How long did it take you to get good at batting?

4 Months but still I cannot play any proper Cricketing shot

I think the trick to batting, as in real life, is patience. I find that I generally get myself out, reaching for that boundary when Ive already hit one earlier in the over....greed is my biggest downfall. I still struggle to pick bouncers, my reactions are just a bit too slow (Im not 20 anymore..) so I generally plant my batsman on the front-foot and that can sometime lead to edges.

Another issue is that I don't often get into the mindset of playing the long innings either....I start off well then I get bored and play dumb shots - however when you apply yourself totally then it's definitely possible to score big. Ive managed to score a 100 with my Career guy who bats at 7, and that was simply due to being watchful and very stingy, especially early on outside off-stump. Its very easy to nick the ball before your batsman is settled.

Ive had the game since realease and i think batting finally clicked last night

I love how you can really stroke the ball around: when you get the timing just right and just stroke the ball through the covers....magical...

just very recently started nailing the "proper" straight drive (along the ground)... hit some glorious fours in the last week or so.

There are some innings when I come in and stroke the ball around and get off to a quickfire start. That's when I manage to settle down well and score more. I take calculated risks if there are close fielders and an entire region is empty of fielders.

If I get off to singles, I get bored, try to hit and get out too often.

I think the pitch conditions also play a big factor. On white flat pitches, your timing really seems to come good.

I still haven't mastered the cut shot. Seems a high risk shot to anticipate. Playing the cut has got me bowled too often, but I really want to score behind the square on the off side when AI packs the fielders in front of the wicket on the on side and bowl short. Sometimes playing the cut shot makes the ball go to mid off instead. Any tips for this?

I observed after playing out side of career mode is that i really really sucks with Left hand batsmen /bowler in this game. Through out the career i play as Right hand Batsmen/Bowler so i got comfortable and can play in legend. But with the full team mode play conditions i.e out side of career mode i was just not good enough more than amateur Difficulty if i need to pose any decent score. i was practicing hard when i got some time but i feel i was missing thing i cant time better consistently with lefite's just like i can do with right. bowling is a bit better than batting but still not good enough. Any tips for getting better

I observed after playing out side of career mode is that i really really sucks with Left hand batsmen /bowler in this game. Through out the career i play as Right hand Batsmen/Bowler so i got comfortable and can play in legend. But with the full team mode play conditions i.e out side of career mode i was just not good enough more than amateur Difficulty if i need to pose any decent score. i was practicing hard when i got some time but i feel i was missing thing i cant time better consistently with lefite's just like i can do with right. bowling is a bit better than batting but still not good enough. Any tips for getting better

Start a career as a left handed batsman.

I'll ask in here:
  • is it possible to play square drives off the front foot?
  • is it possible sweep the ball fine (orthodox or reverse)?
  • is it possible to advance and keep it on the floor?

I'll ask in here:

Can't square drive or hit along the floor when advancing. I think you can paddle the ball to fine leg but don't think you can when reverse sweeping.

I'll ask in here:
It is possible to play front foot square drives.
how to play
batsman type left hand
camera far batsman
keep LAS at 11 o clock, when playing shot move RAS to 10 o clock.
try to play little late then usual.
don't expect to get results right away, hit the nets and try above method, with practice you will be able to play square drives of front foot.
:thumbs

It is possible to play front foot square drives.
how to play
batsman type left hand
camera far batsman
keep LAS at 11 o clock, when playing shot move RAS to 10 o clock.
try to play little late then usual.
don't expect to get results right away, hit the nets and try above method, with practice you will be able to play square drives of front foot.
:thumbs

Thank you Coach....:yes

Wait, what? I thought the footwork controls were straight up for front foot and straight back for back foot? Is there nuanced movement into the line of the ball?

Well, this turned out to be eye opening!

While your hear dropping knowledge, can I play fine sweeps and advancing shots along the ground?

Wait, what? I thought the footwork controls were straight up for front foot and straight back for back foot? Is there nuanced movement into the line of the ball?
yep , to reach the pitch of delivery you need to change or adjust the position and movement of LAS.[DOUBLEPOST=1429158256][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, this turned out to be eye opening!

While your hear dropping knowledge, can I play fine sweeps and advancing shots along the ground?
I don't play advancing shots in the game nor in real life. so i don't have any idea about this.
and my sweep shots never go fine :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread