How to get Lara out

Lusty

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyone got any tips for getting out Brian Lara? Anyone else I can handle but I just can't get rid of him. Normally I have to wait for him to run out of partners.

I can bowl a good line and length and keep getting maidens, but all he does is play defensive shots so his confidence never drops. I've tried bowling bouncers into his ribs, and sometimes his confidence will drop to about 80%, but never lower, then after a couple of defensive shots he's back to 100%.

At the moment I'm playing a test match against Northern Hemisphere, and they 224-4 half way through day 2. I just can't make that breakthrough.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Keep your lines, use your fastest bowler and try to swing it into him and he'll edge to keeper or slip, don't forget the odd yorker

Lusty

School Cricketer
It's strange I just can't touch him. Every time I try a yorker he gets a boundry off it. If I swing the ball into him he ends up hitting it leg side. I tried putting in a leg slip, but for some reason every time the ball go' near him he just stands still and lets it go for 4. Also when I swing it in it goes wide a lot of the time.

Really frustrating now. I've got a save game with England against Northern Hemisphere and I'm stuck against him and Ul Haq. And it's on village level. Last time I played a test I won by an innings but this one has really got to me.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
I got him out for the first time. Andrew Strauss Slower Ball in swinging long hop clipped onto leg stump :D

woosaah

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
he is just like any other player, nothing special in the game.

SonofSlats

School Cricketer
I don't think its just Lara... Left handers are a little harder to bowl at in general I think

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
SonofSlats said:
I don't think its just Lara... Left handers are a little harder to bowl at in general I think

I disagree. Just send four away and nip one or two back in. Very good chance of getting bowled or lbw.

Mack

School Cricketer
The Way to get Brian Lara out is,bowl your quickest bowler-150km/h or quicker.bowl consistant full tosses on the stumps to Lara.He gets out LBW or sometimes caught behind.Believe me.This works and it only take a max of 2 overs if you are doing it correctly.I have got Lara out many time using this method.

Ronan_UK

Club Cricketer
Lusty said:
It's strange I just can't touch him. Every time I try a yorker he gets a boundry off it. If I swing the ball into him he ends up hitting it leg side. I tried putting in a leg slip, but for some reason every time the ball go' near him he just stands still and lets it go for 4. Also when I swing it in it goes wide a lot of the time.

Really frustrating now. I've got a save game with England against Northern Hemisphere and I'm stuck against him and Ul Haq. And it's on village level. Last time I played a test I won by an innings but this one has really got to me.

Don't swing it in so far to his body, the swing is exaggerated in this game, so bowl it wide on the off stump, and then swing it in so it's about off stump level.

I think left handers are easier to get out, because I can go around the wicket with right handers for them and swing it away viciously :)

Mack

School Cricketer
bowl full tosses on the stumps to Lara

Lusty said:
Anyone got any tips for getting out Brian Lara? Anyone else I can handle but I just can't get rid of him. Normally I have to wait for him to run out of partners.

I can bowl a good line and length and keep getting maidens, but all he does is play defensive shots so his confidence never drops. I've tried bowling bouncers into his ribs, and sometimes his confidence will drop to about 80%, but never lower, then after a couple of defensive shots he's back to 100%.

At the moment I'm playing a test match against Northern Hemisphere, and they 224-4 half way through day 2. I just can't make that breakthrough.
bowl full tosses at lara on the stumps at about 150km/h

Tee

School Cricketer
Bowl full tosses at the stumps at 150km/h it does really work.

Users who are viewing this thread