HowZat.com Free Cricket Game - We've live!

For some reason it won't let me save my kit, and I find it impossible to time sixes. First game I made 3/21 from 5 overs. Other team beat my score with 2 balls left and 4 wickets down.

I just completed a match against a team called "Super Indians". I lost the game, but I bowled pretty tight, and my batting was quite okay. Overall, it was not really a bad show by me taking into account that this was my very first match.

Lost to a team named 'Something Smells' by 6 runs. Needed 19 off the final over and struck 12 off 3 balls to need 7 off 3. Unfortunately I played the next three shots way too early and missed them all. A good game though.

I can never hit the aggressive shots. I prefer to play with timing, and generally my score is around 60 in the 5 overs.
I havn't managed to hit even a single six. :noway

I can never hit the aggressive shots. I prefer to play with timing, and generally my score is around 60 in the 5 overs.
I havn't managed to hit even a single six. :noway

Either, I always get caught on the boundary. It's so hard.

Just lost to Abhas. Played like absolute tripe, couldn't bat for ████. Sweep shot was not working for me? Didn't give any indication on the timing bar and resulted in three dot balls at crucial stages.

He won with a couple of balls to spare.. he batted very well.

@ Gilly - Lol atleast you've managed to touch the ball.. :p

Blake.. you played well, but tried too many aggressive shots i think.
oh btw.. the first two balls of my innings, I wasn't there. ;)

Played a few games. Got absolutely owned in my first game. Then played two games with ashykicker, got beaten badly in the first, and did OK in the second.

Then played RV, the creator himself, level 7. Did pretty bad, but can't blame me. GG to you.

Then beat whitehornmatt:D. I got my batting right that time, though I bowled better in earlier games. Chuffed with the win, gg WHM. If there was a chat feature, I could've told him that:p.

But no, these are the minor things that I didn't like:

-Just too short a time at the end of the over, make it 10-15 seconds please.
-In my first three games, I saw that I clearly ran 3, but got 2 runs for it, it got better once I played you, RV.
-It's too hard to play the shot to fine leg, the sweep is just too difficult. I even saw you had problems with this.
-Sound effects started to get very repetitive after a few balls.
-Lack of fielding position choices. Open is bad since the spaces behind the wicket are free for boundaries. It is best with off-side, onside field is useless. I would like some solid fields, some for spinners and some for fasts. It takes real skill to get it past fielders.
-I would like a lag bar, showing network lag, like in CR, that would help. It's a pain when there's lag, but you don't really know it.
-Practice nets would be nice, kind of like the "demo".
-To me, offies didn't seem effective enough, I found it peanuts getting wickets with leggies, but not with offies. Even with F's it was quite easy.
-The team batting first seems to have an advantage as it lags in the second innings I've seen.
-10 wickets is too much, against WHM I was risking a run to see if I could get extra runs, as all you've got to do is make sure you don't lose the wickets of your better bats.
-I'd like some forums to discuss the game. This is OK, but the game needs its own forum.
-It's a 5-over game, I don't want my guy blocking the ball. This shot should be taken out of the game. It just blocks the ball for me when I don't want it to. Maybe just plain back arrow can be block.

Positives:

-Fun game, even when I lost.
-I like the graphics for a browser-based game, simple, and do the job, results in less lag.
-Shot selection is good.
-The game seems similair to stick cricket, but more online friendly, more in-depth and just a better game. Better gameplay. I haven't been there lately, but I don't think you can bowl either. Howzat will be able to match Stick Cricket in the future in some other things as well, as I think the stat-tracking in Stick Cricket is much better. But a good foundation to become the new succesor of Stick Cricket as the great browser-based cricket game.
-Bowling in the game is absolutely superb IMO. Pretty much flawless.
-Game isn't too easy.

It dosen't seem so, but the positives definitely outweigh the negatives at this stage. Good job RV:D.

On the contrary, just dismissed a team all out for 10! I thought I was bad, maybe Abhas is just brilliant! :p

Then again, it seemed like he wasn't there for half the innings - I snared the last 5 wickets in 5 balls. However, when it was my turn to bat he bowled instantly so maybe he just didn't know how to bat?

Playing WHM currently.. He's getting owned :p

Abhas added 8 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

The game is lagging a lot though!! Taking ages to bowl.
and watsson is playing the innings of a lifetime here.. 1 run off 13 balls :p

Last edited:
Gilly Fan launched a nice six off Jack Watts when he was batting in my game.. but he hasn't really gotten the hang of things yet and I picked up a comfortable victory after posting 2/63. Still was a fun game. :)

Yeah, sorry the last over the lag was so bad that my internet browser froze. Btw, Watts is ████ in this game just like real life.

I'm with Colin, wouldn't mind some nets. My timing is terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread