Your Cricket How much did your bat cost ?

My weapon is the the top of the range Slazenger called The Don
It's a 2'9 and cost me $500 at the start of the season

I got a Growling beast from aamart all sports. Im pretty sure its English Willow.

Only $139 on special

Nice bat Short Leg. Personally I would keep that as a collectors item instead of using it in a match.

My Duncan Fearnly just snapped....I'm lookin for a cheap MRF next...probably on eBay

Make: Hunts County
Type: Insignia (2005 Design)
Price: ?85

Started scoring tons of runs since getting it after my BAS Vampire snapped

Also providing you buy a RBK bat with enough weight and from a reputable source, should be awesome (like mine)

Hooper said:
What bat should I get next MRF or RBK???

Don't go by brand names, go by pick up and feel of the bat. I had my heart set on a Kookaburra Beast but the guy at the shop said that with it being my first mens cricket bat you should go with weight and feel. You'd be best off to go to a shop and a have a feel for the bat first - then make up your mind.

Hope this helps! :)

Yep, fully agree with the post above. I really wanted a GM Maestro a couple of years back but came out with a Gray-Nicholls Longbow and am very happy with it. Although they didn't have a Maestro in the shop, so it might have been even better....:p

well my AM one cost 75 quid and my CA GOLD WHITE cost about 3500 rupees which is about 40 quid...

first bat was a slazenger v 400 about 9 yrs ago. Might be fake cos it cost me about rs 200. Here my current list of bats is chrono order:

SS Gtsy (1997, New Delhi - size 6) - rs 700
Gray nicolls millenium edition (1998 from RSA - size 6) - 399 rand (My best ever bat!)
SG Azzah Plus(2001, Chennai) - 1200 (Probaly one of the last ones sold since they stopped it after Azhar was banned. has 3 groves in the bottom)
SS Gutsy (2002, Chennai) - Rs 1100
Gray-Nicolls millenium (2003 - forgot model) - free but it was the saddest bat any cricket lover should have to see.

The story is that my dad's friend's mom got it for her grandson fro UK but he plays baseball. She didnt know this. So the idiots didnt have a place to keep it and left it in the boiler room and used it so move stuff around while doing an oil change on a car!! The grip was melted. teh threading around the handle was ripped. Got this fixed but the bottom and all other sides of the bat are ruined. Toe is 200% worn out. Actually looks like they dragged it on the floor for a few hours. DIdnt throw it out cos its a Cricket Bat!!! If anyone knows how I can make this bat useful please do tell me.

Gray Nicolls - Powerbow 5 star

cost: 250 euro's in normal stores

got it for 175 :D good to know people

sounds good, i got my kookaburra ice for i think 80+ pound!

Users who are viewing this thread