How I Play Cricket

I started to play in my streets with only one boy.Then when I was 10 all means of playing cricket was over though I was very much intrestend in it.Now there is a big match which takes place every year between Indira Nagar and Mahanagar (which consisted of boys from my school and all of them were 1 or 2 yr elder then me except 2 boys who were of my age group.).I was the baby of the team(younger).I was able to win the heart of my captain as he decided to open me with himself on my debut.That was a good match particulatly for me as I shared a 60 runs patnership with him.I got popular.Now this year when the match was played I was grown up but still the youngest of all the player playing.I was again sent opening and I had a memorable match.Our team required to chase a total which could be done without taking too mucxh risks.Now this match , I was scared to open the innings as their were fast bowlers who were very good and were the best in our school.But I patiently played and made my way to score 45 runs before getting run out and that too by my stupid runner.The runs might does not seem to you too much but I think it was good for me As I play cricket once in year and that too I faced very good bowlers.
But we lost the match since the other stupid fellows always hit the ball in the air resulting in a cauught.Now despite I dont think I have practised too much , I have become popular among all the cricket players.

Hopefully I am looking for another match next year.

Users who are viewing this thread