How do U bat?

I found it hard at first, i first played it Saturday and couldnt score anything above 30 then i bought it yesterday (Sunday) and by the evening i got 233 with Flintoff on Medium. It's just a matter of practicing the timing, i recommend the nets!

I was unfortunate enough to buy the xbox version,although i got used to batting after a couple of days there is no save game during matches,so EA do indeed suck.

For pretty easy runs which are available often; The cover drive can be used on even pretty straight balls and you can sometimes get an over of 6 fours in a row just from cover drives.

Then if you get a really straight one flick it onto the leg side for a single or if you time it very well you can get the odd four, if its short i recommend niggling it down to fine leg on the back foot which can occasionally get four.

Once your confidence is relatively high the slog sweep and slog on drive are a soure for unlimited sixes if your timing is good.

The on drive and drive to mid off are useless with fielders there, occasionally there is no mid on but if there is a mid on and off there are no runs there.

BarmyUK said:
For pretty easy runs which are available often; The cover drive can be used on even pretty straight balls and you can sometimes get an over of 6 fours in a row just from cover drives.

Then if you get a really straight one flick it onto the leg side for a single or if you time it very well you can get the odd four, if its short i recommend niggling it down to fine leg on the back foot which can occasionally get four.

Once your confidence is relatively high the slog sweep and slog on drive are a soure for unlimited sixes if your timing is good.

The on drive and drive to mid off are useless with fielders there, occasionally there is no mid on but if there is a mid on and off there are no runs there.

Actually mate, on hard setting i am occasionally able to split the mid on's and off's with a perfectly timed on drive. I have also managed to get it wide of them before. This is rare though and has only happend a few times. Timing must be spot on.

really?? I've tried it loads of times with perfect timing, still goes to them :S. Maybe the ball i play it off just isnt suitable.

I cant get 100 in a 50 over match, I goto the nets and my timing is ok. Oh well, I guess I have to practice more. But I am find the game very boring because of all this.

Can somebody tell me whose tried both, how much difference there is between batting in ODIs and Test Matches?

I find it quiet easy to bat in the nets session, but just cant get the hang of doing it in the game my highest score has been twenty odd and that was just off scoring singles i can seem to master the fours or sixes when i attempt i just get caught all the time can anyone help me?

Kinda the same for me too mate. My top score in a one dayer was 100. I did that by basically playing defensive for the first 15 overs, then the field opened up and I could knock 1 and 2's into the gaps.

Before the 16 over, the best shot seemed to be on the back foot and edging it down to deep fine leg. Or waiting for a ball on the off side close to the wickets and playing the ball off the pads (by using the square button on the PS2) down to third man.

EA Cricket 2005 Batting is 2 much easy
only you have to learn

only you need to know weak points you can eaisly hit fast bowlers

note 3 points First your batsman must know the line of ball ( at left hand u can see ball swing right or left ) take good postion and hold down ( six Button ) + ( front leg Buttion ) and when bowler relaese bowl from his hand same time u press ( power shot Button )

ScobieB said:
Can somebody tell me whose tried both, how much difference there is between batting in ODIs and Test Matches?

ODIs Batting is Easy But In test Match it s Tuff specily Spinner Bowlers Make Big trouble

You cant really under-estimate the importance of timing when batting. Sometimes you dont want to time it perfectly though, for instance if the comp bowls a ball down the leg side, playing a leg glance very early results in a very fine flick usually for 4 if played right, whereas playing it late results in it going square and perfect timing usually will find the fine leg fielder on the boundary.

Same with the sweep except playing this early ensures the ball goes squarer rather than playing it late will see a fine sweep.

To play this game well does require a knowledge of Cricket, practice and patience IMO.

all you people like aj2k5 complaining about the game being too hard and rubbish you guys really are stupid and arrogant. Not all games are suppose to be easy. Whats the point of making a game being easy??? Every game needs to be a challenge. If you read reviews by magazines they say that this game is recomended for hardcore cricket gamers because of its difficulty.

kodos said:
all you people like aj2k5 complaining about the game being too hard and rubbish you guys really are stupid and arrogant. Not all games are suppose to be easy. Whats the point of making a game being easy??? Every game needs to be a challenge. If you read reviews by magazines they say that this game is recomended for hardcore cricket gamers because of its difficulty.

Fair enough, it should be harder on medium/Hard but not to be able to post a respectable score on Easy mode is poor.

I have the game on PS2 which is supposly harder than PC, what do u have it on?

Last edited:
i havent played on easy mode but medium mode is pretty difficult. All you need is practice and patience. I suggest playing test matches and try find gaps, then play ODI and twenty20 games. I reckon going to the nets aint much of assistance.

Batting gets easier as you learn. I started on medium and am still on medium, i can hit sixes at will most of the time, its timing, placement and just smashing 6's quickly for confidence (this i found from playing since last post)

Users who are viewing this thread