Odi getting attention
Test getting attention
Age of your player ?
Stats of your player?

I also started as pure batsman on legend difficulty As a 16yo
Left hand opening batsman.

I played 2 season(44 FC matches before i got a call up for indian test team)
In one day matches my status is fair way off
40 matches, into my 4th season
In t20 my status is long way off
23 matches

For my career stats check previous page(397) :thumbs

Last edited:
Age of your player ?
Stats of your player?

I also started as pure batsman on legend difficulty As a 16yo
Left hand opening batsman.

I played 2 season(44 FC matches before i got a call up for indian test team)
In one day matches my status is fair way off
40 matches, into my 4th season
In t20 my status is long way off
23 matches

For my career stats check previous page(397) :thumbs

I seem to be getting worse in career mode. I managed to get a century in my fourth game but recently have been getting out much cheaper. I seem to edge cover/off drives way too often now. My timing isn't out as it's normally the slower medium pacers that get me. Anything outside off stump that I try and drive tends to get an edge. Am I doing something wrong or just being unlucky? Starting to annoy me a bit...

I seem to be getting worse in career mode. I managed to get a century in my fourth game but recently have been getting out much cheaper. I seem to edge cover/off drives way too often now. My timing isn't out as it's normally the slower medium pacers that get me. Anything outside off stump that I try and drive tends to get an edge. Am I doing something wrong or just being unlucky? Starting to annoy me a bit...

I swear that your player actually has some kind of "form" stat.. I had this same problem a while ago, only it was playing a leg glance resulted in looping the ball straight to square leg every time.. I just put the shot away for a while (about 4 or 5 matches), and then I seemed to be able to play it again.. Not exactly an answer I know, but certainly easier than trying to manufacture some kind of ugly back-foot-reverse-cover-sweep to get those sweet sweet offside runs.

I swear that your player actually has some kind of "form" stat.. I had this same problem a while ago, only it was playing a leg glance resulted in looping the ball straight to square leg every time.. I just put the shot away for a while (about 4 or 5 matches), and then I seemed to be able to play it again.. Not exactly an answer I know, but certainly easier than trying to manufacture some kind of ugly back-foot-reverse-cover-sweep to get those sweet sweet offside runs.

Thanks for that, I definitely agree about some kind of form stat. I just hit another century playing very conservatively. The innings before that I went cheaply after edging a sweep to the wicket keeper. I had played seven or right sweeps with no problem then edge two in an over despite not really mis-timing them. Definitely makes me think there is something else at work when you go in to bat.

Happened today on PC career... I played a shot in the air to the cover region and it was an easy catch...I started running but thought ah!!That's an easy catch so did not use sprint to complete the run...What the fielder did amazed me..He caught it and threw a flat throw to the side I was running and the bowler ran me out and I was like what the heck happened only to see in the replay that the bowler had bowled a no ball...:facepalm

Happened today on PC career... I played a shot in the air to the cover region and it was an easy catch...I started running but thought ah!!That's an easy catch so did not use sprint to complete the run...What the fielder did amazed me..He caught it and threw a flat throw to the side I was running and the bowler ran me out and I was like what the heck happened only to see in the replay that the bowler had bowled a no ball...:facepalm
hahaha, It happened with me also once but i reached in time to beat the direct hit :D

hahaha, It happened with me also once but i reached in time to beat the direct hit :D
Lol...But the thing is the throw animation arm is slower than the speed at which the ball reaches the bowler/WK...

Just started a new career after downloading the NZ domestic teams.

Batting all-rounder playing for Northern Districts Knights.

Bat: #6, bowl: whenever the hell they ask me to.

Started amazingly with a 205 in my debut innings, and bowling figures of 1/15 and 0/30.

Second match didn't quite go so well, making 7 before being bowled leaving a ball :facepalm but the bowling came right with 4/65 and 4/43

Then played my first OD game, and made 32, and took 2/63 (copped a bit of a pasting from the lower middle order... Bastards)

Currently playing my third first class fixture, made another glorious 7 (got out trying to take to their leggie, after facing 19 consecutive dots.) then took my current best of 8/27. Second innings made a slow 23 before getting caught behind down the leg side (first time ever seeing that happen in this game!) And currently got my first chance to open the bowling, sitting on 0/4 off 3 overs.

Started pretty well I think, but I'm a little worried that I peaked to soon... Your debut has gotta be to soon, doesn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread