How do you time lofted shots in cricket 2005???

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I can time advance down the wicket lofted shots quite easily but I can't time standard lofted shots (ground shots played with loft key). How do you time the ball for a lofted shot in cricket 2005? Do I press the button (for ground shot) just before the ball hits the pitch? I tried doing that but I only tend to spoon it in the air.

Let me know what's the timing like for playing the lofted shots.

Last edited:
How do you time the lofted shots? At what point do you press the button? Whenever I try to do so, I end up spooning the ball up in the air :(

I generally try playing lofted glance (->) and lofted on drive (down & right) but get it wrong. Let me know when do you press the button, where do you place the batsman and which balls you should try lofting (medium, long, on off stump, leg, outside off etc.)

Did that but it hardly works... I time most of my shots in the nets but it's a different story in the middle. Don't think nets in cricket 2005 are that good - hope EA does a better job in the next version.

Against both pacers & spinners, though I can hit a one bounce 4 occasionally using slog sweep against spinners

Slog Sweeping spinners is easy, don't try hitting spinners on a damp pitch though you won't get very far. For slogging on the legside get your right shoulder in line with the ball.

ok... by the way when do I press the button? Assume that a fast medium bowler is bowling and the ball is pitched at a medium length or slightly fuller length than medium. Do I press the button just before the ball pitches, as soon as the ball pitches or after the ball pitches?

alfa_beta said:
ok... by the way when do I press the button? Assume that a fast medium bowler is bowling and the ball is pitched at a medium length or slightly fuller length than medium. Do I press the button just before the ball pitches, as soon as the ball pitches or after the ball pitches?
Hi Mate,

Reading your posts and so i will tell you what works for me.

1st off forget the nets i find them useless other people say they help them and i think for them they do but for me personally i hit the ball exactly spot on all the time in practise yet when you get out to the nets always seemed to mistime them, what i do is i aim to press the button just as the ball hits or just before it hits the ground after a few overs you should be timing them sweetly, i do this for all shots and lengths and it seems to work for me give it a go and see if it helps you or not.

When using the 6 hit shots i tend to press the button just as or just after the ball hits the ground make sure you hold it down until after you hit the ball i find that i tended to press button then let go and sometimes mistimed the shot and spooned it up and get out but when i hold it down until after the ball has left the bat i hit it sweet every time.

These tips of mine work very well for me but are by no means the only tips or way to do it i just find it easier doing it this way. Other people have different suggestions which i hope they pass onto you to help you out.

Anyhows give it a go and if it works for you as well doing it my way GREAT if not try some other suggestions and see what happens eventually you will be smashing it all over the park. :D

Last edited:
Thanks a lot kymsheba... will give it a shot and see how it goes :)

Users who are viewing this thread