How long did it take you to get good at batting?

About two hours for me. I get the mechanics now, but still make rush-of-blood mistakes. Everything feel realistic enough, however, so I don't mind going out if the mistakes are legitimate.

The only balls I sometimes have trouble with are the yellow / full deliveries. But those are either yorkers or bean balls, which are faster in real life and are often not capitalised on as a result.

About two hours for me. I get the mechanics now, but still make rush-of-blood mistakes. Everything feel realistic enough, however, so I don't mind going out if the mistakes are legitimate.

The only balls I sometimes have trouble with are the yellow / full deliveries. But those are either yorkers or bean balls, which are faster in real life and are often not capitalised on as a result.

If there was a "bow down" smiley at PC.net, would have used it. For the time being :bow down: should suffice

If there was a "bow down" smiley at PC.net, would have used it. For the time being
bow.gif
should suffice

Done....:D

According to Steam I'm now up to 60 hours of play, most of that time playing on Pro. I did start on Amateur, but moved off it very quickly as I found it extremely easy. However, the difficulty jump between the two levels seems enormous.

So far, my efforts are revolving around getting my team (usually Warwickshire) to the end of a PRO40 match. I have not yet managed to do this... Despite spending a good chunk of time restarting until I get to bat first, and then quitting after the inevitable collapse to try again. I've also spent a good amount of time batting in the nets on bat:Very Poor/machine:Legend difficulty to try and get the hang of it. I'm not trying to play attacking shots, just not get out.

I feel like either I'm missing something vital, or my reactions just aren't good enough to play this game! I'm determined to get better at it, but perhaps I'm a lost cause!

How you define good at batting?

taken me 3 days now i can score 40+ runs in 16-17 balls in first class,t-20 and 50 overs as well my highest score is 97(44 balls) :) i have full front foot skill and more than half on side skill i hit sixes many times a innings now my 98% sore comes in on side thats how i make runs cus only 3-4 fielders on on-side :)

remember it change the fielding position but before hitting i see my confidence and field position

my strike rate in
first class - 193.43
list 2 :- 153.57
t20 - 179.56

Unfortunately your partner also calls "wait" when he hits it into a gap.

Yeah, I noticed this after listening out for it for a while... My partner is *extremely* conservative about running, it would appear.

I'm around 150 hours. Currently playing on Veteran. Batting is quite easy once you get the hang of it. It is a bit technical, but those who play/watch Cricket in real life, it's pretty easy to understand. I am quite comfortable playing pace, but I struggle against spin a lot, much like in real life. :p Spin seems hell of a lot difficult to me because the ball drifts a lot in this game compared to real Cricket.

I seem to do okay at spin. I find myself saying "feet feet feet feet" to myself to make myself wait and concentrate on footwork.

Against pace, I'm still having trouble reacting to short or full balls. I'm playing at balls I want to leave or defend, because I can't seem to get the message to my fingers fast enough. I think that's why I find spin easier.

Actually, one thing that is definitely working for me: I've started batting and running with the 'Pro Camera'. I find it's much easier to pick the line of the ball from there (the starting point, rather than the circle showing where it's headed) and for running I get a much better feel of if it's heading to a fielder so I'm no longer getting run out off singles.

Yeah, I noticed this after listening out for it for a while... My partner is *extremely* conservative about running, it would appear.

I seem to do okay at spin. I find myself saying "feet feet feet feet" to myself to make myself wait and concentrate on footwork.

Against pace, I'm still having trouble reacting to short or full balls. I'm playing at balls I want to leave or defend, because I can't seem to get the message to my fingers fast enough. I think that's why I find spin easier.

Actually, one thing that is definitely working for me: I've started batting and running with the 'Pro Camera'. I find it's much easier to pick the line of the ball from there (the starting point, rather than the circle showing where it's headed) and for running I get a much better feel of if it's heading to a fielder so I'm no longer getting run out off singles.

Yes. You are right about spin. Spin needs patience while pace bowling relies a bit on instinct. This is the reason I am so bad at spin because I don't wait for the ball to come :p while playing pace its just feel natural to me to time it well. About the cameras, I think @BigAntStudios has done a fabulous job of providing so many options there. It satisfies everyone. :thumbs

the best advice for playing spin is what Dravid has given to KP,

"look to play on the front foot but dont commit on it."

20150104_213840.jpg 20150104_213840.jpg

Finally after a good 60+ hours I am knocking the ball atleast well around the ground with consistency..

I finally got my first 50+ in a 50 over match with South Australia. It was good to taste success in a really dire season.
I played with Kent a whole season winless.
They didnt win a single match.
I get a contract move to Australia and after a few bad test knocks I score a solid 60.
What makes this innings special was I entered the field at 20/2 and stablised the innings.
Got out at 60 on a silly nick to the keeper.
Team scored a 224 all out and we won the match.
Finally I felt what it is to win a match with a team and for it.

Love the game because of its challenging opportunities.

It took me 20+ hours to start scoring 30+ scores regularly at pro.
after 300+ hours my batting is pretty good.
Now I score 50 every 2 innings at legend.

P.S. I only play career mode as a opening batsman.

I started a batting career (Opener) for NSW. And after playing 35 one day matches got my first 50...73 off 55 balls, against Queenslands. Handled the pacers with more or less control, but against the medium pacer,Hopes, got carried away and missed the 100. This is my second season,and I simulated the 4 Day matches.
inn.jpg

I have been batting for quite a while now in Pro career mode. Finished almost two seasons and still got only an average of around 15 odd in List A, 12 odd in First class and 11 in Twenty20.

I am now getting more consistent 20s and 30s, but the odd run of bad scores still keeps my average low. Very frustrating that the career mode does not have a "purple patch" feature where you carry your good form to subsequent games. Timing goes awry randomly, making it frustrating to build up a stream of good scores. When timing goes bad, it's hard to score boundaries, forcing you to take singles. Occasionally bad timing will get you out. So mostly I get out in single digits when this happens.

Playing on the front foot and playing to the leg side seems much safer than playing off side or straight, because I seem to edge the ball a lot playing straight or off sideish.

Users who are viewing this thread