Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 10 6.5%

Votes: 28 18.1%

Votes: 53 34.2%

Votes: 35 22.6%

Votes: 24 15.5%

• Total voters
I'm not seeing the swing even from bowlers like James Anderson.

I'm getting a heap of swing. Are you talking about manual bowling (as opposed to AI), and if so are you actually using the right controls for swing?

I'm getting a heap of swing. Are you talking about manual bowling (as opposed to AI), and if so are you actually using the right controls for swing?

Both. I don't really see much when batting or bowling. I played the CA beta nets session a lot and there was a lot of swing from the bowling machine.
I am using the LS at 11 o'clock position for outswing and 1 o'clock position for inswing. The RS doesn't have to be held in this position when bowling does it? I am just pushing it in the direction for the swing and releasing before the ball is bowled.

You need to be holding the LS in that direction at the point you release the ball, so if you're letting it go that's why you're not getting any swing (or indeed using any of the 8 possible bowl types).

You need to be holding the LS in that direction at the point you release the ball, so if you're letting it go that's why you're not getting any swing.

Many thanks. That would explain it! :thumbs
No wonder I found it hard to get wickets. :lol

You need to be holding the LS in that direction at the po invite t you release the ball, so if you're letting it go that's why you're not getting any swing (or indeed using any of the 8 possible bowl types).

That's not true. Select the ball you want then let it go.

You need to be holding the LS in that direction at the point you release the ball, so if you're letting it go that's why you're not getting any swing (or indeed using any of the 8 possible bowl types).

That seems to be wrong. I only select one of the delivery types as the bowler is running in and I don't hold on to it at the time of delivery, and I do seem to get swing.

That's exactly what I was doing. It could be that the swing is just hard to see because of the viewing angle. It's just that in the CA nets the swing was so visible when you were batting. I'm not seeing that amount of swing in the game which is dissapointing.

That's exactly what I was doing. It could be that the swing is just hard to see because of the viewing angle. It's just that in the CA nets the swing was so visible when you were batting. I'm not seeing that amount of swing in the game which is dissapointing.

Its massive swing. Watch in the interactive replay.. Its hard to keep it on the pitch.

Well.. Not that much but half the width of the pitch at best guess

10/10 compared to other cricketing games

8.5/10 on its own :thumbs

If the bowling fatigue issue and a few others like the slow return to crease after cancelling a run are fixed I rlwould rate a solid 7.5. As a cricket game I'd give it a 9.

I haven't played much after the patch (still enjoyed it immensely before), but I'll ignore the bugs I know are patched. I agree with Chief that ratings are pointless. I've had so much fun playing this game, more than any I've played, whilst I know it's not a great game, especially compared to the big titles. You can't just put a number on this (which is what I'm just about to do). I also don't like the way anything below 7 is viewed as bad.

As this thread is about ratings, I'll say 9.5 compared to other cricket games. It's such a wonderful step towards the future for cricket games, with revolutionary controls and physics, as well as possessing new ideas for games in general (like CA). As a game, I'll give it a 6.5 which, in my opinion, puts it on a "good" rating. I'm not working on IGN's scale here. Graphics, whist not being shabby, aren't quite as refined or clear as others; there are a view bugs or quirks that can be annoying; the controls aren't 100% polished yet and the near absence of thick edges makes slips redundant.

I'm giving it an 8 here. It's not perfect, but it's a heck of a lot of fun.

I also don't like the way anything below 7 is viewed as bad.

Finally someone else whom understands ratings! I don't see how anyone can call any game a 10/10 because that implies their is not one single thing you would like changed or think could be improved.

Users who are viewing this thread