How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Hey, I just got up to the finals in the English P40 Cup and my team (Durham) is playing Netherlands in the semi-final but they weren't in the competition. Is this a glitch or is this actually how the competition works? Seems a bit strange...

Hey, I just got up to the finals in the English P40 Cup and my team (Durham) is playing Netherlands in the semi-final but they weren't in the competition. Is this a glitch or is this actually how the competition works? Seems a bit strange...
They are in the competition, probably just not in your group so you don't see them in the league table.

Ahhh! I really hope they fix the issue of the captain sometimes deciding that he doesn't want to bowl you apparently just because you've selected batting all rounder as your title even though you are clearly the best bowler in the side. My team was playing the Netherlands in the P40 cup semi-final. I was involved in a 90 run partnership in which I scored 53 at a strike rate of about 130 meaning we set them 183 to win. I was the leading wicket taker in the competition with 36 wickets at an average of 4.89 and a strike rate of 10.08 and yet I got brought on at the 35th over, after seven other bowlers had been used, with them needing only 3 runs to win with 1 wicket in hand. I bowled my over and conceded one run. The next over they picked up 2 runs from the 2nd ball and won the match by 1 wicket. Frustrating! There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it either. Sometimes I would open the bowling or bowl first change (as I rightfully should with my record) and then other times this happens. :facepalm

Progressed to playing International for India at age 18. But it just got too tedious after a while. Don't get me wrong but it just got too monotonous after playing for 2 seasons on a trot with only 1 player.

So, for now, I've moved on to playing WC games in casual section as it happens in real life. Really enjoying the chance to play with different style of players instead of my usual RFM.

Progressed to playing International for India at age 18. But it just got too tedious after a while. Don't get me wrong but it just got too monotonous after playing for 2 seasons on a trot with only 1 player.

So, for now, I've moved on to playing WC games in casual section as it happens in real life. Really enjoying the chance to play with different style of players instead of my usual RFM.

Yeah I much prefer playing for a whole side: I go back to my career player now and then but enjoy playing in my own custom league a lot more.....seems more connected and satisfying somehow. Career is great but it feels like you are just playing for yourself instead of the team: if BA can make my playing contribution as a career player have a much bigger impact on the bigger picture then it will have more attraction....what about career mode scenario's.....earn extra points or something for coming in in different awkard situations...can you batout the last 10 overs to force a draw....35 needed from 5 overs, are you the man.....the main bowler is injured....the death overs...can you make them count...etc...etc....etc

I get where you're going with the 'scenario' thing. I would much prefer if, even with the current setup, there can be an addition of dynamic line-ups. As in, something that makes first ODI of a 7 match series different from the last one. If my regular position is at 5 and I'm best at hitting it out of the park, I would like to be sent up the order if we're chasing 10 rpo OR sent down the order if the team has lost quick wickets and is trying to consolidate. May be drop players in the line-up that aren't performing. Whatever it is, some context that makes each match different from another.

Yeah I much prefer playing for a whole side: I go back to my career player now and then but enjoy playing in my own custom league a lot more.....seems more connected and satisfying somehow. Career is great but it feels like you are just playing for yourself instead of the team: if BA can make my playing contribution as a career player have a much bigger impact on the bigger picture then it will have more attraction....what about career mode scenario's.....earn extra points or something for coming in in different awkard situations...can you batout the last 10 overs to force a draw....35 needed from 5 overs, are you the man.....the main bowler is injured....the death overs...can you make them count...etc...etc....etc

I like this idea. Was it Cricket 07 where they had a similar thing to that? I remember enjoying that, I think you also unlocked videos as well?

That said though, that kind of thing what I enjoy most about career mode. It doesn't happen as much in limited overs games of course, but in first class games I often find myself coming in at completely different match situations... like in the first innings if the top 3 had done a good job (I bat at no. 4) then I'll try and up the run rate a bit more so we have more time in the game to win, if they have struggled and I'm in early then I will consolidate and let the others bat around me, and of course, if it's the 2nd innings and we're way behind then it's put up the shutters time! I think having to come in and bat out a draw as my career player might just be my favourite thing in the whole game.

things i would like in current career to spice it up, Player should be droppable, needs to keep performing well to keep his place in the side, MOS, WC, tournaments, stats of each season stored,
Would be great addition to the career...

Users who are viewing this thread